Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Re: Lost my job but I'm happy about it.

Nov 5, 2013

What did you do to get fired? It was not a bad place, but you angered your boss enough to get fired

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 11 of 25 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1656 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Well if it makes you feel better, I sort of went through the same thing, The job I found to start my career out wasnt so grand. It was an hour drive to, and an hour drive back home (which gets real old, real fast), I wasn't really trained well like most places should, was trained for like a day or two then just thrown in. The management there was laid back, which can be good and bad, it was just a job that eventally I was trying to do for the money, which was bad because my heart wasn't in it, which hurt my performance. The job I'm doing now, while not high pay right now, is something I don't mind doing and want to get better at even if it isn't the greatest job out there. Its something I can move up in also...

Message 12 of 25 (108 Views)
Sackboy
458 posts

Nov 6, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

What did you do to get fired? It was not a bad place, but you angered your boss enough to get fired

It was a terrible place to work. There's one thing worse than bad employees and that's bad management. There's nothing even remotely good about a management staff that is so laid back that a person feels less productive at work than at home masturbating and eating nachos. Angering my boss was worth it though...told him he was smart enough to graduate college but stupid enough for it to not matter.

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Well if it makes you feel better, I sort of went through the same thing, The job I found to start my career out wasnt so grand. It was an hour drive to, and an hour drive back home (which gets real old, real fast), I wasn't really trained well like most places should, was trained for like a day or two then just thrown in. The management there was laid back, which can be good and bad, it was just a job that eventally I was trying to do for the money, which was bad because my heart wasn't in it, which hurt my performance. The job I'm doing now, while not high pay right now, is something I don't mind doing and want to get better at even if it isn't the greatest job out there. Its something I can move up in also...

Yeah, tomorrow I'm actually going to start at the Music Center tomorrow as a tutor. The staff was extremely friendly and since it's more or less a teaching job I doubt it'll have the same **bleep** constraints like quotas and profit margins.

Complete global saturation.
Message 13 of 25 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13316 posts

Nov 6, 2013
I enjoy reading your posts kloey =). Hope things work out for you
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 14 of 25 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6935 posts

Nov 6, 2013

KIoey wrote:
Sadly I'm not even sure why I put myself in a position to get fired. I could have kept my head down and held this job for a few years (everyone else seems to) but I don't think I could have lived with myself. I felt way too much anxiety working there - especially recently as we got closer to the Black Friday sales.

Everything was a hectic nightmare and there were even times I cried in the bathroom after my shift because of how disorganized it all was. I'm not qualified to give a self-diagnosis and I acknowledge that people are creatures of habit; but I'm pretty certain that I have a minor case of OCD.

Man sorry to hear that. I hope you find a job that well suits you and lacks flaws in the working system.

Message 15 of 25 (85 Views)
Welcoming Committee
37683 posts

Nov 6, 2013

The only thing worse than having to go to work each day is not having a job at all.

You know what's the very worst?  Being unemployed on a holiday.  You can't even ask for a job that day because the boss is at home.  He's getting paid to be at home and you have no job.  It all really hits you like a ton of bricks when you are unemployed on a holiday.

Message 16 of 25 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
39797 posts

Nov 6, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

The only thing worse than having to go to work each day is not having a job at all.

You know what's the very worst?  Being unemployed on a holiday.  You can't even ask for a job that day because the boss is at home.  He's getting paid to be at home and you have no job.  It all really hits you like a ton of bricks when you are unemployed on a holiday.

what about being unemployed but collecting unemployment from the government?

Message 17 of 25 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Nov 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Does not apply to Kloey because he was fired (reasonably at that)

Message 18 of 25 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

You know that stupidity I keep telling you about? You're showing it again.

Under federal law, termination by the employer only prevents eligibility of unemployment benefits under the following reasons: 

Misconduct - Defined as a violation of a duty or obligation owed the employer as a condition of employment. For non-legalese speaking people, this basically means termination by not doing your job.

Gross misconduct - Extreme, willful or wanton misconduct. Again, for non-legalese speaking people, basically means excessive misconduct (as defined above) such as violence or sexual harassment.

State unemployment codes might differ. Realistically though it's all about finding a judge that's in favor of unemployment benefits - not the legal discrepencies of poor definitions.

But no, it wouldn't apply to me - my gross pay still exceeds the state minimum for receiving unemployment benefits. That's not something you would have known though.

Edit: I totally could probably make a settlement claim on it though if I weren't above the bracket - considering that he fired me the same day I filed my two week notice. Stuff like that doesn't sit well for a judge.

Complete global saturation.
Message 19 of 25 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Nov 6, 2013

KIoey wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

You know that stupidity I keep telling you about? You're showing it again.

Under federal law, termination by the employer only prevents eligibility of unemployment benefits under the following reasons: 

Misconduct - Defined as a violation of a duty or obligation owed the employer as a condition of employment. For non-legalese speaking people, this basically means termination by not doing your job.

Gross misconduct - Extreme, willful or wanton misconduct. Again, for non-legalese speaking people, basically means excessive misconduct (as defined above) such as violence or sexual harassment.

State unemployment codes might differ. Realistically though it's all about finding a judge that's in favor of unemployment benefits - not the legal discrepencies of poor definitions.

But no, it wouldn't apply to me - my gross pay still exceeds the state minimum for receiving unemployment benefits. That's not something you would have known though.

Edit: I totally could probably make a settlement claim on it though if I weren't above the bracket - considering that he fired me the same day I filed my two week notice. Stuff like that doesn't sit well for a judge.

And someone is out of his realm of expertise. You should know that yelling at your boss is insubordination. From how you described it, you just insulted your boss and his capabilities unprovoked by him. That is insubordination and will keep you from getting unemployment.

Message 20 of 25 (55 Views)