Welcome backSmiley Happy!

Message 51 of 64 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Re: Military

Jan 2, 2007

wrote:
why do people subject themselves to this when they could live an otherwise long happy live other than going to boot camp and getting yelled at and all that **bleep**, it just doesnt make any sense to me

It's really not that bad...I think I live a pretty decent life. I have all the things I could basically ever want. I have a HDTV, i have a 360, ps2, dont want a ps3 yet, a brand new laptop...and my car, 2 mtx 9500 12's, tv, my ps2 is in there, custom paint, rims...not trying to brag but I get tired of people saying the military is a bad life.. For being 18 years old I think I have a damn good life, I'll get to do things other people will never be able to do.

Oh and thx for every1 telling me welcome back... it feels good lol
That's me in the pic in case you were wondering.
Message 52 of 64 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7422 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Yep I am in the service. I am currently with The Peoples Brigade of Los Angeles. We don't harm for money. We keep peace for peace sakeSmiley Wink
Photobucket
Message 53 of 64 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3954 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Say man, do you have to finish high school to join the military?
And welcome back.
Message 54 of 64 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3399 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Im headed back to Army Basic training tommaro
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 55 of 64 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Jan 2, 2007

IloveDaisyDuke9123 wrote:
Say man, do you have to finish high school to join the military?
And welcome back.

Yes and No, You have to a ged and get in...but they only let a certain number of people with a ged in each year. So a diploma will help exponentially(sp?) but it is possible to do it with a ged.
Message 56 of 64 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Miss_Shea wrote:
Im headed back to Army Basic training tommaro

Why are you headed back? what happened?
Message 57 of 64 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2037 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Overclocked Cellist wrote:
I guess I go under the "old geezer" catagory.

I'm not a warrior. I'm an entertainer. I hate war.

Like Bob Hope was. Or I think thats what his name was. Soldiers need that type of support. I personallly am PLANNING on attending West Point or Annapolis, and joining either the Marines or Army. I can already do all the physical requirements and I am in 9th grade(freshmen in Highschool)!!!!

Need a BF2(PC) clan?? Click the sig.Photobucket - Video and Image HostingNeed a BF2(PC) clan?? Click the sig.
Message 58 of 64 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6056 posts

Jan 3, 2007

westies wrote:

wrote:
why do people subject themselves to this when they could live an otherwise long happy live other than going to boot camp and getting yelled at and all that **bleep**, it just doesnt make any sense to me

It's really not that bad...I think I live a pretty decent life. I have all the things I could basically ever want. I have a HDTV, i have a 360, ps2, dont want a ps3 yet, a brand new laptop...and my car, 2 mtx 9500 12's, tv, my ps2 is in there, custom paint, rims...not trying to brag but I get tired of people saying the military is a bad life.. For being 18 years old I think I have a damn good life, I'll get to do things other people will never be able to do.

Yeah, plus you have free health care and a life insurence policy.  My brother has one worth $425,000 that would go to his wife, and I think $100,000 if his wife passes away while he's in the Marines.
Message 59 of 64 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Jan 3, 2007

Im confused. wrote:

westies wrote:

wrote:

Yeah, plus you have free health care and a life insurence policy.  My brother has one worth $425,000 that would go to his wife, and I think $100,000 if his wife passes away while he's in the Marines.

yep, everyone gets the 425,000. And you can send it to whoever you want.
Message 60 of 64 (0 Views)
0 Likes