Jan 08 2007
By: Big_Boss203 Lombax Warrior 110 posts

Lusitania Essay Help

11 replies 1 views Edited Jan 8, 2007
Hey guys, I have this essay that is about an event that happen during the WW1. I picked the lusitania, when the germans sink it. Well the essay is about name three things that due to that event affected or involved with U.S.A.  I have two so far, The Sussex Pledge and one of the reasons why U.S.A. enter the war. I would like someone to help me with the third event, thanks.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 1 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6605 posts

Re: Lusitania Essay Help

Jan 8, 2007
The German use of U Boats in naval warfare
Message 2 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jan 8, 2007
It has to involve with the U.S.A.  How can i put the German U boats with that???
Message 3 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6605 posts

Jan 8, 2007
U Boats sank neutral merchant ships with Americans, duh!

Message Edited by NOTaznguy on 01-07-2007 04:42 PM
Message 4 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7364 posts

Jan 8, 2007
Well it was also found that the Lusitania was also sunk because it was carrying weapons and ammunition to the British; the US was not technically in the war but they were providing money, weapons and ammo to the Brits.  Another thing I remember is the Zimmerman telegram but that might be from WW II
Message 5 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6056 posts

Jan 8, 2007
Im not sure what you're asking.  I know that the German Ambassidor in the USA put up a warning for people not to board the Lusitania because they were shiping weaponry to the Allies.  Maybe you should use wikipedia?
Message 6 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6056 posts

Jan 8, 2007

brave brave sr robin wrote:
Well it was also found that the Lusitania was also sunk because it was carrying weapons and ammunition to the British; the US was not technically in the war but they were providing money, weapons and ammo to the Brits.  Another thing I remember is the Zimmerman telegram but that might be from WW II

No, the Zimmerman note was from WWI, so you're correct.
Message 7 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jan 8, 2007
I'm looking for an event that happen in WW1 that the US was involved in. An example, because they sunk the lusitania boat, Germany and U.S.  made the Sussex Pledge.  I need something similar that US was involved.

Message 8 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Platinum
72591 posts

Jan 8, 2007

That's not known, but it's very likely.  It's also why the US won't allow anyone to visit the Lusitania.
Message 9 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
972 posts

Jan 8, 2007

shun goku satsu wrote:

That's not known, but it's very likely.  It's also why the US won't allow anyone to visit the Lusitania.

HA!
~Drumline

PSN Handle: Drumline
Message 10 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes