Highlighted
Dec 15 2012
By: havocsarmy Fender Bender 3987 posts

Lithium is the bomb

55 replies 235 views Edited Dec 15, 2012

How many of you guys and gals, newbies, vets, and in between like the forum transition?

At first I was skeptical, but Trawnza and the regular folks helped me out on the basics. But I still can't get my own avatar or enter a smiley like "happy". The black and grey turned me off at first because of its darkness and everything looked a mess.

Do you like Jive(the white skin) better than Lithium? Your comments are much apreciated

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 1 of 56 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Re: Lithium is the bomb

Dec 15, 2012
I came around during the Jive era as well. I liked Jive because you could add your own avatar, but it seems that Lithium also has it's benefits as well. I don't remember Jive having holiday-themed colors and other things such. The general gray does look sort of dull, but there are other sections that have different colored backgrounds, such as the dark blue background of the PSAS forums.

To be honest, I fine with either.
Message 2 of 56 (231 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7248 posts

Dec 15, 2012
I still miss the white layout but Lithium is sooo much better.
energy
Message 3 of 56 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42142 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Prefer Lithium but I miss some Jive features.  And Lithium should be able to give us custom avatars.  We had them the last time we were here.

bm2919 wrote:
I still miss the white layout but Lithium is sooo much better.

You do know there is a setting to change the forum white, right?  Go to My Settings > Preferences > Check "Show a light background for main Playstation Skin" and Save.  Too blinding for me personally.  If they toned it down some/a bit, I wouldn't mind alternating every now and again.

Message 4 of 56 (219 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Dec 15, 2012
Jive was a mess xD I rarely spent time on the forums in the Jive era, I hated it and took to long to learn the ways. Lithium has most of the typical forum basics and the halloween/holidays themes are awesome.
Message 5 of 56 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7248 posts

Dec 15, 2012
Yea I know its just... I dunno
Plus when I wake up I prefer not to be blinded so black in the morning white in the afternoon maybe.
energy
Message 6 of 56 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

Dec 15, 2012
As a person who joined up the 2009 Lithium Era, I am happy that Lithium is running the boards again.

Jive was a big mess up, I tell you. During the forum transition we lost a LOT of veterans and even more regulars due to the serious glitches it has. For TWO WEEKS I was unable to post anything because it kept losing my post and other features and navigation were broken.

It was so bad, in fact, that the new community leader of Jive actually bailed in less than two months (?) from all the pressure. It got better over time, but the damage has been done.

That said, I like the Lithium Transition. I just hope it sticks.
Message 7 of 56 (207 Views)
Shinra Executive
42142 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Doppelgangergang wrote:
As a person who joined up the 2009 Lithium Era, I am happy that Lithium is running the boards again.

Jive was a big mess up, I tell you. During the forum transition we lost a LOT of veterans and even more regulars due to the serious glitches it has. For TWO WEEKS I was unable to post anything because it kept losing my post and other features and navigation were broken.

It was so bad, in fact, that the new community leader of Jive actually bailed in less than two months (?) from all the pressure. It got better over time, but the damage has been done.

That said, I like the Lithium Transition. I just hope it sticks.

That's one thing I'll always hate about the transition to Jive: it killed the traffic.  It was pretty much a ghost town after the transition and the mass exodus and I think as a community, we still haven't really recovered.  The damage was done.

I wasn't able to post for something like 2-3 months.  Actually, I figured out how: I had to send a blank post through for the board to tell me I couldn't do that and then I could say what I wanted to say and it would go through.  Otherwise, nothing but an error.  You know what the problem was?  My macros that carried over from Lithium somehow prevented me from posting Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 56 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Dec 15, 2012

I reappeared after my ban and things started transitioning away from PSU and Lithium to whatever it's called now and Jive. I like the darker theme, it's reminiscent of the old PSU theme. I remember people being 'blinded' by the switch to Jive. It just seems easier to post with Lithium as well as search the forums. The forum hierarchy in Jive buried certain boards for some reason.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 9 of 56 (192 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

**bleep**, the forum erased my words and made my post blank. Smiley Very Happy

anyway...

SlashZaku wrote:

Prefer Lithium but I miss some Jive features.  And Lithium should be able to give us custom avatars.  We had them the last time we were here

once the PSN synced up with our forum accounts we lost the freedom to choose our own avatar.

as long as our forum account is our PSN account i doubt we will be able to use a custom avatar.

Message 10 of 56 (184 Views)
0 Likes