Re: Merging .VOB files

Jan 6, 2007
Message 11 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Jan 6, 2007
What are you trying to do to them, convert them to a 600-900mb avi, if so, i can tell you how to legaly do that for free.

I think that you can also merge them with Virtual Dub.
Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 12 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12385 posts

Jan 6, 2007
Actually it's better. Though it only supports one vid format at the moment. Remember how the PSP wasn't so great in the beginning? How it only have core format files. The Sony started putting out firmwares left and right? Now the PSP is completely "teh-heh-sex". Same is going on with the Zune. First generation over 5th generation and the Zune is looking great as is. Lots of potential. Also, IGN gave it best portable device of 2006, over the iPod. Smiley Tongue

aznsniper911 wrote:

_overnight wrote:
Yes, you are right, it does combine VBO files. Thanks again. Oh, and if you all don't have a Zune, get one it's going to kill the iPod. Smiley Tongue

Dont' know about that, the output quality of the Zune is not as good as the iPod.

Message 13 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Jan 6, 2007

_overnight wrote:
Actually it's better. Though it only supports one vid format at the moment. Remember how the PSP wasn't so great in the beginning? How it only have core format files. The Sony started putting out firmwares left and right? Now the PSP is completely "teh-heh-sex". Same is going on with the Zune. First generation over 5th generation and the Zune is looking great as is. Lots of potential. Also, IGN gave it best portable device of 2006, over the iPod. Smiley Tongue

I'm talking about Audio....... I borrowed my friends zune, put in the exact same song on both the Ipod and the Zune. We noticed that the song sounded better on the iPod then on the Zune. The PSP is still terrible for music.
Message 14 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12385 posts

Jan 6, 2007
Thanks for your help. I know what you know though. Programs like SUPER, Cucusoft, IMTOO, etc...

I haven't tried Virtual Dub. I've heard about it. I will get back to you on that, but for down I'm going to go chill with Ceaser.

madhive wrote:
What are you trying to do to them, convert them to a 600-900mb avi, if so, i can tell you how to legaly do that for free.

Message 15 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Jan 6, 2007

lookinbarrel wrote:
when i rip dvd to put on my ipod, i use winavi to combine and convert the vob files to mp4 format

For better quality, just take the dvd, rip it in dvd decryptor in ifo mode, MODE>IFO MODE if not, it will turn out horrible, rip it, download autoGK and convert it to a avi in xvid or divx to whatever size you want, usually for a high def dvd do 1000mb, for a regular movie do 700mb.
Message 16 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12385 posts

Jan 6, 2007
I can't say that for sure. I tried the exact thing on a highly bit rated song and they both sounded great, and at same volumes. The PSP isn't great for music, but it is sure handy.

aznsniper911 wrote:

_overnight wrote:

I'm talking about Audio....... I borrowed my friends zune, put in the exact same song on both the Ipod and the Zune. We noticed that the song sounded better on the iPod then on the Zune. The PSP is still terrible for music.

Message 17 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Jan 6, 2007

_overnight wrote:
Thanks for your help. I know what you know though. Programs like SUPER, Cucusoft, IMTOO, etc...

I haven't tried Virtual Dub. I've heard about it. I will get back to you on that, but for down I'm going to go chill with Ceaser.

madhive wrote:

Litle Cesers Pizza?
Message 18 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Jan 6, 2007

_overnight wrote:
I can't say that for sure. I tried the exact thing on a highly bit rated song and they both sounded great, and at same volumes. The PSP isn't great for music, but it is sure handy.

Don't know about you but listening closely you could tell the iPod sounded better. What bit rate were you using?
Message 19 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Jan 6, 2007

aznsniper911 wrote:

_overnight wrote:

Don't know about you but listening closely you could tell the iPod sounded better. What bit rate were you using?

When i tested a iPod and a psp with the same songs, ofcoarse the sound externally would sound horrible, but it got better when i plugged in the headphones and pressed the note button, and set the setting, the iPod levels it with the psp on music with headphones.

Message 20 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes