Nov 18 2006
By: Sammydavisjr~ Uncharted Territory 1757 posts

Mac question.

7 replies 1 views Edited Nov 18, 2006
I know that macs use a sepearate display method then PCs, hence the WYSIWYG acrnym..But wouldnt the WYSIWYG editor work with macs..I mean its  just  simple tool on these forms that allows you to add smileys and easy link and such..

Or is it just the safari browswer..I dont own a mac.But i work on one and on my lunch break I like to parooze the forums.But find it sort of awkard.
my wii friend code: ADD ME! 5992 2332 9248 8590
Then shoot me a PM so I can add You..Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Re: Mac question.

Nov 18, 2006

Sammydavisjr wrote:
I know that macs use a sepearate display method then PCs, hence the WYSIWYG acrnym..But wouldnt the WYSIWYG editor work with macs..I mean its  just  simple tool on these forms that allows you to add smileys and easy link and such..

Or is it just the safari browswer..I dont own a mac.But i work on one and on my lunch break I like to parooze the forums.But find it sort of awkard.

That makes no sense.

PCs and Macs use the same videocards. So how would the display method be different?

And what would website editing have to do with "display methods"?
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 2 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13671 posts

Nov 18, 2006
i have the same problem when ever im on my parents' mac i cant make smileys and im not sure why

Message 3 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1757 posts

Nov 18, 2006

wrote:

Sammydavisjr wrote:

That makes no sense.

PCs and Macs use the same videocards. So how would the display method be different?o

On a mac the displayed image is a lot cleaner then it would be on a PC if you're looking at the same iamge on both..But when you print it the mac will not print exactly like what you see on screen, (color may not be as bright or vibrant) but since a PC is pretty much what you see is what you get what you see on screen is what will print..trust me, I do alot of artwork and printing at work.
Message 4 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 18, 2006

Sammydavisjr wrote:

wrote:

Sammydavisjr wrote:

That makes no sense.

PCs and Macs use the same videocards. So how would the display method be different?o

On a mac the displayed image is a lot cleaner then it would be on a PC if you're looking at the same iamge on both..But when you print it the mac will not print exactly like what you see on screen, (color may not be as bright or vibrant) but since a PC is pretty much what you see is what you get what you see on screen is what will print..trust me, I do alot of artwork and printing at work.

You're still not making sense.

WYSIWYG is in reference to website editing. It has nothing to do with printing or anything like that.

Mac/Apple screens are generally higher quality than PC screens as well. Plus Apple's method of screen AA is better than Windows. But the same hardware is used in both, and the same basic method of displaying is the same.
Pictures printing out poorly has a lot more to do with the printer itself and the driver implimentation than the operating system. Its up to the manufacturer to provide good printer drivers.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 5 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1175 posts

Nov 18, 2006
becuz these forums dont support Safari, same for Opera, try Firefox on OS X, im PRETTY sure it will work, not completely sure tho.
Message 6 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1757 posts

Nov 18, 2006

wrote:

Sammydavisjr wrote:

wrote:

Sammydavisjr wrote:

That makes no sense.

You're still not making sense.

WYSIWYG is in reference to website editing. It has nothing to do with printing or anything like that.

Mac/Apple screens are generally higher quality than PC screens as well. Plus Apple's method of screen AA is better than Windows. But the same hardware is used in both, and the same basic method of displaying is the same.
Pictures printing out poorly has a lot more to do with the printer itself and the driver implimentation than the operating system. Its up to the manufacturer to provide good printer drivers.

well  its not our printer but..anyway thats not the point of the thread.Smiley Tongue
Message 7 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6960 posts

Nov 18, 2006

Sammydavisjr wrote:

Seperate display method? I'm not sure what exactly thats supposed to mean, but regardless of the 'display method' WYSIWYG is (in the context you are referring it to) related to the web-browser itself. It's not really an issue of if Safari supports WYSIWYG, it does. It's a issue of it's compatiblity with the forums.

For example, not to long ago Firefox didn't have WYSIWYG support on these forums, but now it does and regardless of what platform you're on (WIndows or Mac) you can use the editor inside of Firefox.

• Apple MacBook Pro:
2.33 Ghz Core Duo | 256mb X1600 | 3GB's DD2 RAM | 200GB HD •
• Linux / Windoze PC: 3.4 Ghz Pentium D | nVidia BFG 7800 GS | 3.5 GB's DDR RAM | 1.25 TB RAID 0 •

The views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of SCEA and are of a personal nature.
Message 8 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes