Uncharted Territory
2014 posts

Re: Let's Discuss Ocarina & Majora's Mask

Jan 22, 2007

Waisybabu wrote:
Before i start yapping,let me tell u that i really love Link To The Past.Its got some really clever puzzles as well as wonderful exploring.I am playing it nowadays on the GBA and am on the past where u get the Master Sword.

Anyways,as for Ocarina Of Time & Majora's Mask.I didn't really like them alot.The reason?Vague objectives.I mean,im supposed to enter this dungeon(talking about ocarina here)and when i reach it,it says "U need X item".Where the hell in Hyrule am i supposed to find it?With such as big world and 100s of NPCs who am i supposed to talk to?

As for Majora's Mask,its got the same problem.Im at the past where we save this monkey from the clutches of uhhh i dont really remember.But anyways...where the hell am i now suppsoed to go?

OK now for the questions,
  1. When u played OoT & M's M,did u use a guide?
  2. Did u like the games?
  3. Which is ur fav Zelda game.
  4. Is Twilight Princess much like OoT in its vague objectives?

Quick favor, Waisybabu: Can you discuss Twilight Princess in a separate thread? I don't want TP spoiled, and some of us weren't lucky enough to score a Wii (or a working GCN) yet.

-------------
As to your thread:

Half the fun of OOT is finding things. Most of the items you'll be directed to, so you'll have no problems there. The rest, you have to pay attention to the story, they'll tell you where to go.
Above all, if you're stuck, remember your overall objectives (namely, finding the stones as a child or the Sages as an adult) There are only 5 cities in the game, so you'll want to look there to start with.

As for MM:

Waisybabu wrote:

As for Majora's Mask,its got the same problem.Im at the past where we save this monkey from the clutches of uhhh i dont really remember.But anyways...where the hell am i now suppsoed to go?

Remember your overall goal: Finding the "ones" Tael mentioned in each compass direction. In the swamp, you're looking for a way to enter the Deku Scrub Woodfall Temple.

(After saving the witch Koume, the monkeys will ask you to help their friend, ride the boat to the Deku Palace, and manuever through the courtyard, past the guards, and talk to the captive monkey from within his cage (as a human), after leaving the inner palace, past the two guards, hop to the ledge, go through the opening, and you'll be at the swamp. ride the flowers, till you reach the statue where the owl is, and then hop over to the other ledge, and you're at the temple. Play the Song the monkey taught you and the dungeon will appear.)

----------------
To answer your questions:

1) In OOT, I used a guide at the very end, because I couldn't find the Fire Arrows that I needed, otherwise, no. In MM, I used one to assist me at the Snowhead Temple, because I couldn't solve the Central Pillar Puzzle. After that, only once more to find the Fierce Deity's Mask.

2) Zelda OOT and MM are among my all-time favorites, especially MM.

3) Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for SNES. OOT comes in second, with MM at a very close third. (The other games were good too, but not "quite" enough to claim the top 3)

4) I don't know, I haven't played TP yet (I intend to buy it along with a Wii) (Do not spoil TP for me)

King_of_Strategy: "I just finished reading 'Great Expectations'."
Man: "Was it any good?"
King_of_Strategy: "Eh, it wasn't everything I had hoped for..."
Message 11 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2059 posts

Jan 22, 2007
Ocarina of Time = overrated.

I feel that Twilight Princess and A Link to the Past are both better.

I haven't played Majora's Mask but it looks weird as heck.
Message 12 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2533 posts

Jan 24, 2007
bump't
~If you read this sentence.Read it Again.~ - Waisybabu
Message 13 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21934 posts

Jan 24, 2007
Vague objectives?? Midna & Navi will clue you in if you get stuck. Just cuz you yourself are a bit clueless...Smiley Very Happy
     OoT,MM & TP are fantastic games....period.
Photobucket
Message 14 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Jan 24, 2007
I have the Collector's Edition for the Gamecube that comes with 3/4 full Zelda games and I didn't like any of them. I got fairly far in Ocarina of Time then got stuck and lost interest. None of the games really appeal to me because of the lack of action really. I got extremely bored in Majora's Mask too.
Message 15 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2533 posts

Jan 24, 2007

ZanyD wrote:
Vague objectives?? Midna & Navi will clue you in if you get stuck. Just cuz you yourself are a bit clueless...Smiley Very Happy
     OoT,MM & TP are fantastic games....period.

u didnt asnwer my questions
~If you read this sentence.Read it Again.~ - Waisybabu
Message 16 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Jan 25, 2007

Waisybabu wrote:
Before i start yapping,let me tell u that i really love Link To The Past.Its got some really clever puzzles as well as wonderful exploring.I am playing it nowadays on the GBA and am on the past where u get the Master Sword.

Anyways,as for Ocarina Of Time & Majora's Mask.I didn't really like them alot.The reason?Vague objectives.I mean,im supposed to enter this dungeon(talking about ocarina here)and when i reach it,it says "U need X item".Where the hell in Hyrule am i supposed to find it?With such as big world and 100s of NPCs who am i supposed to talk to?

OK now for the questions,
  1. When u played OoT & M's M,did u use a guide?
  2. Did u like the games?
  3. Which is ur fav Zelda game.
  4. Is Twilight Princess much like OoT in its vague objectives?

Umm Zelda rule 9 times out of 10 if they say you need X item you can find them in the dungeon, if not the general area around the dungeon (if your in death mountian then the gorons will have a clue)

I. Yes I did especially on Majoras Mask since it's time constrcited.
2. Yes I did.
3. LTTP
4. I don't know what you mean by vague they give you a general idea were to go and then you have to find out what you do when you get there, it's called thinking. If you get stuck that is what game faqs is there, you want vague games try the NES Final Fantasys, Zeldas, and Dragon Warriors.
Message 17 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes