Jan 02 2007
By: westies~ Uncharted Territory 1537 posts

Military

63 replies 1 views Edited Jan 2, 2007
What's up fellas...I havn't posted here in a long time...since I went to boot camp lol. I 'm just curious to how many people here or in the military or for you old geezers how many were ever in the service, and how did you like your time serving. As for me I'm in the marines and have been in since aug. 05.... and I think it's ok. It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it's not half bad either. Any questions just ask.
That's me in the pic in case you were wondering.
Message 1 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15169 posts

Re: Military

Jan 2, 2007

westies wrote:
What's up fellas...I havn't posted here in a long time...since I went to boot camp lol. I 'm just curious to how many people here or in the military or for you old geezers how many were ever in the service, and how did you like your time serving. As for me I'm in the marines and have been in since aug. 05.... and I think it's ok. It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it's not half bad either. Any questions just ask.

Im in the service, im in the Canadian Army as a Line Tech, I love it thus far and I've been in for 3 years, im a Corporal.

Im actually going to Kingston Ontario on thursday to start the final stage of my trades training.
Message 2 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14373 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Welcome back
Photobucket
PSUComic|XBL - FadeToDark|PSN - FadeToDark
Message 3 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2041 posts

Jan 2, 2007
I'm actually considering joining the Marines, question:  Physically, what does it take?  Like what are the requirements at boot camp physically?

Guess who's back.
Message 4 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7244 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Thats awesome, im going into either the Navy or the National Guard, havent fully made a 100% decision yet.
Message 5 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Well that depends...for the minimum its really a joke... 3 pull ups, 28 min 3 mile, and like 60 crunches in 2 mins. I know i think its sad to. The perfect scores for those are 20 pull-ups, 18 min 3 mile, and 100 crunches... the crunches are easy as hell. The average is about 15-20 pull ups, 20-22 min 3 mile, and 100 crunches. So it's really not that hard if your in decent shape. The hardest physical part is probably the hikes. You do a 3, 5, and 9 mile hike...with ike a 60-70 pound hike..not to heavy... but you're moving at a high rate of speed...you're actually running alot during the hikes...they suck. then at MCT which is after bootcamp you have to do a 3, 6, and 9 mile hike again...this time with a 90-100 pound pack...but you get to use the better packs...which makes life alot easier and they are at a slower pace. What job are you looking at joining in? I'm at Miramar in san diego as a Avionics electronics technician...I dont know if ya'll heard about it but I was about half a mile from where that f-18 crashed a few weeks ago.  Saw the whole thing... it was great...link..   PLANE CRASH

pyoung0259 wrote:
I'm actually considering joining the Marines, question:  Physically, what does it take?  Like what are the requirements at boot camp physically?

Message 6 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10110 posts

Jan 2, 2007

westies wrote:
Well that depends...for the minimum its really a joke... 3 pull ups, 28 min 3 mile, and like 60 crunches in 2 mins. I know i think its sad to. The perfect scores for those are 20 pull-ups, 18 min 3 mile, and 100 crunches... the crunches are easy as hell. The average is about 15-20 pull ups, 20-22 min 3 mile, and 100 crunches. So it's really not that hard if your in decent shape. The hardest physical part is probably the hikes. You do a 3, 5, and 9 mile hike...with ike a 60-70 pound hike..not to heavy... but you're moving at a high rate of speed...you're actually running alot during the hikes...they suck. then at MCT which is after bootcamp you have to do a 3, 6, and 9 mile hike again...this time with a 90-100 pound pack...but you get to use the better packs...which makes life alot easier and they are at a slower pace. What job are you looking at joining in? I'm at Miramar in san diego as a Avionics electronics technician...I dont know if ya'll heard about it but I was about half a mile from where that f-18 crashed a few weeks ago.  Saw the whole thing... it was great...link..   PLANE CRASH

pyoung0259 wrote:

Do you have to do all of that in the Air force?
Message 7 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5006 posts

Jan 2, 2007
welcome back

made by meh
Message 8 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Jan 2, 2007
lol no... the air force is easy as hell. You only have to run like a mile..maybe a 1 1/2 miles. You have to do pushups, and situps though...but  Idont know how many. I just know its pretty easy. I'm sure just about anyone could do it.
Message 9 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11513 posts

Jan 2, 2007

westies wrote:

Currently a contracted ROTC cadet. Will be in the Army in 4 years.
DDR:
Fascination MaXX, Healing~D~Vision Oni, Fascination ~eternal love mix~, Healing~D~Vision, MAX 300 Super Max-Me-Mix Oni, Paranoia Survivor MAX Oni, Paranoia Respect, MAX 300 Super Max-Me-Mix, The Legend of MAX, Paranoia Survivor MAX, Maxx Unlimited, MAX 300, Paranoia Survivor, Xepher, CHAOS, Sakura, Bag
ITG:
Summer ~speedy mix~ 13, Delerium 12, Vertex 12, Energizer 12
Message 10 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes