15166 posts

Re: Laptop Help!

Jan 8, 2007

djt123 wrote:

DR€W wrote:

djt123 wrote:

DR€W wrote:

coreno wrote:
There might be a problem with the backlight on the LCD screen. I'll bet if you look closely while it's "off", you'll still be able to see the stuff on the screen. As for the CD, I'd make sure the CD is clean as a whistle.

Yes, I still see things if I look close enough. Not dealing with the CD anymore for now, just wondering what's going on. Gosh this is annoying...this is kind of a trade between my mom and her brother, she owes him so I'm getting this brand new laptop, nicest thing I've owned computer wise, and I was going to reformat this old laptop we were going to give to him and now it's giving me problems, just great.

Any uh..fix to this LCD problem?

New screen? im out of ideas, maybe u should format again?

I never got it format in the first place, for some reason it claimed there was an error reading the disc. Just reformatted this other laptop last night with the same disc. This laptop I'm using now is just a problem in itself it seems like.

Why dont u format it with DOS?

Don't know how to be honest.

And to be clear, the screen will stay on for maybe 15-30 seconds, and it'll make this trickling like noise, then go out.
Message 11 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Jan 8, 2007

nyzballa12 wrote:

DR€W wrote:

djt123 wrote:

DR€W wrote:

coreno wrote:
There might be a problem with the backlight on the LCD screen. I'll bet if you look closely while it's "off", you'll still be able to see the stuff on the screen. As for the CD, I'd make sure the CD is clean as a whistle.

Yes, I still see things if I look close enough. Not dealing with the CD anymore for now, just wondering what's going on. Gosh this is annoying...this is kind of a trade between my mom and her brother, she owes him so I'm getting this brand new laptop, nicest thing I've owned computer wise, and I was going to reformat this old laptop we were going to give to him and now it's giving me problems, just great.

I never got it format in the first place, for some reason it claimed there was an error reading the disc. Just reformatted this other laptop last night with the same disc. This laptop I'm using now is just a problem in itself it seems like.

Try shining a bright light, like a flashlight onto the screen and then see if you can see better. Something like that had happened to my friend's computer and it turned out to be just like coreno stated, a LCD backlight problem. He wound up getting the LCD replaced because the laptop has just gone out of warranty about 2 weeks before.

I'm so glad it sounds like we'd have to just send this in to get it repaired at a time like this Smiley IndifferentSmiley IndifferentSmiley Indifferent. Why oh why does this stupid laptop have to go wrong at a time like this.
Message 12 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8934 posts

Jan 9, 2007

DR€W wrote:

nyzballa12 wrote:

DR€W wrote:

djt123 wrote:

DR€W wrote:

coreno wrote:

Try shining a bright light, like a flashlight onto the screen and then see if you can see better. Something like that had happened to my friend's computer and it turned out to be just like coreno stated, a LCD backlight problem. He wound up getting the LCD replaced because the laptop has just gone out of warranty about 2 weeks before.

I'm so glad it sounds like we'd have to just send this in to get it repaired at a time like this Smiley IndifferentSmiley IndifferentSmiley Indifferent. Why oh why does this stupid laptop have to go wrong at a time like this.

Cus it's a stupid laptop But from the looks of it, there isn't really much you can do with out sending it in
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 13 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Jan 9, 2007
^Well you can do a repair youself.................
Message 14 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Jan 9, 2007

aznsniper911 wrote:

How?
Message 15 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Jan 9, 2007

DR€W wrote:

aznsniper911 wrote:

How?

You need to find the same size LCD monitor and take out the old one and hook it up.
Message 16 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes