Feb 15 2013
By: moblesuit75 Treasure Hunter 4421 posts

Meteorite Explodes Over Russia, Just Outside Moscow!

[ Edited ]
23 replies 169 views Edited Feb 15, 2013

HOLY CRAP!!!

Check out the impact crater!

>REMOVED< Previous footage was NOT the actual crater.  To this moment, there is no footage of ANY crater.

To borrow one of the best movie quotes ever...

That's great, that's just F'n Great man.  Now what the F are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty S now man.  That's it man, game over man, game over. What F are we gonna do now?  What are we gonna do?! 

Moble

Message 1 of 24 (169 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: Meteorite Explodes Over Russia, Just Outside Moscow!

Feb 15, 2013
Glad it happened there and not here, (N.A.) hahaha

Message 2 of 24 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 15, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
Glad it happened there and not here, (N.A.) hahaha

Lucky for them, it was in a lightly populated area, as compared to a metropolitan region.  As well, it is lucky that the actual impact point seemed to be in the woods.

I think because of the latitude of where this was, it allowed for a larger portion of the meteorite to reach a lower altitude before exploding.

They say this may have some relation to the Olympic Swimming Pool sized asteroid that is set to pass within 27,000 mile of the Earth in the next few days.  WHile this may seem like a large distance, let's not forget that Space is very immense, and in Spatial terms, it is not that far a distance.

Is no one else concerned that these large rocks have been passing so close lately?  Perhaps they have done this all along though, and only through newer technologies are we spotting them more frequently.  Perhaps this is a good thing, but I don't see an Armageddon type situation being feasible, especially since we scrapped the Space shuttlesSmiley Wink.  Good move on that one.Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 3 of 24 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3995 posts

Feb 15, 2013

That last video with the carter is not form the metor, it called the "Gates of Hell" located in Darvaza somewere. 

Message 4 of 24 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55190 posts

Feb 15, 2013

This has happened in russia more than once..........put away my tinfoil lol Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 24 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 15, 2013

MJB2348765 wrote:

That last video with the carter is not form the metor, it called the "Gates of Hell" located in Darvaza somewere. 

Yeah, I started to think about that one after I looked at it a couple more times.  It would not make sense for that to be the crater for a meteorite strike.

Not only did the meteor explode in the sky, making any parts (meteorites) that actually hit the ground smaller, it also would have a an effect of reducing the impact speed.

As well, the "crater" in the video, has no disbursement of fragments around it, and it appears to be vertical in depth.  A meteorite strike would be at an angle and have a larger debris field, much like a plane crash.

I am taking that one down, as it was mislabled and erroneously bunched with recent footage from the actual meter.

A final thought is a technicality.  The news IS calling it a "meteorite" exploding in the sky.  This of course is inaccurate.  A small mass of rock in Space is called a Meteoroid.  A Meteoroid that enters the atmosphere and burns as it falls is called a Meteor.  Any part of the remaining mass, if it should make it to the ground, is what is actually called a Meteorite.

Sorry for my inaccuracies, but as far as the News, they should do more research.Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 6 of 24 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Just caught all the videos... WOW.

That is absolutely crazy.... I would of been scared out my mind if I seen that in the sky falling towards me.

They're super lucky it blew up in the atmosphere.... If It had landed Im sure we wouldn't of had videos of it.

There would of been total devastation

Message 7 of 24 (129 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Start of Zombie apocalypse..
- Restless Dreams.
Message 8 of 24 (122 Views)
Fender Bender
3995 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Message 9 of 24 (118 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39998 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Where's Bruce Willis & the team when you need them huh!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 10 of 24 (111 Views)