Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 07 2011
By: curiousecat Uncharted Territory 1475 posts

Lets Talk about Cheating

8 replies 18 views Edited Jan 7, 2011

This is a discussion on cheating.

What is cheating, how does cheating effect people as a whole and do you feel that those that cheat in the games also cheat in school?

or is there a line that is drawn when it comes to game and cheating?

Why do people cheat?

Lets sit down and talk about it. and most of all how does cheating effect a person in real life?

SCEA’s decision to implement Update 3.21 placed Plaintiffs and Class members in a “Hobson’s Choice.” PS3 owners who chose not to install Update 3.21 could no longer access
many of the other important PS3 features including the PSN, the ability to play games online, the ability to access online features, or the ability to play newer PS3 games and/or Blu-ray discs that required Update 3.21. On the other hand, PS3 owners who did install Update 3.21 lost all access to the computer functionality of the PS3’s “Other OS” feature.
Message 1 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Re: Lets Talk about Cheating

Jan 8, 2011

It's doesn't affect me as much as if affects the other person.

Like my cheating ex-gf. Let's just say her cheating ways have been long...buried.

If you catch my drift.

Photobucket

Message 2 of 9 (18 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Jan 8, 2011

Um, to personal eh that wasn't the kind of cheating I was thinking of ...More along the lines of cheating on games or at school ...although Some one cheating on another is not a laughing matter either.

Oh My, I hope this is not the impression that was laid out..I wasn't talking talking about cheating partners.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

SCEA’s decision to implement Update 3.21 placed Plaintiffs and Class members in a “Hobson’s Choice.” PS3 owners who chose not to install Update 3.21 could no longer access
many of the other important PS3 features including the PSN, the ability to play games online, the ability to access online features, or the ability to play newer PS3 games and/or Blu-ray discs that required Update 3.21. On the other hand, PS3 owners who did install Update 3.21 lost all access to the computer functionality of the PS3’s “Other OS” feature.
Message 3 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1268 posts

Jan 8, 2011

Lol, with shows like Cheaters and Maury (and all the other crap on daytime TV that I unfortunately know of), that kind of cheating would be the first thing that usually comes to mind.  I thought it was about that too until I read the context.

I remember letting one of my classmates copy my homework during a tutorial session.  One of my teachers went up to us, ripped our homework right before our eyes, and reported it to the teacher who assigned us that homework.  Lesson learned.  If someone needs help on a problem, I'll teach them how to solve it.

But I think there's a difference between cheating in real life situations like school and work, and cheating in video games.  If you cheat in your studies, you don't learn anything you were supposed to be studying about.  If you cheat at work, you don't gain any experience from the tasks you performed, and if you get caught in the act of cheating (for example, having someone else clock you in for work while you're not present, taking a sick day off only to run into your employer appearing perfectly healthy), disciplinary action will surely be taken.  Cheating in video games doesn't involve such consequences, they're not like punishable offenses, but in the end, it doesn't make the cheating player a better gamer.  Cheating at school doesn't make a person a better student.  Cheating at work doesn't make a person a better employee.  And so on.

Personally, I don't like to cheat in video games.  If I get stuck somewhere though, I look for help online, usually by Googling for answers first.  In my opinion, there's no problem with looking for help.

My question though, and I think about it pretty often, is reading a strategy guide considered cheating?  I'm not so sure myself.  It's like I feel like I want to beat a game without reading one, whether it's on paper or online.  That's where I get all stubborn, lol.

In short, all I could say is DON'T CHEAT!

Message 4 of 9 (18 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4917 posts

Jan 8, 2011

Krayzie, you so krayzie.

For me, cheating in a video game doesn't matter at all. If the developer actually put the cheat there in the first place then it's not really cheating anyway and if the cheat is something unintentinal that has been figured out and exploited then more power to the exploiter.

I suppose that cheating in an online game is a bit different, but I don't play many games online, so I don't care.

Message 5 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Jan 8, 2011

I myself had used many codes a while back a long time ago when the PS2 had them readily availiable, I did the cheats only after completing the game. and what I leanred later is that htose cheats were in the game to help the developers with game play and such.

But, I will not Cheat, like buying gill and such, besides that is how one gets there accounts hijacked.

I enjoy FFXIV I played buy the rules and reported those that were buying and selling gill.

For the most part I will visit walkthroughs. I do not think that Helsp are cheats in games, Infact I think they add to the game and I veiw them as manuals rather then cheats..

But I will never Lie or cheat on the job, that harms everyone and could cause a very dangerouse situation.

Where as cheating in games raises a moral delima. There are those that are dissabled and use specialized controllers.

They can not help that.

as for cheating as in program manipulation, I feel that is totally wrong..

In my opinion if you feel that if you have to cheat at a game to win, then you have no skills and no respect for others. and thus shouldn't be playing. a game.

Message 6 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Jan 8, 2011

I would never cheat while playing online with people.  I use gameshark on my pokemon games to aquire the pokemon that are normally only available through trade or going to an event and to get unlimited masterballs, but I would never use cheats to gain the advantage over someone during online play.  Thats just wrong.

Message 7 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Jan 11, 2011

I try to help online people when I can. In FFXI, It is alomost imparative to help others out cause in the end, they do remember you lol.

Message 8 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9933 posts

Jan 11, 2011

Cheating in single player games: expected. It's fun to mess around on your own.

Cheating in multiplayer online: I wouldn't say they would cheat in school as well. Two different mediums in a sense even if a person does both. There's no reason someone would need to cheat in an online game. It certainly affects other people's experience which is not a good thing.

Cheating in school: Well, depending on where they are heading will impact on what cheating does. Many different situations can come out from this both good and bad.

"Memories are forgotten, but never lost."
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 9 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes