Highlighted
Jan 08 2007
By: Candyman0024 Treasure Hunter 7955 posts

Mcafee and AVG problem

2 replies 47 views Edited Jan 8, 2007
ok well the AVG problem doesnt bother me it just says i use a illegal version of AVG everytime i update and i got it off the website but whatever
and Mcafee wont uninstall
when i hit uninstall it will say a script error continue? and i hit yes and when its done nothin happens....
if there a program i can use to delete mcafee for good?(it sucks IMO u should get AVG and ZoneAlarm)
Message 1 of 3 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7955 posts

Re: Mcafee and AVG problem

Jan 8, 2007

OAS wrote:

Whit3boy wrote:
ok well the AVG problem doesnt bother me it just says i use a illegal version of AVG everytime i update and i got it off the website but whatever
when i hit uninstall it will say a script error continue? and i hit yes and when its done nothin happens....
if there a program i can use to delete mcafee for good?(it sucks IMO u should get AVG and ZoneAlarm)

There's no reason to have an illegal copy of AVG.  They offer a legal free version on their website and it's very good.

that is where i got it from but it says everytime i update it says i have an illegal version but i can still update....
Message 2 of 3 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4469 posts

Re: Mcafee and AVG problem

Jan 8, 2007

Whit3boy wrote:

There's no reason to have an illegal copy of AVG.  They offer a legal free version on their website and it's very good.

Oh wait, you have a legal version of AVG and it's saying that you're using an "illegal" version?  That's weird.  It might be conflicting with another program (possibly Mcafee?). 

Message Edited by OAS on 01-08-2007 06:12 PM
Message 3 of 3 (47 Views)
0 Likes