Feb 22 2013
By: i_am_an_airman First Son 3 posts

...Left handed player models/characters

1 replies 54 views Edited Feb 22, 2013

I'm surprised that after all this time of advancements for the PS3 and considering now that we are even moving on to the PS4, developers of games haven't created left-handed capabilities for First Person Shooters. Having left handed options for gamers to choose from could be a HUGE benefit for FPS and possibly other games.

Take Call of Duty: Black Ops for example. You have players pieing and checking corners, concealing themsleves, and firing from cover. Now that's all good if you're a right handed because the character model is too, so there is an advantage given to righties because they are used to favoring the left side of cover, walls, and maps.  But if you're a lefty, it is only natural to favor the right side of everything because that is what lefties would be used to to provide them cover/concealment. But, since the character is different lefty gamers find themselves exposed only because they are doing what comes natural.

I know this might seem pointless and minor, but the whole point of games is to cuase the gamer to be immersed within the game. Adding this feature could help that immersion, possibly increase coordination among players, and prevent the favoring of one side of a map.

IF YOU'RE A LEFTY YOU COULD UNDERSTAND!!! RISE UP!!! XD

Message 1 of 2 (54 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Re: ...Left handed player models/characters

Feb 22, 2013
I've never once thought of that.. actually a good idea though.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 2 of 2 (52 Views)
0 Likes