May 1, 2013

and the thought that this was his life savings makes it more tragic

Message 12 of 39 (101 Views)
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Re: Man loses life savings over carnival game

May 1, 2013

his life savings was 2600 bucks...livin the life on easy street there..LMAO

the guy is a clear idiot and he wouldn't get jack in a lawsuit..

i knew several carnival workers that temporarily lived around here around 15 years ago and they used to show me all kinds of things on how many of these types of games are rigged...you can actually win but the chances are very slim to something like 1 in a 10000 tries for any big pries..

i remember i was amazed at some of the tricks they used,all the way to remote devices installed..LOL

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 13 of 39 (99 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

May 1, 2013
This is why I don't try carnival games: You don't know if anything is rigged or not. Smiley Very Happy At least he had a giant banana. Smiley Tongue

I just skip to the Rollercoasters, please. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 39 (96 Views)
Big Daddy
18913 posts

May 1, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:
This is why I don't try carnival games: You don't know if anything is rigged or not. Smiley Very Happy At least he had a giant banana. Smiley Tongue

And some roller coasters can be a total waste of time too if you have your own standards for roller coaster riding. With our local six flags, there are only 2 roller coasters that I will not ride. One spins, and the other rides like a big little kids ride with a couple bunny hills and 2-3  helixes that doesn't exceed 40 ft. with its lift hills. Those kinds that I think are a waste of time to ride are: kiddie coasters that I am too tall for, others that aren't taller than the trees around it, and those that look like they should belong to a mobile carnival company. Spinning cars is not really my thing(even though I don't get sick from them). I am more of the person that likes to see the track in front of me so I actually know what to expect.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 15 of 39 (93 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7247 posts

May 1, 2013

The first thing I thought of

energy
Message 16 of 39 (89 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

May 1, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

And some roller coasters can be a total waste of time too if you have your own standards for roller coaster riding. With our local six flags, there are only 2 roller coasters that I will not ride. One spins, and the other rides like a big little kids ride with a couple bunny hills and 2-3  helixes that doesn't exceed 40 ft. with its lift hills. Those kinds that I think are a waste of time to ride are: kiddie coasters that I am too tall for, others that aren't taller than the trees around it, and those that look like they should belong to a mobile carnival company. Spinning cars is not really my thing(even though I don't get sick from them). I am more of the person that likes to see the track in front of me so I actually know what to expect.

the six flags i was located close to was taken down

carnivals are my only way to ride rollercoastersSmiley Sad

they suck......

Message 17 of 39 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18913 posts

May 1, 2013

shadowstalker100 wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

the six flags i was located close to was taken down

carnivals are my only way to ride rollercoastersSmiley Sad

they suck......

Ours is preparing to open another one (Boomerang) a month from today.

And 2 or 3 weeks from now, I will be up at Cedar Point again depending on weather concerns, mainly to welcome in their newest roller coaster(Gatekeeper) that will be open for the first time a week and a half from now when the parkopens for the season. I am so going to enjoy my 10 hour road trip.Smiley Happy

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 18 of 39 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

May 1, 2013

shadowstalker100 wrote:

A New Hampshire man who thought he had a decent ball toss says he lost his life savings—or about $2,600—playing a carnival game he claims was rigged.

Henry Gribbohm told WBZ-TV that he was attempting to win an Xbox Kinect at the Manchester carnival when things went awry.

The 30-year-old from Epsom, N.H., was playing a game called Tubs of Fun in which contestants toss balls into a tub, but the balls kept popping out.

Gribbohm lost $300, WBZ-TV reports, "went home to get $2,300 more and soon lost all of that as well."

Manchester police are investigating the incident, and New Hampshire-based Fiesta Shows, which produces the traveling carnival, is pulling Tubs of Fun for the time being.

Gribbohm, who managed to win a stuffed banana with dreadlocks before dropping $2,600, says he's considering a lawsuit.

“For once in my life I happened to become that sucker,” Gribbohm said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32z4ILDjijU

I think this guy could have bought his own xbox or 5 for that matter

what do you think?

What a sad and

story..I wonder if he goin to get his money back if he get a lawsuite?

Message 19 of 39 (64 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9623 posts

May 1, 2013
This story doesn`t make any sense, first he lost $300 trying to win a kinect, which is more money then actually buying it, so then he decided to go home and get an additional $2300. This really doesn`t make any sense, he already spent over double the value of the kinect, so why not just buy the device instead of going to get even more money.
Message 20 of 39 (58 Views)