Highlighted
Nov 09 2012
By: rramsdell Treasure Hunter 5381 posts

Meeting Presidents

22 replies 178 views Edited Nov 9, 2012

Its almost impossible to meet Presidents. I wish, Romney became President.   I would've had a chance to meet him, maybe.  He's a big RED SOX, fan.  He would've been at Fenway Park, this summer for sure like he was this summer.  I might not have been able to meet him, but at least seen him. I saw Bill Clinton, but in his motor cade passing by.   Most Americans will go through an entire life time and not meet their President, kind of sad. I know someone who served twice and been to Iraq. Has never a U.S. President.  

Has anyone ever met top leaders? 

Message 1 of 23 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Re: Meeting Presidents

Nov 9, 2012
you sure Romney might not be a Yankees fan?

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 2 of 23 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Man. I wish people would stop with their cheap entertainment. No, he's a Red Sox fan, he's from Boston, Mass. He was at Fenway Park several times during the summer time.
Message 3 of 23 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I saw President Bush go by in a motorcade, or at least a blurry shadow of some guy in the back of the dark tinted limo who was most likely Bush.

I shook hands with and talked to a governor of Alabama, and was in the crowd as I saw another one get sworn in.

Message 4 of 23 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I was standing in front of Prez obama when he was talking to the troops at FT Bliss this year. If i had a choice i wouldnt of been there

Message 5 of 23 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I met our governor at my college graduation, he gave a speech.   Even though, I didn't vote for Obama, not sure if I would shake his hand.

Message 6 of 23 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
9343 posts

Nov 9, 2012

One time back in the 1980s in New York City, I saw Ronald Reagan's motorcade going down the street. It was cool to see a president, but the police and Secret Service block all the streets. Nobody was allowed to cross the street for 20 minutes, until the motorcade passed, and there were bomb sniffing dogs on almost every corner. Seeing a president is cool but I got stuff to do. I would rather see a president on TV.

Image20110930015718250.png

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 7 of 23 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Well, he didn't become President. So deal with it.

YB

Message 8 of 23 (117 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I do not get Star Struck.  I do not idolize anyone.  I am my own man, and no one man or woman gets my adoration, simply by being a figure head.

Given an opportunity to meet a President, any President, I would decline.  Why should I care?  On an individual basis, you are nothing but a blurry face, forgotten the moment they move on.  To them, you are insignificant; so why should they matter to you?

The President of the United States of America, is simply that.  President of the United States, not the people, as it is commonly mistaken.  This is why your local and State Governments are important.  The President presides over the Federal Government / Military and oversees the collective States.  Yes, by default, he/she governs the people, but not directly.  If you are a member of the military, he/she does have direct control over you though, its in the oath, I know you know, just saying.

People get stars in their eyes when they see these Presidents.  It is ridiculous to see.  The Government is comprised of the electorate's employees.  The President is the electorate's employee, not the boss.  The President is the Government's boss, not the people's.  Remember, the President can be removed from office, if the Congress, under direction from the electorate decides it must be done.  For the People, by the People... This is important to remember.  The President cannot walk up to someone and order them to do anything.  Remember this, remember all your rights, and remember the President is not that special.  The President is just the CEO of the United States Government.

Moble

Message 9 of 23 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Nov 9, 2012
I've seen Bill Clinton a few times in a McDonald's in downtown Little Rock, AR. Really wasn't that cool..
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 10 of 23 (95 Views)