MVP Support
18928 posts

Re: MTV's Fat Camp?

Jan 24, 2007

tú madre wrote:
i saw that. that show is actually kinda old maybe 2-3 yrs. i remember when they first showed it i laughed.

For real? Ah, I thought it was some kind of new show on MTV. This shows as to how much I like to watch MTV
7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 11 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 24, 2007

SevenFactors wrote:

tú madre wrote:
i saw that. that show is actually kinda old maybe 2-3 yrs. i remember when they first showed it i laughed.

For real? Ah, I thought it was some kind of new show on MTV. This shows as to how much I like to watch MTV

I hardly ever watch TV...only for Simpsons...get other shows onlineSmiley Tongue

News channels don't state everything I want to know...reality shows are BS...and everything else is just plain stupid aimed towards the typical American.
APPLE SPY
Message 12 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11037 posts

Jan 24, 2007
Seven and LT.

The issue of obesity is massive, no pun intended. I myself was not obese, but I was definitely overweight for my age and height. As a man of 34 years old, I'm at a critical time of me life where I am young enough to still burn off this crud. Wait a few more years down the line, and it gets to be a real problem according to my doctor.

For me, it makes it double hard on me, because I had back surgery in my lower back last Spring, so for me, getting back in the gym has been as much about losing the fattage as it has been about rehabilitation.

A movie I watched a few nights ago however really woke me up to the fat problem here in the United States. SuperSize Me is a great film about obesity, and the corporate responsibility that some companies fail to show in terms of declaring their nutritional value, and offering in some cases a size of fries that equals 1/2 a pound. That's ridiculous! However, keeping fit and eating right is a personal responsibility and not someone else's problem.

I applaud those who create Fat Camp's all across America. Did you lot know that there is only one state in the union that still requires physical education in their curriculum in school? Couple that with the soda and candy machines and no requirement to workout, it's no wonder we are all fat metaphorically speaking of course. Fat Camp while mildly entertaining in terms of the infantile behavior of some of the members, does at least show a way for parents to get their kids who are fat, unfatted.
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast!

PSU's Underground Lounge Host Emeritus
Message 13 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 24, 2007

Calean007 wrote:
Seven and LT.

The issue of obesity is massive, no pun intended. I myself was not obese, but I was definitely overweight for my age and height. As a man of 34 years old, I'm at a critical time of me life where I am young enough to still burn off this crud. Wait a few more years down the line, and it gets to be a real problem according to my doctor.

For me, it makes it double hard on me, because I had back surgery in my lower back last Spring, so for me, getting back in the gym has been as much about losing the fattage as it has been about rehabilitation.

A movie I watched a few nights ago however really woke me up to the fat problem here in the United States. SuperSize Me is a great film about obesity, and the corporate responsibility that some companies fail to show in terms of declaring their nutritional value, and offering in some cases a size of fries that equals 1/2 a pound. That's ridiculous! However, keeping fit and eating right is a personal responsibility and not someone else's problem.

I applaud those who create Fat Camp's all across America. Did you lot know that there is only one state in the union that still requires physical education in their curriculum in school? Couple that with the soda and candy machines and no requirement to workout, it's no wonder we are all fat metaphorically speaking of course. Fat Camp while mildly entertaining in terms of the infantile behavior of some of the members, does at least show a way for parents to get their kids who are fat, unfatted.

I began to start working out a month or two ago....the move sorta screwed me all up.

Anyways, at first I really just didn't want to..(I'm skinny, need some more muscleSmiley Tongue)...but after doing it 2-3 times, I can't stop...it's become addicting, a habit.

Starting is hard, but you will soon make it a habite, and it is almost kind of like an addiciton, you feel horrible when you don't work out.
APPLE SPY
Message 14 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19357 posts

Jan 24, 2007
fat people are nasty people to be around...(they can eat all that food...and still be hungry...)wow...!!
Why, yes, I was born on January 1, 1905."
Message 15 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14210 posts

Jan 24, 2007

Milad wrote:
I dont want to see naked fat girls running around, whyd wouldnt she take a shower??

She said she didn't want to take one during the day because she likes to take them at night, then at night she said she was too tired.  She was lazy, seriously Smiley Indifferent  All she ever did was complain the entire time.  I was impressed by the amount she had lost at the end though.

If I remember right, it was like 8k just to send one child there, I was like Smiley Indifferent  Who would pay 8k to send your child away for 2 months, that seems ridiculous to me.  There are MANY other ways instead of that.
Message 16 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11037 posts

Jan 24, 2007

Velvetaugie wrote:

Milad wrote:
I dont want to see naked fat girls running around, whyd wouldnt she take a shower??

She said she didn't want to take one during the day because she likes to take them at night, then at night she said she was too tired. She was lazy, seriously All she ever did was complain the entire time. I was impressed by the amount she had lost at the end though.
If I remember right, it was like 8k just to send one child there, I was like Who would pay 8k to send your child away for 2 months, that seems ridiculous to me. There are MANY other ways instead of that.

Remember me?

You are right. It's all about parenting. I think 8K is a bit much to say the least. Maybe 2K would be more reasonable...Just enroll the kid in a gym locally and tell them if they don't workout, no car, no allowance, etc.
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast!

PSU's Underground Lounge Host Emeritus
Message 17 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2570 posts

Jan 24, 2007

Milad wrote:

I don't think I do.  At all.  Also a GOOD show about weight related issues already exists.  The Biggest Loser.  Watch an episode.  It's good.  It's uplifting and it's about the only show on the air that represents fat people as something other then whatever stereotype you like.  THIS show sounds like lame crap....or they intentionally gathered the WORST fet people possible and filmed them.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 18 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2796 posts

Jan 24, 2007

SevenFactors wrote:
Ok ok ok, so I put MTV on to see what crazy show was on.... and boy, did I get a surprise. It looks like MTV doesn't know what to do anymore, now they have this new show, Fat Camp.

The funny thing is that once I put the channel on, there was this girl running naked in side the cabin screaming, " I don't want to take a shower. I don't need to take a shower. I will go 3 days without taking a shower." Then they showed a couple of other girls making fun of her because of her looks and the fact that she didn't want to take a shower.

I know that being fat is a problem for many people. Many take it easy and do what they must, while others just take it to the extreme and harm themselves socially, emotionally and physically. So to those kids that were brave enough to be part of MTV's Fat Camp show, I give them props.

Anyways, this is the first time I see a Fat Camp in action. I've heard of them, but never seen or heard of someone that went or is thinking of going to one. From where I come from, if you are starting to suffer from weight problem, then you just simply take it outside and do some exercising. You know, stay active and keep your one and only body healthy.

Never heard of that show?Robot Indifferent

Message Edited by ianmnfla13 on 01-24-2007 11:47 AM
�� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ���� PnP LAN

Message 19 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes