Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
562 posts

Re: Law confuse me

Apr 20, 2013
Life in prison isn't the best way to take care of these "type" of people, they should be sentence to death to make an example of it
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Apr 20, 2013
I think people who do that already have a screw loose. I don't think death would be much of a deterrence. Torture maybe but of course international law forbids it.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (100 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6124 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2013

BigBrotherKaz wrote:

Before someone start asking me, "why start such thread if you're confuse about Law?" or "Why not buy a law book?", let's me say that I was surfing the internet when this story pop up:

This happen a year ago, though, I'm sure not everyone here know about this since it was not happen in the US, it happened in Vietnam, yes, I said Vietnam, the least talk about country in every subject except for the Vietnam War. Ok, so this fella over here:

Luyen1jpg-055718.jpg

I don't know how to write his name here but it's Luyen or whatever ( Can't spell it). He's a Vietnamese.

Ok so what he did is that he broke into a house at the middle of the night, the house, is a local Jewelry Store by the way. So the dad woke up when this dude was broking the window and try to stop him, and this guy whoop out this machete and decapitate him in an instance, the mother heard the father scream and run out to check out on him only to be cut down by this **bleep**. He stab her 20 times in the face. The youngest daughter, only 3 months old at the time, cry because of the noise they make, and this demon shut her down by chopping her head off too. So the only one left of the family is the oldest daughter, 7 years old, saw everything and run to call help, but he caught her and cut her arm off, as she scream in pain, the neighbor burst in and was slash in the neck too, but he survived. Anyway, this **bleep** then took all the jewelry he can get his hand on and escape the house. After 1 month, he was caught by the police, justice will be serve or so we though.....

He was still 17 by the time he commit the crime, when he was caught, he was 18, yes, that little one month span, and the judge was like, dude, this guy is still not an Adult when he commit such crime, because in Vietnam, one is consider Adult when he reach 18 years old. So instead of putting him away for life or give him lethal injection or a shot to the head like a mad beast he was, the judge sentence him to 10 years in prison.

He killed 3 people and critically injured 2 other, and that all he got, so I'm confuse, what the hell happen with the law, are all law like this or this country has a crappy law, what is the legal age to take responsibility for your crime? Do you think that he get what he deserve? I don't think so

You do realize the human neck bones are as hard as cement - it would take the force of a car accident to truly decapitate anyone,,, Did you mean partially decapitate?

Anyway international law dictates in most countries that 18 is the legal age of adulthood,,, The time of the murder is like a stamp of events,,, it cannot be altered and adjusted to suit the case as this would cause a major breakdown of the justice system... Laws are established so that everyone has a fair trail and people are held accountable for their misdeeds...

Minors are still considered  children because the brain is not yet fully developed by a ruling of standards and practices of the medical field of psychology..

The main purpose of incarceration is rehabilitation,,, Only in a communist country or a country run by a dictator will you have justice on the fly,,, meaning anyone of military or government power can accuse and even execute an individual without a thorough trail...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32837 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Mystic_Gon wrote:
I think people who do that already have a screw loose. I don't think death would be much of a deterrence. Torture maybe but of course international law forbids it.

Death is a very effective deterrent, if it's carried out swiftly against the people causing trouble.  Do people mouth off at mob bosses?  No, because mob bosses have the ability to put a hit out on someone.  If they want you dead, you die.

If you look at a crime syndicate as a community unto itself (and the people involved actually do look at it this way), then the mob boss is the law.  Whatever he says is the way it will be.  There are two kinds of resistance to this.

a. One person defying the boss.  This is like breaking the law.  This person is made an example so nobody else gets any funny ideas.  Compare this to Breaking Bad with the ATM incident.  People did what they were told because they were afraid.

b. A group defying the boss.  This is more like war.  You'll see this all the time on Boardwalk Empire.  Where territories cross, are you breaking my law or am I breaking your law?  The people involved know there will be casualties, and must prepare for it.

At any scale, only a fool takes lightly a credible threat to their own life.  The way it's administered in our current legal system, even the death penalty becomes a weak deterrent.  There are too many opportunities to get away with it.

a. You might not get caught.

b. You could find a really good lawyer.

c. You might get a bleeding heart judge who hates the death penalty.

d. You get automatic appeals up to the Federal Circuit Courts with a death penalty.

e. They might commute your sentence.

f. They might parole you when they commute you down from death to life.

g. There could be a prison break.

h. They might let you go because of "over-crowding".

When Osama bin Laden tried to blow up the World Trade Center, we caught him.  And then we let him go.  He came back in 2001 and succeeded in blowing up the World Trade Center.

So not only is the death sentence a deterrent, it's also an extremely efficient way to prevent future crimes.  If Osama bin Laden had been executed in 1993, he would not have been around to plan the 2001 attacks.

Some people who reject the death penalty like to say, "Killing him won't bring back your dead wife."

a. As if I thought for a second it would bring back my dead wife.

b. As if that was the only consideration.  I'm also preventing him from killing your wife next week.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Apr 21, 2013
I'm just saying someone who is mentally ill or socially awkward might not see death as a reason not to do something. These are people with no agenda who act on impulse. I don't think seeing someone else die for their sins would prevent them from committing crimes of their own. So why not put them to work for the public and get some good out of it. They can clear out port-a-pottys with nothing more than a straw and their stomach, pleasure room full of 300+ pound women....or men. There are fates worse than death.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (76 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29439 posts

Apr 21, 2013

How can you prove this boy actually did these horrible things? where is the evidence? is it on video?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (70 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4157 posts

Apr 21, 2013

BigBrotherKaz wrote:
Life in prison isn't the best way to take care of these "type" of people, they should be sentence to death to make an example of it

I respectfully disagree. Although I support the death penalty, I do also believe that a long prison sentence can be a good thing for these type of "people." Because more than likely they will be tortured, raped, and beaten. And in the end, they probably will WISH they were dead, and do it themselves. :smileyhappy:

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Apr 21, 2013
Not every crime has to be caught on video. Videos are very helpful and its a slam dunk for prosecutors.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 21, 2013

don't really seem much different than what would happen here in the US...hell,sometimes people do worse and get even less time than that or get out of it all together...just comes down to how much money you got to spend..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (34 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48433 posts

Apr 23, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (24 Views)
0 Likes