Treasure Hunter
7125 posts

Re: Microsoft is legitimately killing themselves

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

johngie wrote:
Don Mattrick, on people who have no/little internet access:

“"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,”

I mean, what the actual hell? Is this their way of getting out of the console business?

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gamers-without-internet-can-stick-with-xbox-360-says-microsoft

No.. what he is doing is called back tracking to promote  360 also hinting a delay ..  they  have new version of xbox 360   that came out and they can  delay  xbox one to take a few things off it, thats what he is doing .But   if  dont delay it then it ging to be  a huge mstake on their parts.

As matter of act  the whle  M$ will fall and there will be huge movie about it too..A buisness climate  guy said M$ will fall a around 2017.. look like  he gave them room to startSmiley Very Happy collecting cans..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 21 of 27 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3091 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

I understand what he meant on both points.  I think it's safe to assume the amount of people who don't have an always-on internet connection is a pretty small minority in this country in this day and age.  For that minority, they have to settle for the 360.  And this ties into the imagining worst case scenarios point as does the whole Kinect-spying-on-you thing.  People have a right to have concerns about their design direction, they also have the right to jump ship.  I think it would benefit everyone, though, if we'd all look at things objectively and realistically.

Again, I understand the points he made in that interview, but holy hell it was done as tactlessly as possible.

Message 22 of 27 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5839 posts

Jun 13, 2013
Well they did drive me back to sony after a few years with the 360. I really don't understand their business practices. Do they think they will make more money with the new drm and internet requirements? Whatever. Their arrogance will be their undoing.
Message 23 of 27 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7125 posts

Jun 13, 2013

un4gvn2 wrote:
Well they did drive me back to sony after a few years with the 360. I really don't understand their business practices. Do they think they will make more money with the new drm and internet requirements? Whatever. Their arrogance will be their undoing.

Yes.// I thnk the drm policy they have is to catch unfair players more than  get money for these 3rd party  devs..  I  think thats why they take slice of the pie becuase they set up infrstrcuture or w/e.. Drm is nothng  good to putting on a console game, not becuase it restrict used game or anythng . but  it cost to much to maintain..

If a  unfair player finds how  out it operates then you have a  big big issue on your hands in the hardware/software area. Everyone will lose money.. Im not talkng chump change either. Trust me it is going to happen on  xbx1..   they just pandoara box and  the key of hope  fell down tha rabbit hole..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 24 of 27 (80 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14108 posts

Jun 13, 2013

MindAssassin wrote:

I understand what he meant on both points.  I think it's safe to assume the amount of people who don't have an always-on internet connection is a pretty small minority in this country in this day and age.  For that minority, they have to settle for the 360.  And this ties into the imagining worst case scenarios point as does the whole Kinect-spying-on-you thing.  People have a right to have concerns about their design direction, they also have the right to jump ship.  I think it would benefit everyone, though, if we'd all look at things objectively and realistically.

Again, I understand the points he made in that interview, but holy hell it was done as tactlessly as possible.

Definitely. He was trying to promote the older system too, but he didn't do it in a very good way at all. Made the company look really bad.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 25 of 27 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jun 13, 2013

un4gvn2 wrote:

It's like I said in my podcast:

"I haven't felt this betrayed since my second divorce."

I left Sony (after being an early adopter on PS1 and a loyal upgrade to PS2) for Microsoft, and, although I did enjoy the original Xbox and the 360, I have absolutel zero love lost for returning to Sony.

I just wish I had seen the light sooner.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 26 of 27 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2599 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

“"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,”

OR you can pay $100 less and get a much better product that has more games confirmed and has to form of 24 hour DRM or online requirement, and dont require a camera: Playstation 4.

Microsoft is seriously the laughing stock of gaming right now...

Not even EA games has ever managed to anger this many people...

Message 27 of 27 (49 Views)
0 Likes