MVP Support
9085 posts

Re: [Labels] Off-Topic now has labels!

Jan 22, 2014

Solid---Steak wrote:

Can't see anywhere to enter a label. Mind taking a screenshot, Maisy?

FireShot Screen Capture #944 - 'Create Topic - PlayStation® Community Forums' - community_us_playstation_com_t5_forums_postpage_board-id_22034.png

KANE-FIRE

Message 11 of 31 (119 Views)
MVP Support
13617 posts

Jan 22, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

I can see where this would be nice, but the implementation is almost too unnoticeable to matter.

Agreed. Since when do people pay attention to that kind of thing that often? Not that people wouldn't, but it seems like another thing to keep track of. 

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 12 of 31 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Jan 22, 2014
[Extra Terrestrials]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 13 of 31 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Jan 22, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

I can see where this would be nice, but the implementation is almost too unnoticeable to matter.

Agreed. Since when do people pay attention to that kind of thing that often? Not that people wouldn't, but it seems like another thing to keep track of. 

Exactly. You have to look at the bottom tags of the post to see it. If there was some sort of change in the title or emblem of the thread, that would be much clearer.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 14 of 31 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4084 posts

Jan 22, 2014

See my OP, at the bottom it says, Labels: Informative

It's just what this OP is, Informative.

We are free to use Labels here, not forced to, but it'd be very nice to adopt a set of usually needed Labels.

If one is reading a post and likes that post, they can see the label on it, if they click it they'll get a list of posts with that label.

That could be very useful. If used wisely, yes, alot of you see this as a joke. You can't see me, but I'm waving y'all away. Let's be sensible and just pretend that this is OK.

Message 15 of 31 (110 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13617 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2014

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

See my OP, at the bottom it says, Labels: Informative

It's just what this OP is, Informative.

We are free to use Labels here, not forced to, but it'd be very nice to adopt a set of usually needed Labels.

If one is reading a post and likes that post, they can see the label on it, if they click it they'll get a list of posts with that label.

That could be very useful. If used wisely, yes, alot of you see this as a joke. You can't see me, but I'm waving y'all away. Let's be sensible and just pretend that this is OK.

Yea they could be, Maisy. It's just a lot to take in right now.

It's good to know where they are though if you ever need to use one.

Also, it might be useful in keeping a thread on track, depending on the Label.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 16 of 31 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Jan 22, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Exactly. You have to look at the bottom tags of the post to see it. If there was some sort of change in the title or emblem of the thread, that would be much clearer.

I see why it is useful in General, where the moderators have created a standard set of labels to use and a way to quickly access them. But until that happens here, which would be much harder to implement. They have no purpose. If anything they've simply added another level of complexity to the already underused tagging system.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 17 of 31 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4084 posts

Jan 22, 2014

Once you do click a Label, you can see a list of other labels, including that one that brought you there, in a box on the right. Very useful.

Message 18 of 31 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Jan 22, 2014

darknovaxp wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

I see why it is useful in General, where the moderators have created a standard set of labels to use and a way to quickly access them. But until that happens here, which would be much harder to implement. They have no purpose. If anything they've simply added another level of complexity to the already underused tagging system.

This is true. But it is still too hard to find. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 19 of 31 (87 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4084 posts

Jan 22, 2014

For some reason when a Label is applied it's counted as right, but doesn't show up in the list as a post.

Recent Buys is doing that, and some of the GENERAL forum Labels, which one post I started is part of, is hiding from it's label list.

Once it's ironed out, it'll be very useful, not for everyone, but for some OP's, absolutely.

Message 20 of 31 (81 Views)
0 Likes