Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Re: Lithium is the bomb

Dec 15, 2012

Doppelgangergang wrote:

For TWO WEEKS I was unable to post anything because it kept losing my post and other features and navigation were broken.

This happened to me as well. I couldn't post at all because it said that the javascript wasn't working or something like that.

Message 11 of 56 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10395 posts

Dec 15, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:
As a person who joined up the 2009 Lithium Era, I am happy that Lithium is running the boards again.

Jive was a big mess up, I tell you. During the forum transition we lost a LOT of veterans and even more regulars due to the serious glitches it has. For TWO WEEKS I was unable to post anything because it kept losing my post and other features and navigation were broken.

It was so bad, in fact, that the new community leader of Jive actually bailed in less than two months (?) from all the pressure. It got better over time, but the damage has been done.

That said, I like the Lithium Transition. I just hope it sticks.

That's one thing I'll always hate about the transition to Jive: it killed the traffic.  It was pretty much a ghost town after the transition and the mass exodus and I think as a community, we still haven't really recovered.  The damage was done.

I wasn't able to post for something like 2-3 months.  Actually, I figured out how: I had to send a blank post through for the board to tell me I couldn't do that and then I could say what I wanted to say and it would go through.  Otherwise, nothing but an error.  You know what the problem was?  My macros that carried over from Lithium somehow prevented me from posting Smiley Indifferent

That explains everything. I had at least 7 macros saved.

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 12 of 56 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42126 posts

Dec 15, 2012

deadend123 wrote:

That explains everything. I had at least 7 macros saved.

When I deleted the macros and was magically able to post seconds later, I kind of just shook my head.  I'd been talking with one of the Mods who was passing info over to the engineers to see what the problem was and it just seems stupid that in the end, it was the macros.

Message 13 of 56 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10395 posts

Dec 15, 2012

I, too, have been addressing the issue to the mods for months, until I decided to create an alternate account. I just thought, that my account period was broken. I was able to create threads, but could never reply to any thread.

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 14 of 56 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15080 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I like Lithium as well Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 56 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19181 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

I like the transition back over to Lithium and the darker theme as well.  Smiley Happy

Lithium is indeed Da Bomb.  Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 56 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Lithium was significantly better. I still remember the horror of them getting rid of it two years ago, ugh...

Message 17 of 56 (109 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12476 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

I liked loved the Jive to Lithium forum transition. Thank you, SCEA. Smiley Happy

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 18 of 56 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4239 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

I have to say, this is this the 1st time i visit the forum since the Jive era and it's not so bad now. Im not sure im a fan of lithium boards but its a hella lot better then Jive.

And what the hell happened to the Role Playing game section? There's no one there anymore. Is there any subforums that are still active?

PS: So Slash, ever got a new PS3?

Message 19 of 56 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9543 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

I dont know why they left Lithuim to begin with.  Why switch from something that worked well, to something that didn't "Jive".  I could not stand that Jive switch.  I had stopped visiting the forums period after that.

Glad they back to how they was.  As someone who has been a member since 2002 its nice to come back here now and post at times.

It would be nice if us VETS (10+ years) got some type of special icon/name or medal or something lol... Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 56 (72 Views)