Highlighted
Mar 26 2007
By: Str8Jacket~ Ghost of Sparta 15503 posts

Microsoft Word Help

11 replies 1 views Edited Mar 26, 2007
I updated to Windows office 07, and now whenver I hit enter to go down a line it goes down as if it's double spaced, even though I set it to single. Anyone know how I can fix this?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 1 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20171 posts

Re: Microsoft Word Help

Mar 26, 2007
I'm working on a project with Word 07 now and I'm so used to just pressing enter. Just hold down shift and enter and it will go down one space.
=o
The views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of SCEA and are of a personal nature.
PS.com Moderating Team: Member first, Moderator second.
Message 2 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15503 posts

Mar 26, 2007

pspplaya2005 wrote:
I'm working on a project with Word 07 now and I'm so used to just pressing enter. Just hold down shift and enter and it will go down one space.

Thank you! I have 2 papers to write in an hour and a half and I thought it would ruin them. Do you have any idea why it does this?
Message 3 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20171 posts

Mar 26, 2007

Str8 Jacket wrote:

pspplaya2005 wrote:

Thank you! I have 2 papers to write in an hour and a half and I thought it would ruin them. Do you have any idea why it does this?

lol, I should be finishing up my DBQ but I'm lurking around the forums. Smiley Tongue And I have no clue why it does this. Its going to take a while for me to get used to the new Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. They made some small changes fromOffice 2003 but its they are a big pain.
=o
The views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of SCEA and are of a personal nature.
Message 4 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15503 posts

Mar 26, 2007

pspplaya2005 wrote:

Str8 Jacket wrote:

pspplaya2005 wrote:

lol, I should be finishing up my DBQ but I'm lurking around the forums. Smiley Tongue And I have no clue why it does this. Its going to take a while for me to get used to the new Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. They made some small changes fromOffice 2003 but its they are a big pain.

I thought of this while I was writing. Do you think it automatically double spaces?
Message 5 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20171 posts

Mar 26, 2007

Str8 Jacket wrote:

pspplaya2005 wrote:

Str8 Jacket wrote:

pspplaya2005 wrote:

I thought of this while I was writing. Do you think it automatically double spaces?

After reading your post and messing around with the settings, I figured out how to fix this. Go to Page Layout > Spacing - There you will see colums for Before and After, make sure they are both set to '0' and it will return one line.
=o
Message 6 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6346 posts

Mar 26, 2007

Str8 Jacket wrote:

pspplaya2005 wrote:

Str8 Jacket wrote:

pspplaya2005 wrote:

In MS Office 2007, there's new "1-click" writing styles.

It's currently set to "Normal" by default.

Click "No-Spacing" to deactivate double spacing. It's located in the mid-left of the Home ribbon.
Message 7 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15503 posts

Mar 26, 2007
I have another question. I just saved the paper and will print it tommorow at school. Will the file open in Microsoft Words of other years? In my papers folder the other files said "Microsoft Word 1997-2003" for the type of file it is.
Message 8 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11132 posts

Mar 26, 2007
if you save it as word doc it wont open in anything except 07.  you need to save as 97-03 for older word versions

Message 9 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15503 posts

Mar 26, 2007

Lkr721993 wrote:
if you save it as word doc it wont open in anything except 07.  you need to save as 97-03 for older word versions

You have to be kidding.. Can older documents open in 07?

Message 10 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes