Reply
Dec 26 2012
By: Shindaria First Son 2 posts
Offline

Make Playstation 4 backwards compatible

[ Edited ]
17 replies 3195 views Edited Dec 28, 2012

Topic probably has been beaten to death, however this is something that I personally care about. I never go on the forums, I rarely voice my opinion, but I do love my little PS3... and I would love my PS4 if I can play my Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Revolver, Katamari Damacy, Chronotrigger and ANY of the Final Fantasy games all on one console. I do not want to have stack of console piled under my poor TV (a Sony TV, if I may add. Bought to play of Sony games, and no I do not own XBox, even though I really want to play Fable, I am still a Sony fan). When my backwards compatible PS3 bit the dust I had to dig out old PS2 out.  And what do you want me to do with my collection when my PS2 dies too?! 

I've started a petition. If we can get 1000 signatures - maybe it will show Sony we mean business. If we can get 10 000 signatures - they will have to listen to us. Sign petition here . Hoping for your support, true fans of Sony!

 

-------------------------

Edit: apperantly Sony thinkis the words The Petition Site are swear words... here is a link, just put it together before you click. You need to copy and paste the link and then remove the spaces from the first section of the address.

http://www.the petition site.com/251/349/981/make-plastation-4-backwards-compatible/

 

Message 1 of 18 (3,195 Views)
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
55453 posts
 

Re: Make Playstation 4 backwards compatible

Dec 26, 2012

Shindaria wrote:

Topic probably has been beaten to death, however this is something that I personally care about. I never go on the forums, I rarely voice my opinion, but I do love my little PS3... and I would love my PS4 if I can play my Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Revolver, Katamari Damacy, Chronotrigger and ANY of the Final Fantasy games all on one console. I do not want to have stack of console piled under my poor TV (a Sony TV, if I may add. Bought to play of Sony games, and no I do not own XBox, even though I really want to play Fable, I am still a Sony fan). When my backwards compatible PS3 bit the dust I had to dig out old PS2 out.  And what do you want me to do with my collection when my PS2 dies too?! 

I've started a petition. If we can get 1000 signatures - maybe it will show Sony we mean business. If we can get 10 000 signatures - they will have to listen to us. Sign petition here . Hoping for your support, true fans of Sony!

 


I agree, getting rid of backwards compatable in the PS3 was so horrible.

Message 2 of 18 (3,186 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/18/2011
Offline
3987 posts
 

Re: Make Playstation 4 backwards compatible

Dec 26, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Shindaria wrote:

Topic probably has been beaten to death, however this is something that I personally care about. I never go on the forums, I rarely voice my opinion, but I do love my little PS3... and I would love my PS4 if I can play my Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Revolver, Katamari Damacy, Chronotrigger and ANY of the Final Fantasy games all on one console. I do not want to have stack of console piled under my poor TV (a Sony TV, if I may add. Bought to play of Sony games, and no I do not own XBox, even though I really want to play Fable, I am still a Sony fan). When my backwards compatible PS3 bit the dust I had to dig out old PS2 out.  And what do you want me to do with my collection when my PS2 dies too?! 

I've started a petition. If we can get 1000 signatures - maybe it will show Sony we mean business. If we can get 10 000 signatures - they will have to listen to us. Sign petition here . Hoping for your support, true fans of Sony!

 


I agree, getting rid of backwards compatable in the PS3 was so horrible.


They're trying to make money off their current and future generations. Meaning they want each console to have a 10 year life span.

 

That's the official word from Sony

 photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 3 of 18 (3,183 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: Make Playstation 4 backwards compatible

Dec 26, 2012

I would absolutely love backwards compatibility.

Message 4 of 18 (3,180 Views)
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
55453 posts
 

Re: Make Playstation 4 backwards compatible

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Shindaria wrote:

Topic probably has been beaten to death, however this is something that I personally care about. I never go on the forums, I rarely voice my opinion, but I do love my little PS3... and I would love my PS4 if I can play my Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Revolver, Katamari Damacy, Chronotrigger and ANY of the Final Fantasy games all on one console. I do not want to have stack of console piled under my poor TV (a Sony TV, if I may add. Bought to play of Sony games, and no I do not own XBox, even though I really want to play Fable, I am still a Sony fan). When my backwards compatible PS3 bit the dust I had to dig out old PS2 out.  And what do you want me to do with my collection when my PS2 dies too?! 

I've started a petition. If we can get 1000 signatures - maybe it will show Sony we mean business. If we can get 10 000 signatures - they will have to listen to us. Sign petition here . Hoping for your support, true fans of Sony!

 


I agree, getting rid of backwards compatable in the PS3 was so horrible.


They're trying to make money off their current and future generations. Meaning they want each console to have a 10 year life span.

 

That's the official word from Sony


Whatever their reasoning its still just a bad idea to not make the systems backwards compatable from a "customer satisifaction" standpoint in my personal opinion.  Here is why (This is more for sony than for you specifically but your post gave me the platform to launch from...pun)

 

See a gamer like me, who has bought over 100 titles to play on the PS3 (go ahead look at my trophies its actually more like 130 titles), will NOT buy a PS4 if they don't make it backwards compatable.  If they didn't make the original 60 gig PS3 backwards compatable I would not have bought it until about 2 years after its launch.  

 

So yea they might make a few extra game sales, per gamer, if they are lucky by not making it backwards compatible will ensure many gamers who are similar to myself will not be buying a brand new system upon release.  

 

Message 5 of 18 (3,173 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/18/2011
Offline
3987 posts
 

Re: Make Playstation 4 backwards compatible

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Shindaria wrote:

Topic probably has been beaten to death, however this is something that I personally care about. I never go on the forums, I rarely voice my opinion, but I do love my little PS3... and I would love my PS4 if I can play my Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Revolver, Katamari Damacy, Chronotrigger and ANY of the Final Fantasy games all on one console. I do not want to have stack of console piled under my poor TV (a Sony TV, if I may add. Bought to play of Sony games, and no I do not own XBox, even though I really want to play Fable, I am still a Sony fan). When my backwards compatible PS3 bit the dust I had to dig out old PS2 out.  And what do you want me to do with my collection when my PS2 dies too?! 

I've started a petition. If we can get 1000 signatures - maybe it will show Sony we mean business. If we can get 10 000 signatures - they will have to listen to us. Sign petition here . Hoping for your support, true fans of Sony!

 


I agree, getting rid of backwards compatable in the PS3 was so horrible.


They're trying to make money off their current and future generations. Meaning they want each console to have a 10 year life span.

 

That's the official word from Sony


Whatever their reasoning its still just a bad idea to not make the systems backwards compatable from a "customer satisifaction" standpoint in my personal opinion.  Here is why (This is more for sony than for you specifically but your post gave me the platform to launch from...pun)

 

See a gamer like me, who has bought over 100 titles to play on the PS3 (go ahead look at my trophies its actually more like 130 titles), will NOT buy a PS4 if they don't make it backwards compatable.  If they didn't make the original 60 gig PS3 backwards compatable I would not have bought it until about 2 years after its launch.  

 

So yea they might make a few extra game sales, per gamer, if they are lucky by not making it backwards compatible will ensure many gamers who are similar to myself will not be buying a brand new system upon release.  

 



I would like for the PS4 to be B/C but that's not the company policy as of now. We have better concerns to worry about when the next iteration of the PS4 comes out like YLOD, game freezing, and bugs from Updates.

 

I've bought hondreds of titles since PS1, PS2, and both PSP's and the Vita. Sony owes me nothing. If i'm not happy about them, then i'll switch to Xbox or WiiU

 photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 6 of 18 (3,167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/10/2009
Offline
117 posts
 

Re: Make Playstation 4 backwards compatible

Dec 26, 2012
Backwards compatibility on the PS4, or whatever they plan on calling, is a must if they want my money. Ill stick to my PS3 if we can't play our old games on the new system.
Message 7 of 18 (3,163 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 10/01/2008
Online
9602 posts
 

Re: Make Playstation 4 backwards compatible

Dec 26, 2012

Backwards compatibility on PS4 is a deal breaker for me. If PS4 is backward compatible I will try to get PS4 on the first day. If PS4 is NOT backwards compatible, then I will have to wait for a "Must Have" PS4 game. I will not spend $500 dollars for PS4, so that I can play the latest "Ridge Racer" game. If PS4 is not backward compatible, I will wait for a good PS4 game before I buy PS4.

 

SxZmN.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 8 of 18 (3,156 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
20406 posts
 

Re: Make Playstation 4 backwards compatible

Dec 26, 2012

bronxsushi wrote:

Backwards compatibility on PS4 is a deal breaker for me. If PS4 is backward compatible I will try to get PS4 on the first day. If PS4 is NOT backwards compatible, then I will have to wait for a "Must Have" PS4 game. I will not spend $500 dollars for PS4, so that I can play the latest "Ridge Racer" game. If PS4 is not backward compatible, I will wait for a good PS4 game before I buy PS4.

 

SxZmN.gif


 

This, along with the ability to transfer DLC to the PS4. Many games rely on DLC (Hell, Rock Band is alive pretty much BECAUSE of DLC) and having incompatible DLC will be a huge deal breaker if our games are backwards compatible.

 

Hopefully it comes to pass. If the games aren't backwards/DLC compatible, all that money spent on PS3 DLC will basically be obsolete and Rock Band will probably officially die.

 

Sad. I hope it'll happen.

Message 9 of 18 (3,153 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: Make Playstation 4 backwards compatible

Dec 26, 2012

Even if PS4 is backwards compatible I will wait for a price drop. I've done that with the last two. Just about the time I'm getting jealous of everyone else having one is when they cut the price. I can hold out until then anyway.

 

 

Message 10 of 18 (3,149 Views)
0 Likes