Uncharted Territory
1325 posts

Re: Missing Colorado Gamers

Jul 25, 2012
Yes plz beware of tragedies like this and treat them with respect. You never know who may be affected by theses events.
MVP
Message 11 of 67 (242 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Jul 25, 2012

thats awesome jah

Message 12 of 67 (238 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Jul 25, 2012
Your a awesome and caring man for posting this. I feel for everyone in that theater and for there families. I pray the wounded well heal. And the dead shall go too heaven and be in a better place. And for the families that has had a lost or a friend killed that they know there in a happier place and that there woulnded family well heal too see them again have bbqs and have a chance for another birthday. I PRAY FOR EVERYONE ENVOLVED WITH THE SHOOTING AND THAT THE MURDERAR BE BROUGHT TOO JUSTICE AND GETS WHATS COMING. I 2 have a couple of friends on Psn that has been affected by this. And I pray for them everyday and comfort them all the time. And I whanna thank everyone who has praise for these families and people u are good.people and I whanna guvs a extra shout out too the op
Goodbye home
Message 13 of 67 (224 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
700 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

Hello i want everyone to a minute out of what there doing and say a prayer for each family out there that went through this,Thanks and God Bless,I send my prayer out to the families.Thanks JaH for posting this thread,Put a lump in my throat.

lsu
Message 14 of 67 (206 Views)
Wastelander
481 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Thank you everybody for the support on this serious matter. I appreciate all the positive comments and I'm sure those involved do as well. It will be a long phase of healing that may go a little smoother with all of the world having their back. 

Great job yall.

photo resize187x186_zps228e9f5d.gif
Message 15 of 67 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

A tragedy, yes.

But now it's imperative for us to hold a vigil in this thread here for victims in a highly publicized tragedy?

I guess those less/non publicized tragedies that include victims should be regularly brought up here too. Why don't we make more threads like this for every Syrian gamer who lost their lives from senseless killings too? I personally hate it when people decide to create threads like this only when the media decides it is of importance, and I just wanted to bring this up.

If I were you, I'd edit your opening post to reflect all various tragedies instead of only surfacing it into one publicized tragedy from the media. It really does look like you're inadvertedly taking advantage of a tragedy to garner respect...

By the way, remember KONY 2012? ugh. Seems like everybody is easily willing to get caught up in the media frenzy these days.

Message 16 of 67 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
817 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Massacres happen all the time. But what does this have to do with PS Home? It's not like PS Home drove him insane.

Message 17 of 67 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Jul 25, 2012

NameIess_One wrote:

A tragedy, yes.

But now it's imperative for us to hold a vigil in this thread here for victims in a highly publicized tragedy?

I guess those less/non publicized tragedies that include victims should be regularly brought up here too. Why don't we make more threads like this for every Syrian gamer who lost their lives from senseless killings too? I personally hate it when people decide to create threads like this only when the media decides it is of importance, and I just wanted to bring this up.

If I were you, I'd edit your opening post to reflect all various tragedies instead of only surfacing it into one publicized tragedy from the media. It really does look like you're inadvertedly taking advantage of a tragedy to garner respect...

By the way, remember KONY 2012? ugh. Seems like everybody is easily willing to get caught up in the media frenzy these days.

I get what you're saying. This isn't something that is Home related, and yes we don't make a thread for every Syrian Gamer that dies, but I'm at the point where I have a problem with the phrase "senseless killing".

Those gamers in Syria deserve to at least allow us to reflect on their death. So do the people killed in Aurora. That theater was crowded with fans of a franchise many of us love and have followed for most of our lives. The death of so many people that I think most of us here would have liked to have known since we have something in common with them is tragic. I just hope that we as a community haven't become so cynical that we can't regret the loss of the victims, and feel some sympathy for those that have died, or suffered the loss of a loved one because of their love for comics or the fantasy world that we all share.

Message 18 of 67 (146 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Jul 25, 2012

thanks JAHoe fer posting this, just know this could of been anyone here and its sad to hear this happened.. prayers for the family and friends involved in this tragic event.

Message 19 of 67 (141 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Awesome of you to post this.

My heart goes to all those involved.

Was nice to see that Christian Bale - Pres Obama - and others took the time to visit those in Aurora.  While it doesn't lessen the tragedy - it has to help lift some spirits

JPConway

Message 20 of 67 (120 Views)