Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Re: Mod for a Day

Sep 15, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

that would be bad for the community poeple would definatly stir up trouble one way or another

Possibly or it could be a learning experience for them.

How would it be a learning experience?

Smiley LOL

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 11 of 74 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19018 posts

Sep 15, 2013

The only way for this idea to work is for the mods, admins, and MVP's to focus on the members who have had a number of years experience with dealing with other members on this or multiple forums.

But if this contest were offered to all members, there's a strong chance that these powers would be abused in one form or another.

I certainly don't want these forums to lose a good reputation just to support something like this.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 12 of 74 (114 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Sep 15, 2013

dc4daniel wrote:

I would pay to see Hitman become Mod.  It would be the most entertaining forum day ever!

It would be entertaining to see any amateur be a Mod for a day IMO. There really couldn't be any long lasting repurcussions. I'd risk someone banning me for a day to see this in action. Could be funny. Of course the real moderation team would have to Mod the Mod so to speak but that probably already happens anyway.

Message 13 of 74 (106 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36949 posts

Sep 15, 2013

dc4daniel wrote:

I would pay to see Hitman become Mod.  It would be the most entertaining forum day ever!

http://t.qkme.me/3qkeqd.jpg

Message 14 of 74 (102 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
No. Power would be abused.

That's part of the fun. Would the power be abused knowing the person who felt your wrath could be the next to become a temporary Mod? And of course how much could it be abused it's only for 24 hours.

Message 15 of 74 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Sep 15, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

dc4daniel wrote:

It would be entertaining to see any amateur be a Mod for a day IMO. There really couldn't be any long lasting repurcussions. I'd risk someone banning me for a day to see this in action. Could be funny. Of course the real moderation team would have to Mod the Mod so to speak but that probably already happens anyway.

To be honest. I would not come to the forums. I have many people on my back alot of the times ( not naming names and reasons Smiley Tongue ).

Lies.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 16 of 74 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Sep 15, 2013
^agreed. I think it'd drive many members away.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 17 of 74 (84 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9024 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Even if something like that is ever made and lets just say i win i won't take it simple because im not prepared,with the huge amount of reports,pm and delete this lock that the moderators work under a lot of pressure and even worse when they make a mistake because after all they are humans and they also make mistakes.Some admit it while others will just say they made the right decision is their job ,they can't afford to lose it so yeah me working as a moderator is a no.Moderators have my respects for participating in the community and maintaining order around here

KANE-FIRE

Message 18 of 74 (74 Views)
MVP Support
24785 posts

Sep 15, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

that would be bad for the community poeple would definatly stir up trouble one way or another

Possibly or it could be a learning experience for them.

How would it be a learning experience?

Smiley LOL

After banning their enemies for no reason then having their enemies banning them in retaliation and so on a fewe times maybe they'd finally see the futility of it all and stop it?

Nah, you're right we've seen people get time outs for their attacks and come back and go right back into attack mode.

At least this has been an interesting and respectful discussion so far. A welcome change to OT......

Message 19 of 74 (66 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Sep 15, 2013

KANE-FIRE wrote:

Even if something like that is ever made and lets just say i win i won't take it simple because im not prepared,with the huge amount of reports,pm and delete this lock that the moderators work under a lot of pressure and even worse when they make a mistake because after all they are humans and they also make mistakes.Some admit it while others will just say they made the right decision is their job ,they can't afford to lose it so yeah me working as a moderator is a no.Moderators have my respects for participating in the community and maintaining order around here

And that's also part of the learning experience I mentioned. Opting out would have to be an option as well......

Message 20 of 74 (62 Views)
0 Likes