Shinra Executive
42173 posts

Re: Lithium is the bomb

Dec 18, 2012

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
I liked Jive because of the custom avatars.

If these (Sony's forums specifically) Lithium forums allowed custom avatars, I'd forget about Jive in a heartbeat.

Lithium *DOES* allow for them.  We had them the first go around.  Once you hit 128-bit rank, you were allowed to set your own.  I'd have to look into why we don't have it now.  For starters though, the avatar size needs to be increased.

I know that the old forums had them (even though I wasn't here at the time. Sad, I know Smiley Sad). I meant to say that the forums we currently use don't allow them.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's Sony wanting to create a "better link" between our forum identities and our PSN profiles or something. Smiley Indifferent

It took a long time for custom avatars to become available in the PlayStation Community Forums with Jive. No one remember this?

Anyway, the situation with custom avatars in the forums right now has not changed. SCEA wants our avatars to be the same in the PlayStation Network, the PlayStation Blog, and the PlayStation Community Forums. I don’t think forum software had anything to do with that decision.

Magic question is then: Why can't we choose it?  I don't mind the avatar being used across the spectrum, which I imagine is the case with most, but can we choose our own outside of the ones offered?  Obviously, policing them would be an isssue that would need to be addressed (and probably why it isn't done).

Message 51 of 56 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37297 posts

Dec 18, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

I wasn't able to post for something like 2-3 months.  Actually, I figured out how: I had to send a blank post through for the board to tell me I couldn't do that and then I could say what I wanted to say and it would go through.  Otherwise, nothing but an error.  You know what the problem was?  My macros that carried over from Lithium somehow prevented me from posting Smiley Indifferent

There was also some sort of major problem with Jive where I couldn't log in at all for several months.  My password was locked out.  A few other people I knew had the same problem.  I imagine it was very widespread.

There was an option for getting the password changed but they made it so I had to log into the forums with the PS3 to get it changed.  I thought that was about the stupidest and most obnoxious thing I'd heard of in quite some time.  Who puts up that kind of restriction?  It's like when you're registering for something and there's a field that won't allow you to cut and paste information into it.  What's the point of that, other than to aggrivate me?  Looking at the weak traffic at the time I decided it just wasn't worth the hassle.  So I spent several months completely unable and unwilling to log into the forum.  The time I spent earlier on Jive was so irritating that I wouldn't expend any effort to get back on.

Then someone told me Lithium was back.  It took about 5 minutes to reset my password.  Much better since.

Message 52 of 56 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Trawnza wrote:

Glad you guys are on board with Lithium Smiley Happy

We quite like it too!!

I wish you were more active Smiley Sad

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 53 of 56 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Since I can't click on smiley's, the best thing for me to do is enter them manually

<3

Smiley Tongue

Smiley Very Happy

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 54 of 56 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13707 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

If these (Sony's forums specifically) Lithium forums allowed custom avatars, I'd forget about Jive in a heartbeat.

It's not a limitation of the software, previously there were custom icons. it's Sony's choice how they handle avatars. Smiley Happy

Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/marksears
Message 55 of 56 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37297 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Deltan wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

It's not a limitation of the software, previously there were custom icons. it's Sony's choice how they handle avatars. Smiley Happy

You cannot get more authoritative than this.  All other answers are irrelevant.

So it is written.

Message 56 of 56 (80 Views)
0 Likes