Jan 08 2007
By: drew1477 Ghost of Sparta 15166 posts

Laptop Help!

15 replies 4 views Edited Jan 8, 2007
Well, I'm trying to reformat this laptop for my uncle, and first of all it for some reason doesn't read the disc.

Then for a while there the screen kept blanking out on me, so I figured maybe it's the battery? So I let it charge for 15 minutes and the light went from orange to green, plus I have it plugged into the AC adapter. This laptop is giving me nothing but problems right now. The screen flickers, then just dies out, and if I press that little button that gets pressed down when you close the laptop it'll turn back on, flicker, then eventually die out.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4805 posts

Re: Laptop Help!

Jan 8, 2007
Wow. Never heard of such a thing....Did u already format it or are u still in Windows?
PSN ID = DeeJayTea
Message 2 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Jan 8, 2007

djt123 wrote:
Wow. Never heard of such a thing....Did u already format it or are u still in Windows?

I was restarting again since the disc didn't read for some reason, was gonna change the boot setup again to start it to disc, now I'm having problems. I'm clueless as to what is going on. I checked the battery power and it's at 98%. The screen just flickers then eventually dies out, and the computer goes into sleep mode.
Message 3 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18887 posts

Jan 8, 2007
There might be a problem with the backlight on the LCD screen. I'll bet if you look closely while it's "off", you'll still be able to see the stuff on the screen. As for the CD, I'd make sure the CD is clean as a whistle.
Message 4 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Jan 8, 2007

coreno wrote:
There might be a problem with the backlight on the LCD screen. I'll bet if you look closely while it's "off", you'll still be able to see the stuff on the screen. As for the CD, I'd make sure the CD is clean as a whistle.

Yes, I still see things if I look close enough. Not dealing with the CD anymore for now, just wondering what's going on. Gosh this is annoying...this is kind of a trade between my mom and her brother, she owes him so I'm getting this brand new laptop, nicest thing I've owned computer wise, and I was going to reformat this old laptop we were going to give to him and now it's giving me problems, just great.

Any uh..fix to this LCD problem?
Message 5 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4805 posts

Jan 8, 2007

DR€W wrote:

coreno wrote:

Yes, I still see things if I look close enough. Not dealing with the CD anymore for now, just wondering what's going on. Gosh this is annoying...this is kind of a trade between my mom and her brother, she owes him so I'm getting this brand new laptop, nicest thing I've owned computer wise, and I was going to reformat this old laptop we were going to give to him and now it's giving me problems, just great.

New screen? im out of ideas, maybe u should format again?
PSN ID = DeeJayTea
Message 6 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Jan 8, 2007

djt123 wrote:

DR€W wrote:

coreno wrote:

I never got it format in the first place, for some reason it claimed there was an error reading the disc. Just reformatted this other laptop last night with the same disc. This laptop I'm using now is just a problem in itself it seems like.
Message 7 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1083 posts

Jan 8, 2007
Well that happend to a friend of mine but he had pixels dying on his qusimo before that happend, his entire screen went out on him and he had to send it back in, but i think your laptop(or uncle's) is out of warrenty.
Message 8 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4805 posts

Jan 8, 2007

DR€W wrote:

djt123 wrote:

DR€W wrote:

coreno wrote:

I never got it format in the first place, for some reason it claimed there was an error reading the disc. Just reformatted this other laptop last night with the same disc. This laptop I'm using now is just a problem in itself it seems like.

Why dont u format it with DOS?
PSN ID = DeeJayTea
Message 9 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8934 posts

Jan 8, 2007

DR€W wrote:

djt123 wrote:

DR€W wrote:

coreno wrote:

Try shining a bright light, like a flashlight onto the screen and then see if you can see better. Something like that had happened to my friend's computer and it turned out to be just like coreno stated, a LCD backlight problem. He wound up getting the LCD replaced because the laptop has just gone out of warranty about 2 weeks before.
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 10 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes