Limit Breaker
22906 posts

Re: Microsoft ships 3.9 million Xbox Ones in record revenue-generating launch quarter

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

who "won" last gen? wii ps3 or 360 ?

if counting from the Playstation one era..  then it's as followed

**estimates**

PSOne -- 102 million

PS2--  155 millions

Wii- 100 millions

it's just starting .. but from the # of systems sold..   the PS4 is catching up to the Wii-U.. despite having a 1 year head start..

some said by the middle of this year PS4 will pass Wii-U in sale numbers..

and from the looks of it.. it's like with the PS2 era again.. with sony leading.. microsoft second.. and nintendo third place..

i heard complaints of Kinect.. of how it is included with each system sold.. but not many developers are releasing games that will be using the thing.. (remind anyone of Sixaxis or Move ??)  ... so.. it might be the downfall for Xbox one console.. .. who knows.. they might change their mind and remove the useless thing and lower the price to PS4 price range (keep it as an optional accessory is a better choice)..  then that's when the competition will heat up...but of course.. everything just predictions at the moments..

but still.. ever since they joined the console race... they always maintain 2nd place .. so microsoft is doing pretty good themselves..

competition among these companiese is a good thing for the consumers.. more choices and games to pick from.

so pick your poison Smiley Happy

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 25 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: Microsoft ships 3.9 million Xbox Ones in record revenue-generating launch quarter

Jan 24, 2014

I wonder when Sony starts to meet demand will it start to really to take the lead or will they be neck in neck for the entire gen.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 22 of 25 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22906 posts

Jan 24, 2014

Akirasolid wrote:

I wonder when Sony starts to meet demand will it start to really to take the lead or will they be neck in neck for the entire gen.

:/

expect PSN to be down again when the PS4 launched in Japan next month.. and shortage for a while..

maybe 3-4 months after the Japan launch

but this Christmas 2014.. i think people will have no problem getting a PS4 for their love ones

but i wonder if the demands will still be high as before by that time??

Message 23 of 25 (111 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41812 posts

Jan 24, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@BRIT-KO

I can only agree with that to an extent. While yes there are a lot of fanboys on the Internet, there are also some very good points as to why Microsoft needs change. Don't forget that this is a company who put their loyal userbase on the back burned after the 360 became successful. Not to mention what they did to Rare is nothing short of criminal.

Also, if we had this kind of attitude in 2006, the PS3 probably never would have shaped into the great console it became nor would the PS4 be what that is. If we just accept everything, nothing gets better.

Here is a podcast with former Microsoft employee, Christa Charter (Trixie 360). She lets everything out about what is wrong with the Xbox brand. Start listening at the 25 minute mark.

http://www.gamertagradio.com/new/2012/10/episode-358-exclusive-podcast-interview-with-christa-charte...

@Murderstyle75 - Disagreement is good, it brings discussion, that's no bad thing, especially when good discussion is somewhat lacking on these Forums lately!

I have no issue with 'fanboys', be they from whichever camp, I used to have an XBOX many years ago, I loved it & spent many many hours playing on it, I was to all intents & purposes an MS 'fanboy' back then, am I a Sony one now, possibly yes, but I still hate seeing so much venom on the internet, disucssion yes, plain outright rage, there's no place for that.

And to the others like HITMAN who mentioned the Wii U, it's actually a great piece of kit & I wish Nintendo the very best with it & I hope they can pull through these disappointing sales slumps.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 24 of 25 (95 Views)
Limit Breaker
22906 posts

Jan 24, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote

I have no issue with 'fanboys', be they from whichever camp, I used to have an XBOX many years ago, I loved it & spent many many hours playing on it, I was to all intents & purposes an MS 'fanboy' back then, am I a Sony one now, possibly yes, but I still hate seeing so much venom on the internet, disucssion yes, plain outright rage, there's no place for that.

this is another interesting article i think you should read  Smiley Happy

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Video-games-will-save-the-world/m-p/42745...

Message 25 of 25 (82 Views)
0 Likes