Highlighted
Jan 24 2007
By: Xuchilbara MVP Support 18928 posts

MTV's Fat Camp?

18 replies 28 views Edited Jan 24, 2007
Ok ok ok, so I put MTV on to see what crazy show was on.... and boy, did I get a surprise. It looks like MTV doesn't know what to do anymore, now they have this new show, Fat Camp.

The funny thing is that once I put the channel on, there was this girl running naked in side the cabin screaming, " I don't want to take a shower. I don't need to take a shower. I will go 3 days without taking a shower." Then they showed a couple of other girls making fun of her because of her looks and the fact that she didn't want to take a shower.

I know that being fat is a problem for many people. Many take it easy and do what they must, while others just take it to the extreme and harm themselves socially, emotionally and physically. So to those kids that were brave enough to be part of MTV's Fat Camp show, I give them props.

Anyways, this is the first time I see a Fat Camp in action. I've heard of them, but never seen or heard of someone that went or is thinking of going to one. From where I come from, if you are starting to suffer from weight problem, then you just simply take it outside and do some exercising. You know, stay active and keep your one and only body healthy.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 1 of 19 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5299 posts

Re: MTV's Fat Camp?

Jan 24, 2007
I dont want to see naked fat girls running around, whyd wouldnt she take a shower??
Message 2 of 19 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 24, 2007

SevenFactors wrote:
Ok ok ok, so I put MTV on to see what crazy show was on.... and boy, did I get a surprise. It looks like MTV doesn't know what to do anymore, now they have this new show, Fat Camp.

The funny thing is that once I put the channel on, there was this girl running naked in side the cabin screaming, " I don't want to take a shower. I don't need to take a shower. I will go 3 days without taking a shower." Then they showed a couple of other girls making fun of her because of her looks and the fact that she didn't want to take a shower.

I know that being fat is a problem for many people. Many take it easy and do what they must, while others just take it to the extreme and harm themselves socially, emotionally and physically. So to those kids that were brave enough to be part of MTV's Fat Camp show, I give them props.

Anyways, this is the first time I see a Fat Camp in action. I've heard of them, but never seen or heard of someone that went or is thinking of going to one. From where I come from, if you are starting to suffer from weight problem, then you just simply take it outside and do some exercising. You know, stay active and keep your one and only body healthy.

You do realize almost every single reality show on TV is staged? Fat camp is probably tooSmiley Wink

Anyways, I think that's pathetic..you don't go to some huge's networks fat camp, you take matters into your own hands, diciplinning yourself, and not others.

People become fat because of the lack of dicipline, they cannot control themselves...regulate what they do.

Yeah...

Your sig is amazingSmiley Happy
APPLE SPY
Message 3 of 19 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5299 posts

Jan 24, 2007

Aowen wrote:

SevenFactors wrote:

You do realize almost every single reality show on TV is staged? Fat camp is probably tooSmiley Wink

Anyways, I think that's pathetic..you don't go to some huge's networks fat camp, you take matters into your own hands, diciplinning yourself, and not others.

People become fat because of the lack of dicipline, they cannot control themselves...regulate what they do.

Yeah...

Yeah that is completely true
Message 4 of 19 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8161 posts

Jan 24, 2007

SevenFactors wrote:

Yeah, I've always felt that way too, but more and more as i understand the situation. Some people don't have the motivation required to do so...or understand what effort is required.

For a majority of their lives physical effort has been in such a recession that they no longer know how to partake in it. And their pain tolerance has gone the way of the birds as well.

When i think of a reason people would go to a "fat camp" it is to ignite the competitive spirit in the people there....Not everyone is going to have great success but if you take an overweight kid who is always last to be picked...first to be insulted back home.

And put him in a position where he is the most gifted athlete there, or one of the best....then he now understands the benefit of effort and drive in something that he can actually win.

That's why I'd guess the success rate of those places might be a little over 50%, because the less motivated half of the membership is never going to lose any weight, because they never feel like they'll be able to.

Message Edited by Lt. Claybon on 01-24-2007 10:11 AM
Account Removed due to Inactivity.

Thanks for being a part of my life PSU
Message 5 of 19 (28 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

Jan 24, 2007

Aowen wrote:

SevenFactors wrote:

Yeah...

I know for a fact that all reality shows are in fact far from reality, but when you are an overweight girl, running naked on national TV screaming, " I wont take a shower for 3 days"......... all I know is that she better be getting some good cash  

Like you, I think that the whole thing is pathetic, but then again believe or not, there are some people that for X reasons don't know any better. Nevertheless, this shouldn't stop them from doing better for themselves, and if a fat camp is all they can do then hey, let them do it. It might be their only way to gaining some discipline.
-------------------------

And thanks for the sig comment. I love the sig. It stands for the "What if"  factor
Message 6 of 19 (28 Views)
0 Likes
This widget could not be displayed.
0 posts

Jan 24, 2007
i saw that. that show is actually kinda old maybe 2-3 yrs. i remember when they first showed it i laughed.
Message 7 of 19 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1651 posts

Jan 24, 2007
Fat people are gross.
Message 8 of 19 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 24, 2007

Sid the Mod wrote:
Fat people are gross.

Watch out, A LOT of people here are overweightSmiley Wink
APPLE SPY
Message 9 of 19 (28 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

Jan 24, 2007

Lt. Claybon wrote:

SevenFactors wrote:

Yeah, I've always felt that way too, but more and more as i understand the situation. Some people don't have the motivation required to do so...or understand what effort is required.

For a majority of their lives physical effort has been in such a recession that they no longer know how to partake in it. And their pain tolerance has gone the way of the birds as well.

When i think of a reason people would go to a "fat camp" it is to ignite the competitive spirit in the people there....Not everyone is going to have great success but if you take an overweight kid who is always last to be picked...first to be insulted back home.

And put him in a position where he is the most gifted athlete there, or one of the best....then he now understands the benefit of effort and drive in something that he can actually win.

That's why I'd guess the success rate of those places might be a little over 50%, because the less motivated half of the membership is never going to lose any weight, because they never feel like they'll be able to.

Message Edited by Lt. Claybon on 01-24-2007 10:11 AM

While I don't really believe in putting too much of the same kind locked in a giving area, ex. old people in a nursing home because it will just make them feel more old. Your explanation of the benefits that fat camp has and offers to overweight people has further opened my understanding  of the situation.

I only hope that not everybody in a fat camp is overweight. Meaning that they have people of all size, shapes and form in you will. While being surrounded by overweight people for a long time might help them understand the seriousness of being overweight, it might also just do the opposite and make them feel too confortable thus reducing their willingness to lose weight
Message 10 of 19 (28 Views)
0 Likes