Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Missing Colorado Gamers

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

NameIess_One wrote:

Just as it is a double standard for PlayStation Home to give a 'Pray for Japan' easter egg in the Hub, but no 'Pray for Chernobyl' or 'Pray for Thailand'.

Everything is based on what is 'popular' or what is currently trending nowadays, isn't it?

Well Sony is a Japanese company. That Prayer for Japan in the hub is understandable in my view anyway. I certainly understand where you are coming from and I don't really disagree with you. If you do it for one you should do it for all. 

The bottom line is if you or anyone else feel something is inappropriate there is a report abuse button to report it. Moderation will decide what is or is not appropriate. I suspect this thread will get locked. It's a Wednesday and I would imagine that moderation should be around to deal with any reports of abuse that have been filed. 

Message 41 of 67 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

NameIess_One wrote:

Just as it is a double standard for PlayStation Home to give a 'Pray for Japan' easter egg in the Hub, but no 'Pray for Chernobyl' or 'Pray for Thailand'.

Everything is based on what is 'popular' or what is currently trending nowadays, isn't it?

Well Sony is a Japanese company. That Prayer for Japan is understandable in my view anyway. I certainly understand where you are coming from. If you do it for one you should do it for all. 

The bottom line is if you or anyone else feel something is inappropriate there is a report abuse button to report it. Moderation will decide what is or is not appropriate. I suspect this thread will get locked. It's a Wednesday and I suspect moderation should be around to deal with any reports abuse that has been filed. 

Thailand is part of the Asian Playstation region as well.

What? No love for those unfornunate 2011 flood victims who possibly could of been PlayStation gamers as well?

Message 42 of 67 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 25, 2012

NameIess_One wrote:

Thailand is part of the Asian Playstation region as well.

What? No love for those unfornunate 2011 flood victims who possibly could of been PlayStation gamers as well?

I think my position is more than clear. I don't need to restate it. You have an option to hit report abuse. Moderation will be here soon enough to make that determination.

Message 43 of 67 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

Jul 25, 2012

I reserve my judgment in reporting threads. I hardly, if ever report a thread, unless I find it grossly inappropriate. However, I do not withhold my opinions.

The thread should have been locked by a moderator before it got going. For a forum that's moderators are quick to react, they are pretty selective on which threads get a free pass.

Message 44 of 67 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Or perhaps the Home Community Volunteer that made this thread should undergo some more sensitivity training. Seems he's still a little wet behind the ears.

Message 45 of 67 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

Grand_Moff wrote:

I reserve my judgment in reporting threads. I hardly, if ever report a thread, unless I find it grossly inappropriate. However, I do not withhold my opinions.

The thread should have been locked by a moderator before it got going. For a forum that's moderators are quick to react, they are pretty selective on which threads get a free pass.

That is assuming someone reported it. Moderation does not always act in a timely way it appears. This isn't the weekend so it is a bit odd they haven't responded at this point assuming it's been reported.

I'd personally be surprised if it hasn't been.  

Message 46 of 67 (153 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Jul 25, 2012

good job on ruining the thread, Nameless_One.

Message 47 of 67 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

This isn't the weekend so it is a bit odd they haven't responded at this point assuming it's been reported.

You may have exactly proven my point. The forums and the moderation picking and choosing which forum rules are to be enforced, depending on the nature of the topic.

I will bet  that the reason why this thread eventually gets locked/deleted is not going to be because it is irrelevant to Home but because of the posts within it.

Message 48 of 67 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Jul 25, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

good job on ruining the thread, Nameless_One.

This thread was already ruined when the thread creator ignorantly slapped the questionable titles of 'Colorado Gamers' when he doesn't even know the victims at all, in order to gain some self-respect and respect from others. Taking advantage of a tragic incident that has no bearing here on the PlayStation Home forums and does not need to be popularized any more.

If you truly respect the deceased, give them privacy. Popularizing it more only gives more satisfication from the alleged murderer that his gruesome act will live on as a legacy.

Message 49 of 67 (110 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Jul 25, 2012

And take a look at the rest of this thread.

Most of the posts are thanking the thread creator for making this questionable thread. Was this what you wanted? Are you trying to leech respect from the fallen for yourself?

Message 50 of 67 (82 Views)
0 Likes