Keyblade Wielder
9485 posts

Re: Many of you Have been asking what happened to Lithium

Jan 1, 2011

curiousecat wrote:

Well when one says that half of what I said is a lie, I make videos to prove them wrong.

and he never pointed out to what I was saying was untrue.

Now one needs to be elaborate as right Now I am rendering this video. it will be done rendering in 30 minutes.

and I read the post, he wasn't specific on the "untruths"

2) There were many other things that you mentioned which were not even close to the truth.

No examples given need examples:

and the mention going through the forums on the PS3 is cumbersome?

Any one can say that about any machine be it PC or PS3.

Need clarification on this subject.

But then I used the PS3 on the Forums when they first came out and as all the Origional

Photo Sharing and File Hosting at Badongo.com A video game can't compare to the real thing

Please go back and read my posts carefully.

Thanks.

PlayStation.com MVPs: Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate.
Message 71 of 78 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Jan 1, 2011

2) There were many other things that you mentioned which were not even close to the truth.

You need to be more specific, point out the statements to untruth

If you can not do this, then yeild

I never understood why people wanted forum access on their PS3. this is based up on an opinion, not a fact. It quite cumbersome.<<again maybe for you but not for me>

generally when you have a PS3, you have a computer. <your using a general statement to try to show a truth, How ever it s like saying that every that has a car, generally there car runs, but there are those that in fact have cars that do not run.

To base a truth you must be able to eliminate a reasonable doubt.

I am preparing to show a video that takes away reasonable doubt.

think of of it this way..

Either Yes, I am being untruthfull

or

No I am stating a fact.

Give reason for both and not a reason based up on a "Grey" area.

SCEA’s decision to implement Update 3.21 placed Plaintiffs and Class members in a “Hobson’s Choice.” PS3 owners who chose not to install Update 3.21 could no longer access
many of the other important PS3 features including the PSN, the ability to play games online, the ability to access online features, or the ability to play newer PS3 games and/or Blu-ray discs that required Update 3.21. On the other hand, PS3 owners who did install Update 3.21 lost all access to the computer functionality of the PS3’s “Other OS” feature.
Message 72 of 78 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
369 posts

Jan 1, 2011

I haven't posted here for a while.....but seriously, what the hell? I mean, the new forums are wierd, its going to take a while to get used to this stuff.

Message 73 of 78 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Jan 1, 2011

Now that, lol, is a statement that we all can agree on lol.

and that is indeed a statement of fact for many people that are new to this style.

Some of us are adapt to things easier then others .

SCEA’s decision to implement Update 3.21 placed Plaintiffs and Class members in a “Hobson’s Choice.” PS3 owners who chose not to install Update 3.21 could no longer access
many of the other important PS3 features including the PSN, the ability to play games online, the ability to access online features, or the ability to play newer PS3 games and/or Blu-ray discs that required Update 3.21. On the other hand, PS3 owners who did install Update 3.21 lost all access to the computer functionality of the PS3’s “Other OS” feature.
Message 74 of 78 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

Jan 1, 2011

... Finally. Been trying to post for hours, no thanks to the s.tupid posting error... "An error occurred while..."

Before getting into the quotes and my replies I'd like to note that I've removed all of the obnoxiously huge font changes from the quotes. I'd like to request that every (as in I don't care what side you're on) please refrain from using huge font. All it does is make your posts difficult to read and make the already obnoxious argument even more obnoxious.

curiousecat wrote:

community.JPG'

I Don't see Forum here I see the word Community Though...

I believe it is a combination of Both Community and Forums (44%)

This is a community site. (23%)

This is a Forum (18%)

I don't know the difference between a Forum and Community Based sites (15%)

I also see the word "Discussions"

See, this is exactly what a lot of people are talking about. The forums are no longer forum, the very thing that a lot of people have come here to do is no longer the focus. This is why most of the membership is complaining, they don't want social networking they want a forum. I do believe you have now answered your own question of why people have been demanding to have Lithium back. The membership's demand isn't about what's possible or what falls under legally binding contracts. The general membership simply doesn't care about any of that. They see what they like and what they dislike, then demand changes to farther the list of what they like. Simple as that.

curiousecat wrote:

HawaiiD wrote:

Well... Then can we have Sony make Jive create a Board similar to the one Lithium had?

Simple really...

Not Really, and Not so Simple.

They wanted some thing fresh and something new.

And something possibly compatible with the PS3 This is Java based, something the console can under stand a lot lot better.

The PS3 can now view this way easier.

which makes me to wonder ..Why..?

Actually it is possible and it is simple. I used the HTML widgetto generate a full listing of all of the boards with a few hours (load times included). That's about a third of the work right there. Whether or not Sony will do that and what they really want to do, that's a totally different matter. But the work to get it done is not that difficult if Sony were to actually choose to do so.

As for the PS3... Ya... If I recall the EU boards are fully compatible with the PS3 (view, loggin, post), and they're still built and run on the Lithium software. So did Sony have to switch to Jive to get the PS3 to work on the forums? No.

Message 75 of 78 (84 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9485 posts

Jan 1, 2011

curiousecat wrote:

You need to be more specific, point out the statements to untruth

If you can not do this, then yeild

I never understood why people wanted forum access on their PS3. this is based up on an opinion, not a fact. It quite cumbersome.<<again maybe for you but not for me>

generally when you have a PS3, you have a computer. <your using a general statement to try to show a truth, How ever it s like saying that every that has a car, generally there car runs, but there are those that in fact have cars that do not run.

To base a truth you must be able to eliminate a reasonable doubt.

I am preparing to show a video that takes away reasonable doubt.

think of of it this way..

Either Yes, I am being untruthfull

or

No I am stating a fact.

Give reason for both and not a reason based up on a "Grey" area.

Photo Sharing and File Hosting at Badongo.com A video game can't compare to the real thing

ALRIGHT. Here we go. Since you did not heed my advice of going back  to read what I said, I will break it down into bite-sized components.

Here is what you said:

"Not Really, and Not so Simple.

They wanted some thing fresh and something new.

You  do not know their reasoning behind the switch. Please do not portray this as a statement of fact. Doesn't this seem hypocritical of you? You are making a statement of fact yet calling me out for making a general statement that is clearly not intended to be factual.

And something possibly compatible with the PS3

Sony  doesn't make decisions based on what will "possibly" be compatible with  something. If a company is going to make an investment, they want to  know that it's going to do what they want it to do. I would be willing  to wager a hefty bet that this was not on Sony's agenda when they made  this switch.

This is Java based, something the console can under stand a lot lot better.

Both parts of this statement are grossly inaccurate and I would prefer not to delve into why.

The PS3 can now view this way easier.

It doesn't work like that. You are oversimplifying things."

To which I said: "Sorry, but that post is almost entirely inaccurate."

I pointed out above in bold why your post was inaccurate.

"Generally" does not indicate a statement of fact, but  rather a fairly consistent observation that is true in most instances. A statement of fact would have been "Everybody who has a PS3 has a computer." By definition, the word "generally" means "usually".

None of this had anything to do with whether or not the PS3 could browse the  forums. I never argued that. How you managed to twist and bend my words to achieve that thought is so far over my head that I cannot even begin to comprehend how it happened.

Moving on...

You said: "I have visited this on the PS3 the only thing that doesn't work is 1 Logging and 2 the fancy little sliding icons."

And I said: "That's exactly my point. What good is a forum if you can't log in? Sure, you can read, but what about participate?"

Take that which ever way you'd like, because I don't feel that it should have to be explained nor should it have to be defended.

This would have been a lot easier if you had actually gone back and read  what I had said and read which posts I was directing them at.

If you still do not understand what it is that I am trying to get across, please send me a private message so we can continue this. I'd rather not clutter up a thread with an explanation of my seemingly bare-bones and straight to the point post.

PlayStation.com MVPs: Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate.
Message 76 of 78 (84 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Jan 1, 2011

Great post, I just want to add two things. We were already a community. We didn't need Sony's blessing, or a new URL to acknowledge what we already were. With the move to Jive however, this community is now dying. What irony.

Second, SCEA blocked the PS3 web browser from accessing the forums. Just like SCEA is still blocking the PS3 from logging into the forums. The EU forums however, Lithium based, work just fine on the PS3. SCEA also blocked many of the features in the Lithium forums which they claim they would gain by switching to Jive, yet those features work just fine on the EU boards.

Message 77 of 78 (84 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Message 78 of 78 (83 Views)
0 Likes