Splicer
68 posts

Re: Leaked PS4 information

Apr 1, 2012

Ok thanks. But I was wondering about the Network connection.

Say you had a PS4, and I had a PS3.. Would we still be able to game online together?

Message 91 of 140 (122 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28199 posts

Apr 1, 2012

Poison_Ivy_XoXo wrote:

Ok thanks. But I was wondering about the Network connection.

Say you had a PS4, and I had a PS3.. Would we still be able to game online together?

That would depend on the game.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 92 of 140 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3407 posts

Apr 1, 2012

Which games would that depend on?

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 93 of 140 (123 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28199 posts

Apr 1, 2012

HeavensLightfire wrote:

That's up to the Publishers of each individual game. When they create a PS4 game, they will have to decide if it's in their best interest to have the game support the PS3.

Just like the PS2 and the PS2, in a few cases, two different versions of a game were produced that would work on the two platforms, respectively. This may also be the case of the PS4 and the PS3.

I do believe it is much too soon to discuss this as what is known now may be changed later. And this discussion seems to be more about the PS4 and it's games rather than Home.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 94 of 140 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Apr 1, 2012

86.  Mar 31, 2012 5:22 PM (in response to ILLUMIN-X

Obviously, you have missed the entire point of this thread...

It is NOT news that the PS4 is in development. THAT news is very old indeed.

The ISSUE here is the FALSE RUMOR that the upcoming PS4 will have account locking on the game discs, and the totally unsubstantiated hysteria regarding the disappearance of Home from the upcoming PS4.

The link that the Orbis rumor is fake discusses how a very similar rumor was recently spread about the next generation Xbox...

I read and comprehend very well, thank you, including the topic of discussion going on here...

Actually, its all speculative. NOBODY knows because Sony isnt saying anything to either confirm or deny the so called "rumor'.

And when large corporate entities like that dont respond in favor of or against the rumor mill claims...then its a safe bet they are guilty of exercising something commonly practiced known as a controlled leak.

I just find it funny how people are so quick to defend anything that threatens to upseat their comfort levels without having one single ounce of fact. Every response generated was pretty much based on speculation, assumption or just blind faith. That link did not prove anything was false or fake. I've read it without reading "into it".

Personally I too hope and want to believe its just a rumor and a poor one at that. But as I said from the gitty up. Its ALL SPECULATION and NOBODY knows in the end until its on the shelves and for sale.

Message 95 of 140 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3407 posts

Apr 1, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

That's up to the Publishers of each individual game. When they create a PS4 game, they will have to decide if it's in their best interest to have the game support the PS3.

Just like the PS2 and the PS2, in a few cases, two different versions of a game were produced that would work on the two platforms, respectively. This may also be the case of the PS4 and the PS3.

I do believe it is much too soon to discuss this as what is known now may be changed later. And this discussion seems to be more about the PS4 and it's games rather than Home.

Yea, this thread really should be moved into another section.

Message 96 of 140 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Apr 1, 2012

Ok thanks. l was a little worried they would shut down or code the Network only allowing PS4's to use it.

Message 97 of 140 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Apr 1, 2012

Well sorrrry l was off topic. l saw PS4 info and wanted to ask that question. l'll keep my mouth shut next time. Bye.

Message 98 of 140 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3407 posts

Apr 1, 2012

OH NO NO!

I just meant that you could post this in the PSN section! Sorry if I hurt your feelings

Message 99 of 140 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Apr 2, 2012

I would imagine if this were true a lot more companies would have that information. Such as Gameinformer. One source isn't worth getting all worked up over. One of the reasons I buy Playstations is because of the backwards compatibility so if it's taken out I'll be upset. I think Sony knows that and would a least offer a more exspensive version that allows it. Also I think it's more up to the Developers of a game to decide if they want to put a pay to play if it's used. Some games already have that such as Homefront and Mass Effect 3 however they only did it if someone wanted to play online with a used game.

Also more and more content is being released on PSN so I would almost think it would be foolish for them to invest in that sort of Technology. They could have put that effort into faster download speeds finding ways to send massive amounts of data faster over a connection that remains the same speed. Such as better information packeting. Computers are smart if you say put build bar from downloaded point A and C your saving B from being downloaded. They can even have preloaded basic shapes such as a box then just have the location of the box and it's texture. In all they could get a 8 GB download to 5 GB or lower.

I would Imagine Home isn't going anywhere. Sony has invested heavily into it and made a lot of money from it. You never know though companies don't always do the popular thing but then again most of the companies that do that cease to exist... Probably just some Xbox fanboy trying to get us Playstation users all worked up. Orbis lol. For minty fresh clean feeling chew Orbis i mean Orbit... lol

Edit: Figured I would post this link. They might have based this story off of the artical that we already read though pretty much said the same thing.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t3#/video/living/2012/04/01/nr-whitfield-saltzman-playstation-rumor...

The Phantom Was Here. Did you see him?
Message 100 of 140 (123 Views)
0 Likes