Apr 13 2014
By: ossiecastro5 Ghost of Sparta 13569 posts

Memory Cards for Current Consoles?

3 replies 73 views Edited Apr 13, 2014

I was looking through some of my old belongings earlier today and found my old PS2 memory card. It still worked well too!

But it got me thinking. If the PS3 or PS4 needed memory cards like the PS2 and PS1, how would it affect current gaming?

Message 1 of 4 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Memory Cards for Current Consoles?

Apr 13, 2014
It wouldn't.... because it would just be a HDD, and they would be inside. Just like now

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 4 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 13, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

I was looking through some of my old belongings earlier today and found my old PS2 memory card. It still worked well too!

But it got me thinking. If the PS3 or PS4 needed memory cards like the PS2 and PS1, how would it affect current gaming?

They would look and function exactly like a cheap standard USB memory stick with only a minor change in shape or formatting to ensure that a standard cheap USB memory stick would not function with the PS3 or PS4, so that you have to buy a special proprietary one at a much higher cost?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 4 (60 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9161 posts

Apr 13, 2014

We would all probably be broke after buying multiple memory card in order to save our game progress hehe.Joking aside i think people would be spending uneccesary money on memory cards.Changing a card instead of an HDD is not the same and having the option to store more data without the need of having to go somewhere else and have the system probably 1 day or week on wait. Would make people spend money on multiple memory cards because they would be saving everything.

^ That if only memory cards were the only option today and Jump drives/USB would not exist.

KANE-FIRE

Message 4 of 4 (57 Views)
0 Likes