Highlighted
Jan 19 2013
By: MUDMASTEI2_23 Treasure Hunter 7989 posts

Manga > Anime

[ Edited ]
49 replies 382 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

Nope. One Piece is the best. It's the best statistically, as well as in my opinion. Therefore, it's undeniably #1, sorry.

Also, lolnaruto. I want to see how it ends, only reason I still read it.

Edit: Updated title to reflect discussion.

Click to hear my music please. Thank you. photo Buckethead-Discography_zps31049904.png
Message 1 of 50 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
861 posts

Manga > Anime

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

The best statistically according to whom? If you wanna go by rankings on the biggest anime/manga site on the web, MyAnimeList, then it isn't even close. It's long, yeah, but length =/= quality.

"Not many people believe in divine retribution. That's because this world's a lazy fellow. However, once in a blue moon, he does a good job." -Kirishima Yukihime

"UUUNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" - Kashiwazaki Sena
Message 2 of 50 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7989 posts

Manga > Anime

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

InTheBushes321 wrote:

The best statistically according to whom? If you wanna go by rankings on the biggest anime/manga site on the web, MyAnimeList, then it isn't even close. It's long, yeah, but length =/= quality.

Well seeing as the manga's the best selling manga in the history of . . . forever, the anime (which follows the story exactly as in the manga) is also the best.

I guess it isn't statistically the best anime ever, but since a lot of anime is based off of manga, I just grouped the two together.

Click to hear my music please. Thank you. photo Buckethead-Discography_zps31049904.png
Message 4 of 50 (352 Views)
Wastelander
861 posts

Manga > Anime

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

MUDMASTEI2_23 wrote:

InTheBushes321 wrote:

Well seeing as the manga's the best selling manga in the history of . . . forever, the anime (which follows the story exactly as in the manga) is also the best.

I guess it isn't statistically the best anime ever, but since a lot of anime is based off of manga, I just grouped the two together.

I wouldn't know about the manga; I don't read much anymore. Mostly le animu.

Although tbh, so many animes deviate 120% from the manga, so that really doesn't have much merit. One Piece could follow it, but I don't read it, so I wouldn't know.

And no, it's not, sale-wise, popularity wise, or score wise(on MAL and ANN, which I count as reliable, since they get so much web traffic).

"Not many people believe in divine retribution. That's because this world's a lazy fellow. However, once in a blue moon, he does a good job." -Kirishima Yukihime

Message 5 of 50 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7989 posts

Manga > Anime

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

InTheBushes321 wrote:

MUDMASTEI2_23 wrote:

InTheBushes321 wrote:

Although tbh, so many animes deviate 120% from the manga, so that really doesn't have much merit. One Piece could follow it, but I don't read it, so I wouldn't know.

And no, it's not, sale-wise, popularity wise, or score wise(on MAL and ANN, which I count as reliable, since they get so much web traffic).

Manga > Anime

I don't really see how it doesn't have much merit. Other animes not following the story is meaningless. I just told you One Piece does, so why are you talking about other animes when we're talking about One Piece? Episode pacing, voice acting, and animation aren't a higher priority than a good story, and the story is the top seller.

I already agreed I was wrong about the anime being #1 statistically, I should've clarified I meant the manga.

Or are you saying the manga isn't the best sale/popular/score wise? If so I suggest you do some research. Not only has it passed up DBZ in total sales, but it completely dominates its competition yearly.

Message 6 of 50 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
861 posts

Manga > Anime

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

MUDMASTEI2_23 wrote:

InTheBushes321 wrote:

MUDMASTEI2_23 wrote:

InTheBushes321 wrote:

Manga > Anime

I don't really see how it doesn't have much merit. Other animes not following the story is meaningless. I just told you One Piece does, so why are you talking about other animes when we're talking about One Piece? Episode pacing, voice acting, and animation aren't a higher priority than a good story, and the story is the top seller.

I already agreed I was wrong about the anime being #1 statistically, I should've clarified I meant the manga.

Or are you saying the manga isn't the best sale/popular/score wise? If so I suggest you do some research. Not only has it passed up DBZ in total sales, but it completely dominates its competition yearly.

Anime > Manga. There are so many good animes that aren't mangas. Granted, the reverse is most definitely true as well, I've read mangas that were many times better than the anime, or good mangas that aren't animes. But you get it.

Ofc they're not, but story isn't everything. I honestly don't factor voice acting, OST, or animation quality in at all. Good characters mean ust as much, e.g., Kanon had a good story but its characters felt very bland to me. Well, actually good story is a stretch with Kanon. We'll go with above average. Moving on.

I know it is Manga wise, I thought you were still talking about the anime.

Message 7 of 50 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7989 posts

Manga > Anime

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

InTheBushes321 wrote:

MUDMASTEI2_23 wrote:

InTheBushes321 wrote:

MUDMASTEI2_23 wrote:

InTheBushes321 wrote:

Manga > Anime

Anime > Manga. There are so many good animes that aren't mangas. Granted, the reverse is most definitely true as well, I've read mangas that were many times better than the anime, or good mangas that aren't animes. But you get it.

Ofc they're not, but story isn't everything. I honestly don't factor voice acting, OST, or animation quality in at all. Good characters mean ust as much, e.g., Kanon had a good story but its characters felt very bland to me. Well, actually good story is a stretch with Kanon. We'll go with above average. Moving on.

I do and I don't agree. i love mangas. I can run through manga chapters and get a better experience than 1 20min episode of anime.

That's not a problem in One Piece. Hell the characters may be the best part. I'm a Sanji fanboy.

Message 8 of 50 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
861 posts

Manga > Anime

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

MUDMASTEI2_23 wrote:

InTheBushes321 wrote:

MUDMASTEI2_23 wrote:

InTheBushes321 wrote:

MUDMASTEI2_23 wrote:

InTheBushes321 wrote:

Manga > Anime

I do and I don't agree. i love mangas. I can run through manga chapters and get a better experience than 1 20min episode of anime.

That's not a problem in One Piece. Hell the characters may be the best part. I'm a Sanji fanboy.

What do you mean you do and you don't agree? :l

Oh, and just out of curiosity, how much stuff do watch/read on the internet, and how much do you actively search for new stuff? Before I found MAL/ANN on the interwebz, I only read Yugioh and One Piece in Shonen Jump, then I realized there was better stuff to read/watch out there.

Message 9 of 50 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
861 posts

Manga > Anime

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Stand_Alone97 wrote:

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
The newer gundams (unicorn and ages) kinda suck Smiley Frustrated I mean they look amazing but the stories are horrible. Gundam 00 was decent but my favorite is either G Gundam or Gundam Seed Destiny.

Wait a minute. 00 was decent? Seed and Seed Destiny are probably the worst Gundam's in the entire series. With Kira being the biggest Fgt ever.

Wing > 00 > 8Th MS team> The rest.

@Bushes; Don't bother arguing with Mud. Seriously it's a waste of time, also your troll game is weak.

It's not my fault his statistics are wrong.

And I automatically get +3 troll points, because I know Hunnimonster.

Message 3 of 50 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7989 posts

Re: Manga > Anime

Jan 21, 2013

InTheBushes321 wrote:
What do you mean you do and you don't agree? :l

Oh, and just out of curiosity, how much stuff do watch/read on the internet, and how much do you actively search for new stuff? Before I found MAL/ANN on the interwebz, I only read Yugioh and One Piece in Shonen Jump, then I realized there was better stuff to read/watch out there.

You said I get it and I said I do, however . . . I don't agree. I don't know how to make that sound any more clear.

I stopped looking for new stuff like a year ago, once the ones I've stuck with end I'm probably done for good. I've read/watched most named ones (One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, HxH, Toriko, Beserk, etc, etc.) and that's about it. If it's somewhat popular, odds are I've given it a whirl. I don't **bleep** with the unknown mangas.

Message 10 of 50 (238 Views)
0 Likes