Jan 22 2007
By: Waisybabu~ Gaming Beast 2533 posts

Let's Discuss Ocarina & Majora's Mask

16 replies 1 views Edited Jan 22, 2007
Before i start yapping,let me tell u that i really love Link To The Past.Its got some really clever puzzles as well as wonderful exploring.I am playing it nowadays on the GBA and am on the past where u get the Master Sword.

Anyways,as for Ocarina Of Time & Majora's Mask.I didn't really like them alot.The reason?Vague objectives.I mean,im supposed to enter this dungeon(talking about ocarina here)and when i reach it,it says "U need X item".Where the hell in Hyrule am i supposed to find it?With such as big world and 100s of NPCs who am i supposed to talk to?

As for Majora's Mask,its got the same problem.Im at the past where we save this monkey from the clutches of uhhh i dont really remember.But anyways...where the hell am i now suppsoed to go?

OK now for the questions,
  1. When u played OoT & M's M,did u use a guide?
  2. Did u like the games?
  3. Which is ur fav Zelda game.
  4. Is Twilight Princess much like OoT in its vague objectives?
~If you read this sentence.Read it Again.~ - Waisybabu
Message 1 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8728 posts

Re: Let's Discuss Ocarina & Majora's Mask

Jan 22, 2007

Waisybabu wrote:
Before i start yapping,let me tell u that i really love Link To The Past.Its got some really clever puzzles as well as wonderful exploring.I am playing it nowadays on the GBA and am on the past where u get the Master Sword.

Anyways,as for Ocarina Of Time & Majora's Mask.I didn't really like them alot.The reason?Vague objectives.I mean,im supposed to enter this dungeon(talking about ocarina here)and when i reach it,it says "U need X item".Where the hell in Hyrule am i supposed to find it?With such as big world and 100s of NPCs who am i supposed to talk to?

As for Majora's Mask,its got the same problem.Im at the past where we save this monkey from the clutches of uhhh i dont really remember.But anyways...where the hell am i now suppsoed to go?

OK now for the questions,
  2. Did u like the games?

1. Only occasionally
2. Yes I loved them. I liked OoT more than majoras mask
3. Tough decision between twilight princess and OoT
4. It has the same style, but I wouldn't call them vague. Sure it might be hard to understand the story, but once you get into it, the objectives seem clear and purposeful (is that even a word?)
Signatures and Avatars
Message 2 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4393 posts

Jan 22, 2007

2. Did u like the games?

First of all, I loved OoT. I've played M's M but it just wasn't the same for me and I have yet to play Twilight Princess. But:
1. I've played the game with and without a guide, but I've only beaten the game using a guide
2. I loved OoT, really one of the best games out there
3. OoT
4. No idea, cause like I said, I've never played TP.

Me and my friends were talkin about the Zelda games recently and thought that Nintendo should re-release OoT on Wii (which they probably would). I definitely think that owning a N64, even just to be able to play OoT, is a must.
----------------------------------------------------------
"Little Miss Muffet; sat on a tuffet; eating her curds and whey; along came a spider; who sat down beside her; and frightened Miss Muffet away. Then Muffet went back; and checked her gun-rack; grabbing a .357; finding the spider; she sat dwon beside her; and blew that poor sucker to heaven."
Message 3 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11134 posts

Jan 22, 2007
I always liked zelda lol
Message 4 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2533 posts

Jan 22, 2007

stealthy wrote:

2. Did u like the games?

First of all, I loved OoT. I've played M's M but it just wasn't the same for me and I have yet to play Twilight Princess. But:
1. I've played the game with and without a guide, but I've only beaten the game using a guide
3. OoT

Me and my friends were talkin about the Zelda games recently and thought that Nintendo should re-release OoT on Wii (which they probably would). I definitely think that owning a N64, even just to be able to play OoT, is a must.

Ocarina of Time will definately come out for the Wii via the Virtual Console.It will cost u 10 bucks.
~If you read this sentence.Read it Again.~ - Waisybabu
Message 5 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8728 posts

Jan 22, 2007

stealthy wrote:

2. Did u like the games?

3. OoT

Or you could just buy that gamecube game that had OoT and master quest on it for like 5 bucks.
Signatures and Avatars
Message 6 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8773 posts

Jan 22, 2007
  1. When u played OoT & M's M,did u use a guide? For both, no.
  2. Did u like the games? Yeah.
  3. Which is ur fav Zelda game. Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask.
  4. Is Twilight Princess much like OoT in its vague objectives? I don't know. I never played Zelda:Twilight Princess.

Message Edited by mutilationatbirth on 01-23-2007 03:22 AM
Message 7 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Jan 22, 2007
I love Ocarina of Time to death - it remains one of the few games I love to replay.  I never found it 'vague' and rarely had to use the guide.  Twilight Princess is extremely similar to OoT but too easy.  Anytime you get stuck just about any NPC in the game can give you unbelieveably obvious hints about what to do, and (where Navi was useless) Midna is very capable and 90% of the time can offer you useful advice.  If you've played OoT the puzzlesolving is almost non-existant because it's the same type of puzzles so they're very easy to breeze through.  I wish it wasn't so easy but it's still a great game.
-Theron
Message 8 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Jan 22, 2007
OoT is by far one of the best story line'd games other than some final fantasies(fantasys?)
twilight princess is still very fun mostly because of the controller and the way it ties to OoT made me almost pee my pants while playing it
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 9 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2340 posts

Jan 22, 2007

2. Did u like the games?

I was 12 when OOT came out, and yeah, I used a guide....the first time. Every time after that (about 8 or 9 playthroughs) I never used one. Mostly I just used it for skulltellas and pieces of heart.

Looks at sig....yeah, I'd say I liked them. OOT was FAR superior to MM, but MM is greatly underappreciated. It is a great game, although very much out of the scope of the general Zelda game. The puzzles were excellent and it had awesome unique challenges.

OOt was my favorite, but TP (which I haven't finished yet...damn school) may take its place.

I disagree about OOT being vague, so I can't answer this question.

Message 10 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes