Highlighted
Jan 14 2007
By: MiKeyCuCU184~ Uncharted Territory 1824 posts

MAC Users help me with this

5 replies 1 views Edited Jan 14, 2007
I just got a mac so i really dont know to much about them yet please dont flame. Well anyways my question is is there anyway to leave my widgets on my desktop screen without having to go to the dashboard to have them disappear once i click something else
Message 1 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8643 posts

Re: MAC Users help me with this

Jan 14, 2007
I am a PC user
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2007-08-05
Message 2 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 14, 2007
umm... no? you can press on the scroll button, and the dashboard would automatically appear.
Message 3 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1824 posts

Jan 14, 2007
I would like to have my widgets stay on the desktop as I use my mac... Like yahoo widgets
Message 4 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

Jan 14, 2007
from wikii,

Widgets on the desktop

Although by default widgets are confined to the Dashboard layer, a widget can be dragged from the widget bar to the desktop by simply selecting the widget, dragging it, and then switching back to the Desktop, from the Dashboard, before dropping the widget. The widget will remain floating on the desktop until the next time the Dashboard is opened.

To keep one or more widgets on the desktop in a more permanent fashion, the Dashboard "devmode" must be activated. Enter the following into the Terminal, or Terminal.app (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app):

defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode YES

and then restart the Dock (and Dashboard):

killall Dock

Once this option has been set, widgets dragged from the Dashboard will remain floating on the desktop, even after log out or shutdown. To move a desktop widget back to the Dashboard, simply reverse the process used to move it onto the desktop.

Another option for widgets on the desktop is to use the shareware utility Amnesty Widget Browser, a dashboard emulator that also allows the user to select which level (desktop, standard or floating) a widget occupies while it resides on the desktop.

Message 5 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1824 posts

Jan 14, 2007
Thank a lot i REALLY appreciate it!
Message 6 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes