Glad you guys are on board with Lithium Smiley Happy

We quite like it too!!

Message 41 of 56 (139 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8828 posts

Re: Lithium is the bomb

Dec 18, 2012
Joined in 2011.

Claims to understand what the "transition" was.

Sony made a mess of these forums, and will take years to rebuild the regular base that was lost.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 42 of 56 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20195 posts

Dec 18, 2012
I liked Jive because of the custom avatars.

If these (Sony's forums specifically) Lithium forums allowed custom avatars, I'd forget about Jive in a heartbeat.
Message 43 of 56 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42129 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

If these (Sony's forums specifically) Lithium forums allowed custom avatars, I'd forget about Jive in a heartbeat.

Lithium *DOES* allow for them.  We had them the first go around.  Once you hit 128-bit rank, you were allowed to set your own.  I'd have to look into why we don't have it now.  For starters though, the avatar size needs to be increased.

Message 44 of 56 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20195 posts

Dec 18, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Lithium *DOES* allow for them.  We had them the first go around.  Once you hit 128-bit rank, you were allowed to set your own.  I'd have to look into why we don't have it now.  For starters though, the avatar size needs to be increased.

I know that the old forums had them (even though I wasn't here at the time. Sad, I know Smiley Sad). I meant to say that the forums we currently use don't allow them.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's Sony wanting to create a "better link" between our forum identities and our PSN profiles or something. Smiley Indifferent

Message 45 of 56 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42129 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

I know that the old forums had them (even though I wasn't here at the time. Sad, I know Smiley Sad). I meant to say that the forums we currently use don't allow them.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's Sony wanting to create a "better link" between our forum identities and our PSN profiles or something. Smiley Indifferent

Doesn't hold up for everyone with the 'predefined' avatars.  Sometimes, your favorite game/series isn't represented (publisher doesn't want to bother with avatars or there aren't a standard set with each game that gets uploaded when it's first booted up) so you have to pretty much 'settle'.  And leveling all that on a avatar is a bit of stretch in itself.  You would think it'd be more of an entire package thing (name, sig, your personality in general, the games you play/enjoy, etc.).

Meh.

Message 46 of 56 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8975 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

That's about right. 

Strangely enough, European PS community allows custom avatars. It doesn't matter because I like my gramophone avatar and no one else uses it. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 47 of 56 (110 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34136 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Jive allowed custom avatars? when?

Message 48 of 56 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8975 posts

Dec 18, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Jive allowed custom avatars? when?

It did allow custom avatars. Your default avatar was your PSN avatar but you could have uploaded your own picture. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 49 of 56 (94 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12481 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

It took a long time for custom avatars to become available in the PlayStation Community Forums with Jive. No one remembers this?

Anyway, the situation with custom avatars in the forums right now has not changed. SCEA wants our avatars to be the same in the PlayStation Network, the PlayStation Blog, and the PlayStation Community Forums. I don’t think forum software had anything to do with that decision.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 50 of 56 (93 Views)
0 Likes