Jun 21 2013
By: Damagefox Splicer 42 posts

Microsoft Reverses DRM? Too Little Too Late. Not Going anywhere.

8 replies 117 views Edited Jun 21, 2013

Yeah I have been hearing over the past few days that Microsoft has finally noticed thier profits hemmoraging money. Thier profits in free-fall, the intelligent ones leaving after M$ spits in thier eye and beats the living *Bleep* out of consumers with thier policies, DRM, Fees, and Restrictions.

Only NOW it seems to they finally decide to -TEMPORARILY- (Key word there Kiddies) Remove the DRM, The 24-hour Check-in, the used game policy, etc. This however if you think about it is NOT out of thier devotion to you, or that they have seen any sort of Light or reasoning. They are merely trying to save as much of thier profits as they can. Think about it like this.

If someone is gravely injured and Bleeding all over the place from a potentially fatal wound. What is the first thing you do? Whatever you can to STOP THE BLEEDING FIRST. Only after can you try and clean up the wound so it doesnt look as bad.

This is what microsoft is doing. Thier profits were bleeding out like some severed artery, so they did what they could to stop, or Minimize the bleeding (loss of money) as best they could. Later On they will try and re-impliment these DRM and Restrictions, But they will no doubt try and pretty it up so it looks like they are limiting only because they 'care about you as a consumer'

However Now that they have done this, Numerous people are flooding back to Microsoft's Side like all is forgiven. Like now that the DRM is gone (for now anyways, it will return) they can all be happy again. And they are Removing the game sharing as a Form of 'punishment' (at least how I see it) , Like its the consumers fault for wanting not to be restricted and treated like a theif. They could have had it, but now they dont get it. AND yet people who left the abuse of Microsoft go flooding back.

A youtube User by the name of "Ninzendo" summed it up perfectly. These people are....Battered Housewives.

Yep, They are abused, they run, the abuser backs off a bit and offers them sweets and whispered promises "I will never hurt you again", and these people go running back making excuses for them.

They more than likely will reinstate the restrictions, you just wont see it coming from behind those rose-tinted glasses.

WELL GUESS WHAT?! I am NOT one of these people who will act like a "Battered Housewife". Sorry but So the people running back to microslop know, so that the people here know.

Microsoft has abused me and my trust, the community has abused me (didnt hesitate to kick me out the door). So I dont care what sort of DRM Reversals they make, I still stand. They have done thier damage, and thier reversal of course is Too Little Too Late. They lost me as a customer Permanently and I will stick by it. My 360 will make is final use as TRADE IN VALUE towards the PS4. I am not a battered housewife waiting to be coaxed back with a carrot. I am a Gamer, a company abuses me or my support and I will make sure they never see another shiny dime from me. 

This fox has fangs and get to close, I wont hesitate to use them. My logic may be a little off, maybe a little unintelligable. But I think for myself.

So To those of you who left M$, Are you a gamer? or are You a "Battered Housewife" waiting to be woo'ed back to microsoft's side with thier whispered promises.

Message 1 of 9 (117 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4813 posts

Re: Microsoft Reverses DRM? Too Little Too Late. Not Going anywhere.

Jun 21, 2013

Same, I am not going running back to MS have my PS4 on order and am debating on picking up a PS3 in July. Not sure if I am going to keep my 360 as I will not be getting any more games for it. 

Message 2 of 9 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Ikit-Klaw wrote:

Same, I am not going running back to MS have my PS4 on order and am debating on picking up a PS3 in July. Not sure if I am going to keep my 360 as I will not be getting any more games for it. 

I got the LE Halo 4 Console Bundle $399 + LE Halo 4 $100

Doubt Unless I trade in at just the right moment i am not even gonna get half of what I paid. Last time I took it into gamestop I was offered only about $160 for everything (Console, Controllers, 4+ games, Cords, Headsets, etc)

But I am done with MS and I am not going back just so they can turn around and think of a sneakier way to abuse me and betray my support.

Sadly alot of people are seeing the DRM reversal and instantly running back to M$ Like nothing happened. Like they were never about to be looked at as Potential thieves, rather than customers. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 9 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4813 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Yea don't get much in the way of tradein at places like gamestop. 

Message 4 of 9 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55471 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Just to add my 2 cents.

MS can bring back the DRM at any time with a patch so just keep that in mind when deciding which console to purchase.  Read the TOS, you will see they can and might do this to everyone once they got your money for the system.

Message 5 of 9 (98 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013
Brain dead followers I'd rather refer to em.
It's funny how all a sudden these folk think all is swell. Especially after their company bombed all over them and their event.
I hate Xbox and anything Xbox related. Their the most obnoxious of the fanboys and just as stated. Followers.
Here they come promptly following cause they think its fare game now. But none of this is was original intent. Just lack of sales for Microsoft and now MS going with the bandwagon.
There go the following.
Idiots these folk and MS. Those ppl at the presentation at e3 whom announced and hosted the event are what I imagine all these MS fans to be. Lame boring and following yuppies. Hipsters.

Edit to add yuppies... Other term
- Restless Dreams.
Message 6 of 9 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Well they lost me good and permanent, I am not going back anytime soon. I often get chewed out for thinking 2+2 = 4 instead of "2+2 = Microsoft! (do I get a gold star now M$?)
Nah, as soon as I dared question my loyalty to microsoft and xbox. they pretty much kicked me out of the clubhouse...3 stories up.
Message 7 of 9 (87 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9164 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Many have went back but i see a lot of people jumping ship from XBOX to Playstation even after Microsoft took out the DRM because they lost a lot of trust they can revert the DRM at any time they want of course those who went back to XBOX are just puppets and will fall in the trap Microsoft set for then if they decide to implement the DRM again they didn't pulled out the DRM because of listening to the fans but because barely no one was going to buy a system with so many restrictions and also Amazon.com had a poll which was going to close in June 20 but was closed in June 18 due to the PS4 winning the poll by a %95 if you are smart stick with Sony and the PS4 who value their costumers unlike Microsoft who only cares about money

KANE-FIRE

Message 8 of 9 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Damagefox wrote:

Yeah I have been hearing over the past few days that Microsoft has finally noticed thier profits hemmoraging money. Thier profits in free-fall, the intelligent ones leaving after M$ spits in thier eye and beats the living *Bleep* out of consumers with thier policies, DRM, Fees, and Restrictions.

Only NOW it seems to they finally decide to -TEMPORARILY- (Key word there Kiddies) Remove the DRM, The 24-hour Check-in, the used game policy, etc. This however if you think about it is NOT out of thier devotion to you, or that they have seen any sort of Light or reasoning. They are merely trying to save as much of thier profits as they can. Think about it like this.

If someone is gravely injured and Bleeding all over the place from a potentially fatal wound. What is the first thing you do? Whatever you can to STOP THE BLEEDING FIRST. Only after can you try and clean up the wound so it doesnt look as bad.

This is what microsoft is doing. Thier profits were bleeding out like some severed artery, so they did what they could to stop, or Minimize the bleeding (loss of money) as best they could. Later On they will try and re-impliment these DRM and Restrictions, But they will no doubt try and pretty it up so it looks like they are limiting only because they 'care about you as a consumer'

However Now that they have done this, Numerous people are flooding back to Microsoft's Side like all is forgiven. Like now that the DRM is gone (for now anyways, it will return) they can all be happy again. And they are Removing the game sharing as a Form of 'punishment' (at least how I see it) , Like its the consumers fault for wanting not to be restricted and treated like a theif. They could have had it, but now they dont get it. AND yet people who left the abuse of Microsoft go flooding back.

A youtube User by the name of "Ninzendo" summed it up perfectly. These people are....Battered Housewives.

Yep, They are abused, they run, the abuser backs off a bit and offers them sweets and whispered promises "I will never hurt you again", and these people go running back making excuses for them.

They more than likely will reinstate the restrictions, you just wont see it coming from behind those rose-tinted glasses.

WELL GUESS WHAT?! I am NOT one of these people who will act like a "Battered Housewife". Sorry but So the people running back to microslop know, so that the people here know.

Microsoft has abused me and my trust, the community has abused me (didnt hesitate to kick me out the door). So I dont care what sort of DRM Reversals they make, I still stand. They have done thier damage, and thier reversal of course is Too Little Too Late. They lost me as a customer Permanently and I will stick by it. My 360 will make is final use as TRADE IN VALUE towards the PS4. I am not a battered housewife waiting to be coaxed back with a carrot. I am a Gamer, a company abuses me or my support and I will make sure they never see another shiny dime from me. 

This fox has fangs and get to close, I wont hesitate to use them. My logic may be a little off, maybe a little unintelligable. But I think for myself.

So To those of you who left M$, Are you a gamer? or are You a "Battered Housewife" waiting to be woo'ed back to microsoft's side with thier whispered promises.

I'm not really an Xbox guy (I waas for a while) but I would be really upset just like you are. Nobody like DRM except companies. I think it's strange that games without DRM make tons of money and those that do have DRM might make a lot, but are way less popular then those that don't. Look at Minecraft for example. That game is DRM free and has millions players.

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Message 9 of 9 (58 Views)
0 Likes