Welcoming Committee
37683 posts

Re: Many of you Have been asking what happened to Lithium

Dec 26, 2010

curiousecat wrote:

The answer is simple and straight forward.

They For what ever reason,

Lithium No Longer Has  A Contract with Sony to continue there services with Sony.

I hope that you can see the logic in Contracts..SCEA Now Has A Contract with JIVE.

So Trying to tell SCEA to bring back the old Lithium Forums is like asking a horse to to move forward when there is a Wall dead front...IT CAN'T Move Because there is a wall there.

AKA It is a Dead End

"Is your PS3 Growing Tin Wiskers?"
Wiskers are very hard to find. Only about 20% of them are visible to the naked eye and only in light reflecting off them at a certain angle. The remainder require a microscope and to see them in great detail you need a scanning electron microscope with an X-ray fluorescence detector. Not something you average Computer or PS3 user or repair shop has.

mohawktown has already said there is no going back.  The new forum provider is Jive, and no longer Lithium.

Message 11 of 78 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
278 posts

Dec 26, 2010

I see. And then eventually JIVE and Sony's contract will end. And then a new company will come in. A infinite loop perhaps?

Message 12 of 78 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37683 posts

Dec 26, 2010

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Couldn't they just renew the contract?

It doesn't work like that.

Let's say (for the sake of argument) that they paid  Jive for a 2 year contract.  That money has now been spent and cannot be  recovered.  It's nearly impossible (and almost always career suicide)  to justify spending more money to renew the old contract with Lithium.   This is how corporate contract negotiations work.

Then  after the 2 years is up, let's say Sony changes its mind and wants  Lithium back.  Again, purely for the sake of argument.  They would have  to pay Lithium the normal money plus a database conversion fee.  Then  Lithium would have to go to the trouble of hiring more mods all over  again.  Things change in 2 years.  People move on, people die, and  *gasp* some might even switch over to the dreaded "other console".  So  it wouldn't be an easy transition like you might think.

For the foreseeable future, this forum will be powered by Jive software.  There is no going back.

Message 13 of 78 (144 Views)
VP of Gaming
31250 posts

Dec 26, 2010

Thanks for the info.... I guess.

Message 14 of 78 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Dec 26, 2010

happyenjoy wrote:

I see. And then eventually JIVE and Sony's contract will end. And then a new company will come in. A infinite loop perhaps?

BINGO! Congratulations some one has seen the light!

and as Paul Harvey Said , 

"Now you know the rest of the story!"

SCEA’s decision to implement Update 3.21 placed Plaintiffs and Class members in a “Hobson’s Choice.” PS3 owners who chose not to install Update 3.21 could no longer access
many of the other important PS3 features including the PSN, the ability to play games online, the ability to access online features, or the ability to play newer PS3 games and/or Blu-ray discs that required Update 3.21. On the other hand, PS3 owners who did install Update 3.21 lost all access to the computer functionality of the PS3’s “Other OS” feature.
Message 15 of 78 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Dec 26, 2010

DrGadget wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Couldn't they just renew the contract?

It doesn't work like that.

Let's say (for the sake of argument) that they paid  Jive for a 2 year contract.  That money has now been spent and cannot be  recovered.  It's nearly impossible (and almost always career suicide)  to justify spending more money to renew the old contract with Lithium.   This is how corporate contract negotiations work.

Then  after the 2 years is up, let's say Sony changes its mind and wants  Lithium back.  Again, purely for the sake of argument.  They would have  to pay Lithium the normal money plus a database conversion fee.  Then  Lithium would have to go to the trouble of hiring more mods all over  again.  Things change in 2 years.  People move on, people die, and  *gasp* some might even switch over to the dreaded "other console".  So  it wouldn't be an easy transition like you might think.

For the foreseeable future, this forum will be powered by Jive software.  There is no going back.

Yeppers, corporate contracts, you break one of those and you may as well as call it quits.. it would be a lawsuit that would shut down or nearly shut down the gaming part of Sony.

And trust me people, We have no clue just how many contracts they have..

The Have Contracts ranging from Software, Hard ware in the and electronics.

This console has parts in it not just from Sony, but from electronic manufactures that produce the integrated chips, the metals and plastics companies..the list goes on and on..None the Less...Contracts are contracts and they may screw us with them , but if they were to screw another company...There would be mercy .

SCEA’s decision to implement Update 3.21 placed Plaintiffs and Class members in a “Hobson’s Choice.” PS3 owners who chose not to install Update 3.21 could no longer access
many of the other important PS3 features including the PSN, the ability to play games online, the ability to access online features, or the ability to play newer PS3 games and/or Blu-ray discs that required Update 3.21. On the other hand, PS3 owners who did install Update 3.21 lost all access to the computer functionality of the PS3’s “Other OS” feature.
Message 16 of 78 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Dec 26, 2010

Thanks for deleting my post, MODS.

Message 17 of 78 (144 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8491 posts

Dec 26, 2010

I see the logic in what you are saying and I dismiss it, for I must. You see as long as there is the faintest glimmer of hope in the heart of even the most downtrodden of childern for a better tommarow we must not be swayed, we must not be budged for it is that which we fight. No no for ourselves. Our time is short and meaningless in the grand scheme but to lose this ground is to turn our backs on all the generations to follow. I for one will not be counted among those who fell without a struggle befire the cruel and unceasing wheels of fate. FOR THE CHILDREN OF OUR CHILDRENS CHILDREN!!!!!! CHARGE!!!!!

And oh yeah the lithium people were made up of us.

There won't be any custom avatars Smiley Sad
Message 18 of 78 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Dec 26, 2010

i think every one is just *****ing and whining because it is a new thing and nothing really to worry about it it think every one will adapt to it and thank you for explaining it to everyone

Message 19 of 78 (144 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Dec 26, 2010

ironman12364 wrote:

i think every one is just *****ing and whining because it is a new thing and nothing really to worry about it it think every one will adapt to it and thank you for explaining it to everyone

gamemafia.enjin.com{(Multi-Game clan)please check it out and join or PM me}
Photobucket

I am borg ,I have adapted, resistance is futile,you are right.

Message 20 of 78 (144 Views)
0 Likes