Oct 08 2013
By: HEAT-STROKErules Wastelander 718 posts

Life.

10 replies 176 views Edited Oct 8, 2013

I have been thinking. WHY DO WE EAT MARSHMELLOWS? Im sorry. i just want to make fun of those topics.

Message 1 of 11 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Re: Life.

Oct 8, 2013
How did we have the modern technology to make marshmallows many years ago? The answer is quite simple, extra terrestrials.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 2 of 11 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Marshmallows are extra-terrestrials. Althaea officinalis. Just screams alien. Not to mention the Egyptians used the roots of that plant. You know they've been visited by aliens once or twice.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 3 of 11 (157 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Oct 8, 2013
^This is why we're friends.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 4 of 11 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
718 posts

Oct 8, 2013
Im scared of Marshmellows now
Message 5 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Marshmallows are good with chocolate and rice krispies. 

MarshmEllows sounds like marijuana mixed with marshmallows

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 6 of 11 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
718 posts

Oct 8, 2013
Oh. I spelled it wrong. Oops Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 11 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9136 posts

Oct 8, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Marshmallows are good with chocolate and rice krispies. 

MarshmEllows sounds like marijuana mixed with marshmallows

I've always just eaten marshmallows plain. There are so many ways to enjoy marshmallows.

http://www.ifood.tv/blog/top-10-crazy-ways-to-eat-marshmallows

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 8 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Oct 8, 2013

We eat marshmallows for several reasons.

Certain foods contain various amino acids, called tryptophans, which apart from making us tired, can enable higher seratonin levels, which make us feel well in general:  satisfied, if you will. 

Now, why marshmallows?

You see, the marshmallow is made in a manner that introduces much air inside the actual confectionery.  This air can trick a person into feeling as though they've had a bigger snack than they might have actually just eaten.  They are as a result, much lower in calories than something of comparable size.  It's a theory of dietary utilization that is similar to that of the appeal of rice cakes.

Further helping the case for marshmallows is that they are healthier in comparison to other sweet substances, such as frosting.  We commonly accept marshmallow creme-based frostings as a way to get that Low Fat / Less Carb bit of dessert.

Aside from the dietary and chemical aspects of marshmallows, you also have to think about the physical attributes.  There's very few things quite as nice as that first bite into a really huge campfire marshmallow.  The near crisp edge, with the chewey middle makes for a nice array of different feelings.  Not only that, but the corn starchy, dry exterior allows a marshmallow to be held for considerable amounts of time before melting or deforming.  They need no refrigeration, and typically hold up well in warmth.  This allows the marshmallow to be a good travel snack in addition to all its other qualities.

Speaking of Campfire Marshmallows, if you've ever roasted a marshmallow, that completely changes its characteristics.  Now you have a crunchy outer shell with incredibly creamy molten center.  In a S'more, it can be quite an awesome treat, but it's still just as nice by itself after browning a bit from the flames.

I hope I have not left you with any questions regarding why we would eat marshmallows.  I hope for our sake, that each and every one of us will be able to enjoy a marshmallow soon!

Good luck, and happy marshmallowing!

Message 9 of 11 (85 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4079 posts

Message 10 of 11 (74 Views)
0 Likes