Highlighted
Dec 07 2013
By: anth7282 First Son 6 posts

Military Region Issue/wallet

5 replies 130 views Edited Dec 7, 2013

Hi I'm a military member stationed overseas, and I'm trying to reset my region to add funds to my wallet, is there a way to reset my region code so i can do this? usually there is an AE option for member in europe and AP option for those in the asia pacific, but I did not see any. Thank in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 6 (130 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28243 posts

Re: Military Region Issue/wallet

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2013

Years ago, when I was on deployment overseas, I stayed on base. I simply used my normal active account and had no issues. I am sure the same could have been done off base as I know of people outside of the United States who do have North American (SCEA) accounts. But then it could depend on the region you're in and lawful restrictions.

This probably didn't help, but I thought I may as well share that bit just in case it does.

Good luck.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 6 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 7, 2013
Yeah should've done my homework on that, the problem now is I can't put my credit card info in for the playstation plus because my region is set to US. And the US region doesn't give you an APO AE option. I appreciate though, might have to reset ps4 and set region to where I am now I guess
Message 3 of 6 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4674 posts

Dec 7, 2013

You might get some help over here https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options/ , they might have an option for you. 

Message 4 of 6 (104 Views)
VP of Gaming
28243 posts

Dec 7, 2013

Do the above and/or try calling SCEA at 1-800-345-7669 during normal business hours for assistance. I'm sure there's a resolution as we have a whole lot of Service Members stationed or deployed overseas who also use the PSN and the PlayStation Store with no inordinate issues.

Again, good luck!

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 5 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 9, 2013
Well talk to support and unfortunately no solution right now until next year, but at they're aware of the issue now. Hopefully will be playing multiplayer next year some time
Message 6 of 6 (73 Views)
0 Likes