Nov 08 2012
By: KiritoM9000 First Son 3 posts

M-Rated Content Purchase?

6 replies 99 views Edited Nov 8, 2012

Yeah, just wanted to ask a quick question about M-rated content. I do know that your minimum age has to be 17 with photo I.D. . The problem I have however, is that I am 17, but with no legal Photo ID. If, let's say, a friend and I were to go down to the midnight launch of Black Ops 2 to pick up our pre-orders, can I pick it up with said friend since he has a legal driver's license and is 17? We already paid off the games and so forth. Any helpful insight or comments would be appreciated, thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2597 posts

Re: M-Rated Content Purchase?

Nov 8, 2012

As long as he is the one to asks it to be picked up and holds it when he walks away I assume you can.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (92 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 8, 2012

If you present just the receipt they should hand the games to you right? No questions asked? Cause the pre-order is also held under my Pro Powerupreward membership.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2597 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I think so. Just make sure your friend with the ID does everything and you just watch.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (81 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Well when I pre-ordered MW3 I didn't have to show my ID, maybe because they feel like I look old enough or maybe they were just rushing because the line was almost out the door. I just gave them the receipt and I was on my way.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (65 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9586 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Just have your friend pick up your copy, when i went to get Halo 4 I wasn't asked for ID at all.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (54 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Thanks guys for all the responses! To test out some experiments, I went to pick up M-rated games for myself/friends across the week. 2 Gamestops to choose from. 1st Gamestop was a bust, asked for ID no matter what, although it's understanable, seeing how it's a newly opened branch. 2nd Gamestop had no qualms about ID and I managed to pick up several M rated games such as DOA5,AC3, and Halo4. Those were on relatively slow days, so I'm pretty sure come Midnight launch or release day, the lines will be too packed to provide thorough scanning/checking as long as I paid it off before or have the receipt. Trying to pay upfront ,however, may grant different results. Anyways, enoguh with the rant, I'm mostly trying to reassure myself. Again, thanks to all who replied!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (50 Views)
0 Likes