Highlighted
Apr 20 2013
By: BigBrotherKaz Wastelander 562 posts

Law confuse me

[ Edited ]
19 replies 170 views Edited Apr 20, 2013

Before someone start asking me, "why start such thread if you're confuse about Law?" or "Why not buy a law book?", let's me say that I was surfing the internet when this story pop up:

This happen a year ago, though, I'm sure not everyone here know about this since it was not happen in the US, it happened in Vietnam, yes, I said Vietnam, the least talk about country in every subject except for the Vietnam War. Ok, so this fella over here:

Luyen1jpg-055718.jpg

I don't know how to write his name here but it's Luyen or whatever ( Can't spell it). He's a Vietnamese.

Ok so what he did is that he broke into a house at the middle of the night, the house, is a local Jewelry Store by the way. So the dad woke up when this dude was broking the window and try to stop him, and this guy whoop out this machete and decapitate him in an instance, the mother heard the father scream and run out to check out on him only to be cut down by this **bleep**. He stab her 20 times in the face. The youngest daughter, only 3 months old at the time, cry because of the noise they make, and this demon shut her down by chopping her head off too. So the only one left of the family is the oldest daughter, 7 years old, saw everything and run to call help, but he caught her and cut her arm off, as she scream in pain, the neighbor burst in and was slash in the neck too, but he survived. Anyway, this **bleep** then took all the jewelry he can get his hand on and escape the house. After 1 month, he was caught by the police, justice will be serve or so we though.....

He was still 17 by the time he commit the crime, when he was caught, he was 18, yes, that little one month span, and the judge was like, dude, this guy is still not an Adult when he commit such crime, because in Vietnam, one is consider Adult when he reach 18 years old. So instead of putting him away for life or give him lethal injection or a shot to the head like a mad beast he was, the judge sentence him to 10 years in prison.

He killed 3 people and critically injured 2 other, and that all he got, so I'm confuse, what the hell happen with the law, are all law like this or this country has a crappy law, what is the legal age to take responsibility for your crime? Do you think that he get what he deserve? I don't think so

Message 1 of 20 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2853 posts

Re: Law confuse me

Apr 20, 2013
There's a lot of cases where people under the 'adult age' get a slap on the wrist for vicious crimes. But if they were over a certain age they're punishment would've been more severe. It happens all the time across North America. I guess it's easier for people to frown upon another country that does it, and to close their eyes when it happens in their own backyard.
Message 2 of 20 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 20, 2013
Why don't you ask that on the Vietnam forums?
Message 3 of 20 (141 Views)
Wastelander
562 posts

Apr 20, 2013

johngie wrote:
Why don't you ask that on the Vietnam forums?

They can't understand me duh?????

Message 4 of 20 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 20, 2013
Haha I don't know if there's even a Vietnam forum.
Message 5 of 20 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Apr 20, 2013

johngie wrote:
Haha I don't know if there's even a Vietnam forum.

Haha yeah, but should it be Vietnamese Forum?

anyway, yeah, haven't heard any new about Vietnam since the War, and this new came as shocking to me because I happen to read it on a Japanese Website

Message 6 of 20 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7024 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2013

yes that law is messed and needs to be changed.. always have a shotgun in the home.  there a law  here inthe united states  if someone breaks in your home  on your property they become your property till the law( police) arrive... meaning you the right to defend your  home.

But since a few year ago  they made counter law saying every one has the  right to life  even the criminal in the act of criminal activity.. Meaning you cant  kill them in your home  if the brake  in anymore, if you do you'll get a man slaugther charge which  6- 15 yrs in  jail.

Its tricky but you have  to remember  theres  "defense" and "self defense" in  the act of  these things.. Alway say  i went on the defense, not self defense becuase when  your on defense it mean the fight was long and on  going and it was when you made it over and  have the right to defend you home and  life with defense. Self defense   is a  act  of where they attack you but when they stop or run away   .. you have to stop your attack becuase the threat has stopped. if kill them in act of self defense you get  a man slaughter  murder charge.

if kill them  in the act of "defense"  of your home you get   assualt charge . The murder charge wont apply becuase it was  fight to the death  and the rule of the home to yourself ( which is diffrent than self defense). But to be  honest  with  you always have a shotgun in the home and yes that law is messed up.

Never get up a night to see what wrong naked-handed.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 7 of 20 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

yes that law is messed and needs to be changed.. always have a shotgun in the home.  there a law  here inthe united states  if someone breaks in your home  on your property they become your property till the law( police) arrive... meaning you the right to defend your  home.

But since a few year ago  they made counter law saying every one has the  right to life  even the criminal in the act of criminal activity.. Meaning you cant  kill them in your home  if the brake  in anymore, if you do you'll get a man slaugther charge which  6- 15 yrs in  jail.

Its tricky but you have  to remember  theres  "defense" and "self defense" in  the act of  these things.. Alway say  i went on the defense, not self defense becuase when  your on defense it mean the fight was long and on  going and it was when you made it over and  have the right to defend you home and  life with defense. Self defense   is a  act  of where they attack you but when they stop or run away   .. you have to stop your attack becuase the threat has stopped. if kill them in act of self defense you get  a man slaughter  murder charge.

if kill them  in the act of "defense"  of your home you get   assualt charge . The murder charge wont apply becuase it was  fight to the death  and the rule of the home to yourself ( which is diffrent than self defense). But to be  honest  with  you always have a shotgun in the home and yes that law is messed up.

It said the farther did fight back and defense himself with a kitchen knife, too bad the **bleep**er go all Jason Voorhess on him with the machete

Message 8 of 20 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7024 posts

Apr 20, 2013

BigBrotherKaz wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

It said the farther did fight back and defense himself with a kitchen knife, too bad the **bleep**er go all Jason Voorhess on him with the machete

A knife does no good in a fight your at dis advantage unless your trained to  use it  never  get knife if some breaks in your home unless you know how use it correctly..  If he had a shot gun his whole family would be alive today

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 9 of 20 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Apr 20, 2013
The same way minors can't be labeled sociopaths. They are still developing. Personally I believe in capital punishment if one takes a life or rapes and abuses a child. But there are two sides to every story so in all fairness life in prison is the best way to go.
Message 10 of 20 (92 Views)
0 Likes