Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Re: Microsoft and their lies.

Jun 22, 2013
I'm sure Microsoft will bring back all of those evil plans when the time is right, they had to turn it off right now because they needed it, the XBO was getting a lot of hate and it was PR suicide to announce it this soon.
SONY on the other hand was smart enough to not talk about it and just screw us in one year or two without notice xD
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9638 posts

Jun 22, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

jjbiggunz wrote:

what stops sony from putting drm on there console??? 

Like I said in the post above yours.

"Nothing" does. People need to stop and think, "Sony could do the same thing we're afraid MS may do."

Just because Sony didn't say they were going to do it, doesn't mean they haven't thought about it, and won't in the future.

Why would sony do this?

They went on the biggest stage on the world in terms of gaming and said they are in full support of used games and wont require internet connections and this and that. They also went on jimmy fellon and said the same. They're not going to go against that plan after all the advertising they've been doing with it 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Jun 22, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

jjbiggunz wrote:

"Nothing" does. People need to stop and think, "Sony could do the same thing we're afraid MS may do."

Just because Sony didn't say they were going to do it, doesn't mean they haven't thought about it, and won't in the future.

Why would sony do this?

They went on the biggest stage on the world in terms of gaming and said they are in full support of used games and wont require internet connections and this and that. They also went on jimmy fellon and said the same. They're not going to go against that plan after all the advertising they've been doing with it 

Exactly, and MS has said the same thing. I know it wasn't on the big stage, but every Gaming Site has posted this and gamers don't forget. So if people are saying MS could shoot themselves in the foot by adding it later. Well Sony could also shoot themselves in the foot.

I personally don't think either of them would do this, but if they did it wouldn't be in an obvious way. Probably leave it up to Publishers/Developers. Nothing stopping that from happening.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Hello, I think microsoft is making people set the system up with the internet so they can patch the DRM and 24 hour check ins...the difference from the Ps4 to the XB1 is that XB1 has DRM and 24 hour check ins built into the system...The PS4 has no built in DRM and no check in stuff built in (as far as we all know, i bet they don't:smileyhappy:)...so in order for XB1 users to use there system they need to patch it...that is why i think they are making people get the system started online.

And i do agree, i like mircosoft will turn the DRM back on at some point.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (168 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4104 posts

Jun 22, 2013

There is nothing to stop Microsoft (or even Sony) from doing this down the road, post launch. That is, nothing except looking bad and a loss on Gold/PS+/Game sales.

And the latter is enough not to.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Because corporations focused on financial gain can always be taken at face value, with the public having total confidence that their word is backed up with honor and integrity.....

You can garuntee SONY had structured plans involving PS4 DRM capabilities. I am willing to bet the ONLY reason this was not instilled is to get an upper hand on XB1 by pulling a few Master Chiefs into the Playstation undergrounds, while maintaining an image of loyalty to it's current users.

I am also willing to bet that the following generations will have full DRM restrictions from all PC and gaming consoles.

I also have a strong feeling we will see DRM restrictions on these new systems, even if it is developer controlled (Diablo III?), with an online connection manditory for gameplay.

Sony, Microsoft and every other corporation out there is buisness first, product and customer satisfaction after (yes, they all tie together, but at the top of the pyramid is $). Sony is no benevolent, philanthropic company out to comfort and warm the gamers of the world in its safe bossom, they are a company whose specialty lies in the entertainment industries.

I will buy my PS4 because I have had a lot of fun and great experiences inside the playstation realms, and Sony hasn't shown very much darkness in their values(outside the typical corporate greed which really cannot be changed aside from boycotting almost every product with a $ in front of it). Until this changes, I will stick with Sony, but not because I believe their fountain gushes water which is pure.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (157 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4104 posts

Jun 22, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

jjbiggunz wrote:

Why would sony do this?

They went on the biggest stage on the world in terms of gaming and said they are in full support of used games and wont require internet connections and this and that. They also went on jimmy fellon and said the same. They're not going to go against that plan after all the advertising they've been doing with it 

You never know. The PS3 has taken away features over it's lifespan. Things that were advertised at it's launch.

The OS option was removed through a firmware update and the B/C was removed in later remodels.

These didn't bother everybody, but there still was a great amount of people complaining.

PS4 is designed for the devs in mind. If there happens to be devs in the future that want a "Used Game Fee" added to their game, will Sony say "No."?

The "Online Pass" is already a form of this. What is to stop them from just asking "Hey, can we make the $10 dollar pass be just to play the game -- Period?"

This goes for PS4 and Xbox One, of course. I'm not trying to add to the worry, just trying to say things can change in the future.

Nothing is written in stone.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 22, 2013
thats why came back home i was always a PS Fanboy even on xbox
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (143 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2884 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Moved from "PS General". :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (142 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Jun 22, 2013

MS "spoke with their wallet", and will continue to do so:

http://fourversusone.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/xbox-180-how-microsoft-spoke-with-their-wallet/ 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (119 Views)
0 Likes