Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 03/06/2011
Offline
458 posts
 

Re: Lost my job but I'm happy about it.

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

And someone is out of his realm of expertise. You should know that yelling at your boss is insubordination. From how you described it, you just insulted your boss and his capabilities unprovoked by him. That is insubordination and will keep you from getting unemployment.


lolno

 

If a job is performed by the contract of the job (basically that big pamphlet you receive as a new hire) then the termination won't count against a person's eligibility for unemployment. In your defense, which you lack because you don't have a valid point, "fired" was a bad word choice - I'm still technically employed but I'm not scheduled to work for two weeks. After that my resignation will be legal. I performed my job, I resigned and then I was told to take indefinite leave. Mostly because I couldn't help but trash talk my employer knowing that I had a getaway car.

 

It's good therapy too, telling your old boss all the things you ever wanted to say with the sweet, sweet knowledge you wouldn't have to worry about employment.

 

 

Complete global saturation.
Message 21 of 25 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: Lost my job but I'm happy about it.

Nov 6, 2013

KIoey wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

And someone is out of his realm of expertise. You should know that yelling at your boss is insubordination. From how you described it, you just insulted your boss and his capabilities unprovoked by him. That is insubordination and will keep you from getting unemployment.


lolno

 

If a job is performed by the contract of the job (basically that big pamphlet you receive as a new hire) then the termination won't count against a person's eligibility for unemployment. In your defense, which you lack because you don't have a valid point, "fired" was a bad word choice - I'm still technically employed but I'm not scheduled to work for two weeks. After that my resignation will be legal. I performed my job, I resigned and then I was told to take indefinite leave. Mostly because I couldn't help but trash talk my employer knowing that I had a getaway car.

 

It's good therapy too, telling your old boss all the things you ever wanted to say with the sweet, sweet knowledge you wouldn't have to worry about employment.

 

 


Whoa whoa whoa...hold on there.

 

I am the stupid one because YOU used a completely different word? Fired is different from a suspension or not getting put on the schedule (or you resigning). The fact you blame this on my "stupidity" is hilarious and shows an issue with you and accountability. You did not make a mistake when you used a completely different term. I made the mistake for not knowing you used the wrong term. 


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 22 of 25 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/06/2011
Offline
458 posts
 

Re: Lost my job but I'm happy about it.

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

KIoey wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

And someone is out of his realm of expertise. You should know that yelling at your boss is insubordination. From how you described it, you just insulted your boss and his capabilities unprovoked by him. That is insubordination and will keep you from getting unemployment.


lolno

 

If a job is performed by the contract of the job (basically that big pamphlet you receive as a new hire) then the termination won't count against a person's eligibility for unemployment. In your defense, which you lack because you don't have a valid point, "fired" was a bad word choice - I'm still technically employed but I'm not scheduled to work for two weeks. After that my resignation will be legal. I performed my job, I resigned and then I was told to take indefinite leave. Mostly because I couldn't help but trash talk my employer knowing that I had a getaway car.

 

It's good therapy too, telling your old boss all the things you ever wanted to say with the sweet, sweet knowledge you wouldn't have to worry about employment.

 

 


Whoa whoa whoa...hold on there.

 

I am the stupid one because YOU used a completely different word?


Yes, considering that:

 

1) It's not a suspension.

 

2) Getting fired is a euphemism in the first place.

 

You have no idea about how the workplace works, apparently. All of your posts seem to revolve around how you think a workplace works. It was a bad word choice, not the wrong word

 

Being removed from the schedule for a resignation notice is not a suspension or an immediate resignation. There really isn't a word for it, I just said "fired" because that's basically what it was. Walk in, tell him he's a jerk - am told to go home and not come back. As far as the company is concerned, I am still a legitimate employee that can work there (for the next two weeks). I'm sure I could have probed a thesaurus for something better but I was too busy telling him he was a **bleep**.

 

As I said, it wasn't the best word choice. That doesn't make it wrong and your point is still irrelevant though since I could still take the district on a wrongful termination suit and receive unemployment (if I weren't over the threshold). 

Complete global saturation.
Message 23 of 25 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/16/2009
Offline
271 posts
 

Re: Lost my job but I'm happy about it.

Nov 7, 2013

More time to focus on your PS3 with the extra down time, SWEET!


Get your Portable ID!
Kimi To Iu Hana
Message 24 of 25 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/06/2011
Offline
458 posts
 

Re: Lost my job but I'm happy about it.

Nov 8, 2013
It is pretty sweet, my income's only 60% of what it was but I'll probably do fine still. Roommates help keep expenses to a minimum.
Complete global saturation.
Message 25 of 25 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes