Jan 08 2013
By: MJB2348765 Fender Bender 3995 posts

Massive Flu Outbreak

[ Edited ]
19 replies 186 views Edited Jan 8, 2013

Recently I had heard on the new that this flu season is going to be the worst in a decade with 41 states(most likely to rise) reporting a massive flu outbreak and I think some reporting even deaths and Extreme flu cases like the swine flu. They say get a flu shoot to help protect you from it but I don't trust the flu shots one bit. They said something about every sneeze or cough you had might be cause from the flu IDK I have to do more research on it. But I don't want to get a flu shot, I am finding different ways to help protect myself form getting the flu. As a matter a fact I think I only gotten sick one time last year, and I hardly get sick in the Winter time only in the spring or summer time months. Anyway what are you doing to help protect you form this massive flu bug this season, are you getting a flu shot?

Message 1 of 20 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: Massive Flu Outbreak

Jan 8, 2013

Just another scare on behalf of the media for those whom always listen to what their television and their so called experts tell them.

Which in turn will lead to a scare on behalf of some americans whom will probably take any course of action as long as america tells em how and what to do.  Leading to a boost in our economy in one way or so. 

Doomsday didnt work but america had nothing to do with tHat. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 2 of 20 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Wash your hands correctly. Washing your hands goes along way. I didn't get sick at all last year. Don't touch public restroom door handles. Public restrooms are nasty and avoid all costs if you can. Washing your hands is the trick.

Message 3 of 20 (165 Views)
Fender Bender
3995 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

chicagotops wrote:

Just another scare on behalf of the media for those whom always listen to what their television and their so called experts tell them.

Which in turn will lead to a scare on behalf of some americans whom will probably take any course of action as long as america tells em how and what to do.  Leading to a boost in our economy in one way or so. 

Doomsday didnt work but america had nothing to do with tHat. 

I also fell like it's another load of **bleep** from the media again. Some even say the shooting at Sandy Hook was another way for the Media to make big head line news about it. Like they think they know everything and made seem like it was a national tragedy while hundreds of people die from gun violence everyday in America. I mean God Bless those kids but they act like they there acting like this never happend before and stuff like that, how long have they been takling about Gun control here in the U.S. I mean after all the shootings we had the past decade that should of been a wake up call then. Anyway back on topic.  

Message 4 of 20 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55032 posts

Jan 8, 2013

MJB2348765 wrote:

Recently I had heard on the new that this flu season is going to be the worst in a decade with 41 states(most likely to rise) reporting a massive flu outbreak and I think some reporting even deaths and Extreme flu cases like the swine flu. They say get a flu shoot to help protect you from it but I don't trust the flu shots one bit. They said something about every sneeze or cough you had might be cause from the flu IDK I have to do more research on it. But I don't want to get a flu shot, I am finding different ways to help protect myself form getting the flu. As a matter a fact I think I only gotten sick one time last year, and I hardly get sick in the Winter time only in the spring or summer time months. Anyway what are you doing to help protect you form this massive flu bug this season, are you getting a flu shot?

Never had a flu shot, never plan on having one.

Message 5 of 20 (140 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39433 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Had my flu shot weeeks ago, been having it for years now.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 6 of 20 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Another tip:  Brush your tongue each day.  Helps a lot.  I do it each day.  

Message 7 of 20 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Message 8 of 20 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2709 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

really never had one?? i got them all the time when i was little. i had paranoid parents. they thought getting those shots would keep the flu away. ha, yea right. one of those times, i caught a really bad flu a few weeks after i had gotten shot. because of that, i never got them anymore.

Message 9 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55032 posts

Jan 8, 2013

a_leenail1992 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

really never had one?? i got them all the time when i was little. i had paranoid parents. they thought getting those shots would keep the flu away. ha, yea right. one of those times, i caught a really bad flu a few weeks after i had gotten shot. because of that, i never got them anymore.

I know people who get them and don't get sick, i know others who get them and get the flu.  I don't get them and I usually odn't get the flu but will catch a head cold or 2 each year.  I end up in and out of random people's cars all day long and at some point I'll rub my eye or something and BAM here comes the cold virus lol.

Message 10 of 20 (102 Views)
0 Likes