Highlighted
Nov 15 2006
By: swattkidd~ Keyblade Wielder 10305 posts

Making my Website available from my IP

9 replies 3 views Edited Nov 15, 2006
Do you guys know of any easy program or something that will make my web site available from my ip? i have Apache mysql and all that and its in my localhost, but i need it to be available to the public, any ideas?
Message 1 of 10 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10305 posts

Re: Making my Website available from my IP

Nov 15, 2006
Message 2 of 10 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3850 posts

Nov 15, 2006
lol, i have NO idea what you just said, maby call the geek squad at best buy, maby they can be of an assistance?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 3 of 10 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Nov 15, 2006
over half the people that work for geek sqaud are morons that dont know jack about a real computer, all they know is what they learned in training, which can only go so far with the training ive heard about. usually they say something is wrong, that would take me 5 minutes to fix, then charge you 100 bucks and a week to get it fixed

Message 4 of 10 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10305 posts

Nov 15, 2006

Masta Squidge wrote:
over half the people that work for geek sqaud are morons that dont know jack about a real computer, all they know is what they learned in training, which can only go so far with the training ive heard about. usually they say something is wrong, that would take me 5 minutes to fix, then charge you 100 bucks and a week to get it fixed

Yea but lets not thread jack haha, any ideas?

Message 5 of 10 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Nov 15, 2006
no but i usually just make a webpage with a free hosting thing, then link to my ip (i make that website a portal page with a big **bleep** looking picture that says ENTER) then i make it a link to my ip and such. at least thats how i WOULD do it, ive not actually done this

Message 6 of 10 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10305 posts

Nov 15, 2006

Masta Squidge wrote:
no but i usually just make a webpage with a free hosting thing, then link to my ip (i make that website a portal page with a big **bleep** looking picture that says ENTER) then i make it a link to my ip and such. at least thats how i WOULD do it, ive not actually done this

Yea that would not work because the ip adress has to be made available to the public and thats the problem im having, so can anyone help me out here?

Message 7 of 10 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8935 posts

Nov 15, 2006

swattkidd wrote:
Do you guys know of any easy program or something that will make my web site available from my ip? i have Apache mysql and all that and its in my localhost, but i need it to be available to the public, any ideas?

I'm assuming that your computer is connected through a router. You need to go into the router's settings and use port forwarding to forward port 80 to the computer that is running Apache.
Message 8 of 10 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10305 posts

Nov 15, 2006

SPARTEN II wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

I'm assuming that your computer is connected through a router. You need to go into the router's settings and use port forwarding to forward port 80 to the computer that is running Apache.

Ok well i have apache, and im on a laptop with apache that gets wireless signal from a router. When i got to whatismyip.com and get that ip and type it in the URL it says connection Timed out. When i go into the cmd and get the ip i type it in and it works, but i asked a member from here to try it and it did not work for them. Should i try it with my firewall off?
Message 9 of 10 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18887 posts

Nov 15, 2006
Apache listens on port 80. You need to configure your router to pass incoming port 80 traffic to your computer.
Message 10 of 10 (3 Views)
0 Likes