Sep 06 2013
By: Amnalehu Fender Bender 3686 posts

Live Rewards Program

12 replies 163 views Edited Sep 6, 2013

Well they did it. They finally did something I really like. Xbox Live just announced their new rewards program and from what I see, it's exactly the type of rewards program I have been hoping we would get on PSN. You actually get tangible rewards for improving your gamer score. So far Sony has not allowed Xbox to 1up then. Hopefully they will have an answer to this great program.

Xbox Live Rewards

Message 1 of 13 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Live Rewards Program

Sep 7, 2013

This is not an Xbox forum.

This belongs in Off-Topic.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 13 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Sep 7, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

This is not an Xbox forum.

This belongs in Off-Topic.

Debateable he is saying something the xbox did but he is also saying he wants to see what Sony will do in response to that.  I would like to see Sony step up to this  challange myself, both are fighting for the top spot this gen and this can give an advantage, to a casual gamer like myself not so much (all my trophies were deleted 3 times when i formatted my hard drive Smiley Sad) because i dont have many but i can start from zero thats cool. 

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 3 of 13 (120 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
845 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2013

This doesn't seem to be as great as it seems. First off, I don't see what the actual rewards are. Pretty much everything I saw on that page was all different sorts of ways to buy things and earn "credits." Can you point out these rewards they're talking about? Most of it is restricted by time as well. You have to purchase five map packs before Oct 31 to get those credits. And you have to buy them all seperately at a minimum of $10 a piece.

In order to get the credits for playing a new game you have to play for at least ten hours in the first 30 days. That is easy to do but it is yet another pointless restriction that Microsoft loves so much. The gamerscore credits are kinda lame too. The best deal is if you have over 75,000G. You get 300 credits for every $10 you spend. That is meaningless in comparison to the other options.

I just noticed that in order to get credits for renewing Gold you have to wait until your current subscription expires. Restrictions all-around.
Message 4 of 13 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Sep 7, 2013

"credits" yea right.....

The last time MS had any sort of "reward"... you were given 25cents worth of MS Points for your birthday.

I'm VERY skeptical in this.... Sure MS is doing everything they can to attract customers, but at what cost? Bamboozling people with this rewards program and NFL?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 13 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Sep 7, 2013

smoothboarder540 wrote:

This doesn't seem to be as great as it seems. First off, I don't see what the actual rewards are. Pretty much everything I saw on that page was all different sorts of ways to buy things and earn "credits." Can you point out these rewards they're talking about? Most of it is restricted by time as well. You have to purchase five map packs before Oct 31 to get those credits. And you have to buy them all seperately at a minimum of $10 a piece.

In order to get the credits for playing a new game you have to play for at least ten hours in the first 30 days. That is easy to do but it is yet another pointless restriction that Microsoft loves so much. The gamerscore credits are kinda lame too. The best deal is if you have over 75,000G. You get 300 credits for every $10 you spend. That is meaningless in comparison to the other options.

I am not saying it is perfect but something is usually better then nothing.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 6 of 13 (79 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
845 posts

Sep 7, 2013
Oh, I just found an article about it. So every 1000 credits you earn is worth $1. So spend at least $50 on map packs, get $5 to spend on the marketplace. Pay $60 to renew Xbox live and get $3 to spend on the marketplace. But wait, you have to wait until your current subscription expires. Big whoop.
Message 7 of 13 (71 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
5760 posts

Sep 7, 2013
-Moved from Playstation General
Message 8 of 13 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Sep 7, 2013

smoothboarder540 wrote:
Oh, I just found an article about it. So every 1000 credits you earn is worth $1. So spend at least $50 on map packs, get $5 to spend on the marketplace. Pay $60 to renew Xbox live and get $3 to spend on the marketplace. But wait, you have to wait until your current subscription expires. Big whoop.

I would rather get something then nothing again for any purchases or accomplishments, they may not be doing much but something.  I am hoping Sony comes out with a better rewards program instead of doing nothing but who knows.

Message 9 of 13 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6930 posts

Sep 7, 2013

This is actually impressive coming from Mircosoft. They need to branch out more ideas like this. I like the idea that you get rewarded for getting achievements; it makes it more of a purpose to 100% a game.

Message 10 of 13 (55 Views)
0 Likes