Reply
Apr 30 2013
By: shadowstalker100 Uncharted Territory 1605 posts
Offline

Man loses life savings over carnival game

[ Edited ]
38 replies 1112 views Edited Apr 30, 2013

A New Hampshire man who thought he had a decent ball toss says he lost his life savings—or about $2,600—playing a carnival game he claims was rigged.

Henry Gribbohm told WBZ-TV that he was attempting to win an Xbox Kinect at the Manchester carnival when things went awry.

The 30-year-old from Epsom, N.H., was playing a game called Tubs of Fun in which contestants toss balls into a tub, but the balls kept popping out.

Gribbohm lost $300, WBZ-TV reports, "went home to get $2,300 more and soon lost all of that as well."

Manchester police are investigating the incident, and New Hampshire-based Fiesta Shows, which produces the traveling carnival, is pulling Tubs of Fun for the time being.

Gribbohm, who managed to win a stuffed banana with dreadlocks before dropping $2,600, says he's considering a lawsuit.

“For once in my life I happened to become that sucker,” Gribbohm said.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32z4ILDjijU

 

I think this guy could have bought his own xbox or 5 for that matter

what do you think?



Message 1 of 39 (1,112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2009
Offline
2547 posts
 

Re: Man loses life savings over carnival game

Apr 30, 2013
I'm smelling something fishy here...
 photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 2 of 39 (1,109 Views)
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
55067 posts
 

Re: Man loses life savings over carnival game

Apr 30, 2013

shadowstalker100 wrote:

A New Hampshire man who thought he had a decent ball toss says he lost his life savings—or about $2,600—playing a carnival game he claims was rigged.

Henry Gribbohm told WBZ-TV that he was attempting to win an Xbox Kinect at the Manchester carnival when things went awry.

The 30-year-old from Epsom, N.H., was playing a game called Tubs of Fun in which contestants toss balls into a tub, but the balls kept popping out.

Gribbohm lost $300, WBZ-TV reports, "went home to get $2,300 more and soon lost all of that as well."

Manchester police are investigating the incident, and New Hampshire-based Fiesta Shows, which produces the traveling carnival, is pulling Tubs of Fun for the time being.

Gribbohm, who managed to win a stuffed banana with dreadlocks before dropping $2,600, says he's considering a lawsuit.

“For once in my life I happened to become that sucker,” Gribbohm said.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32z4ILDjijU

 

I think this guy could have bought his own xbox or 5 for that matter

what do you think?


Sounds like one of two things

1) that guy is really not intelligent.  Even if it is rigged why would he drop hundreds of dollars to win an xbox when he could have just bought one for a lot less?  

2) that guy is scamming the carnival and looking for an easy buck on a lawsuit. 

 

Message 3 of 39 (1,101 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/06/2012
Offline
1392 posts
 

Re: Man loses life savings over carnival game

Apr 30, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

shadowstalker100 wrote:

A New Hampshire man who thought he had a decent ball toss says he lost his life savings—or about $2,600—playing a carnival game he claims was rigged.

Henry Gribbohm told WBZ-TV that he was attempting to win an Xbox Kinect at the Manchester carnival when things went awry.

The 30-year-old from Epsom, N.H., was playing a game called Tubs of Fun in which contestants toss balls into a tub, but the balls kept popping out.

Gribbohm lost $300, WBZ-TV reports, "went home to get $2,300 more and soon lost all of that as well."

Manchester police are investigating the incident, and New Hampshire-based Fiesta Shows, which produces the traveling carnival, is pulling Tubs of Fun for the time being.

Gribbohm, who managed to win a stuffed banana with dreadlocks before dropping $2,600, says he's considering a lawsuit.

“For once in my life I happened to become that sucker,” Gribbohm said.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32z4ILDjijU

 

I think this guy could have bought his own xbox or 5 for that matter

what do you think?


Sounds like one of two things

1) that guy is really not intelligent.  Even if it is rigged why would he drop hundreds of dollars to win an xbox when he could have just bought one for a lot less?  

2) that guy is scamming the carnival and looking for an easy buck on a lawsuit. 

 


i agree this is crazy 

Message 4 of 39 (1,097 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/21/2000
Offline
10011 posts
 

Re: Man loses life savings over carnival game

Apr 30, 2013
This is hilarious after the first 300 he should have known that was enough lol
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 5 of 39 (1,090 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
1605 posts
 

Re: Man loses life savings over carnival game

Apr 30, 2013

it just goes to show the level of intelligence some people have

he wanted to keep playing and lost it all



Message 6 of 39 (1,067 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/22/2008
Offline
9691 posts
 

Re: Man loses life savings over carnival game

Apr 30, 2013
I don't know how to feel about this.

1. The guy has a serious gambling problem. Spending $2600, or his entire life savings, on a carnival game is ridiculous. He needs genuine help.

2. At some point, he should have just purchased the **bleep** Kinect on its own.

3. Suing the carnival will be difficult. It has to be proven the game is literally impossible to win. If it really is impossible, then the lawsuit is justified. If not, he's just a poor sport.

4. I'm pretty sure I have the same banana with dreadlocks hanging from my ceiling.
Message 7 of 39 (1,061 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
1605 posts
 

Re: Man loses life savings over carnival game

Apr 30, 2013

Dr_McNoob wrote:
I don't know how to feel about this.

1. The guy has a serious gambling problem. Spending $2600, or his entire life savings, on a carnival game is ridiculous. He needs genuine help.

2. At some point, he should have just purchased the **bleep** Kinect on its own.

3. Suing the carnival will be difficult. It has to be proven the game is literally impossible to win. If it really is impossible, then the lawsuit is justified. If not, he's just a poor sport.

4. I'm pretty sure I have the same banana with dreadlocks hanging from my ceiling.

you too? same here Smiley Very Happy



Message 8 of 39 (1,058 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 10/01/2008
Online
9341 posts
 

Re: Man loses life savings over carnival game

May 1, 2013

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.-Albert Einstein

 

Even if this guy wins the lawsuit and gets his $2600 dollars back, I bet that he will use the $2600 dollars to buy 2600 scratch-off lottery tickects. Smiley Very Happy

 

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 9 of 39 (1,038 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
11297 posts
 

Re: Man loses life savings over carnival game

May 1, 2013
Poor dude, he was probably trying to prove something to someone.
Message 10 of 39 (1,027 Views)