Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Re: LEFT 4 DEAD!!!

Nov 18, 2008

kofta_of_arabia wrote:

iruhl wrote:
dunno, took me about 30 minutes to get thru the first level by myself.  how many levels total?

http://www.n4g.com/NewsCom-232803.aspx?CT=1#Comments

read the comments

yeah kinda what i thought.  Too Human is the same way, only 4 levels as well but with co-op multiplayer the replay value is extremely high.  L4D seems to be the same way and judging by how the zombie AI responds I'm guessing its a bit different each time you play it.  Not quite sure is worth 60 bucks though IMO so on the X-mas list it goes with Last Remnant and GH:WT

I can only imagine more levels to come later down the road since everyone is raving about the online co-op.

(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Message 31 of 64 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5108 posts

Nov 18, 2008
Heck yes! I'm hopefully going to get it tonight. Can't wait. The demo was awesome! Smiley Happy   BTW I'm getting it for PC.
Message 32 of 64 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Nov 18, 2008
seems like Zombimania lately.  Wonder how the new GTA4 DLC will factor into this zombiefest?

Message 33 of 64 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3004 posts

Nov 18, 2008

iruhl wrote:

kofta_of_arabia wrote:

iruhl wrote:
dunno, took me about 30 minutes to get thru the first level by myself.  how many levels total?

read the comments

yeah kinda what i thought.  Too Human is the same way, only 4 levels as well but with co-op multiplayer the replay value is extremely high.  L4D seems to be the same way and judging by how the zombie AI responds I'm guessing its a bit different each time you play it.  Not quite sure is worth 60 bucks though IMO so on the X-mas list it goes with Last Remnant and GH:WT

I can only imagine more levels to come later down the road since everyone is raving about the online co-op.

I played the tiny slice of the game they gave us in the demo for ten hours......

I'd say it's worth it

I HEART the PSU moderating team ^_^

And fanboys don't deserve oxygen O_o
Message 34 of 64 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4895 posts

Nov 18, 2008

For those of you who say they will buy it for the Xbox because of a great online community...ever heard of Steam?

Anyway, I'll hopefully be getting this game soon. 4 senarious to start with at 1 hour long each should be great considering how long I spent on the demo. Also Valve stated that they are encurouging (and made parts of the game) modded levels, some of which were done in the pre-order demo. And if the modding community is as good as CSSmiley Frustrated (which i wouldn't doubt) this will be worth every penny.

Message 35 of 64 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3998 posts

Nov 19, 2008
Played it at a friend's house at his borthday party. All night. Just the demo though but it changed everytime we played. **bleep**ken awesome.
Message 36 of 64 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
675 posts

Nov 19, 2008

kofta_of_arabia wrote:

iruhl wrote:

read the comments

How have I seen you post in this thread alone 2 times, but yet your post count says 0?

Anyway...

I never took notice of this game when people were talking about it. I thought the name was stupid (until I read more about it) and was just generally uninterested in a game that wasn't for my gaming console.

The other day I saw a locked thread in the Survival/Horror section saying the demo was great.

I was pretty bored and decided to grab it. Now, keep in mind this is only the second demo I have EVER downloaded onto my PC (the first being Bioshock).

Even after the frustration of having to download Steam and do this, and do that, I have to say: Wow.

This game was phenomenal and ridiculously fun. I only picked up the demo last night, so I didn't have a lot of time to play it, but it was really great.

Now, I'm a HUGE horror buff, as such, zombies are my lifeblood (no pun intended), and this game caters to that perfectly. The zombies are very intense and terrifying, as well as the other mutations.

Let me just put it this way...

I do not own nor play a single game on my PC (not even flash games), but this game is well on it's way to change all that.

(granted there's no news on potential PS3 ports in the future)

Message 37 of 64 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Nov 19, 2008

kutku wrote:

For those of you who say they will buy it for the Xbox because of a great online community...ever heard of Steam?

Anyway, I'll hopefully be getting this game soon. 4 senarious to start with at 1 hour long each should be great considering how long I spent on the demo. Also Valve stated that they are encurouging (and made parts of the game) modded levels, some of which were done in the pre-order demo. And if the modding community is as good as CSSmiley Frustrated (which i wouldn't doubt) this will be worth every penny.

yes I have heard of Steam. 

Again,  I have 100 friends on my list and since some of them will be buying/renting/playing this game.  Why would I buy the PC version?  It would be different if the game was like Shadowrun and cross-platform but to my knowledge it isn't.   I have no friends on Steam, maybe someday I'll get some but for right now, I'll stick with the 360 version.  I wonder which version will sell more?  Not that that matters but....

Message 38 of 64 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2216 posts

Nov 19, 2008
im actually downloading it right now on steam. i cant wait
Photobucket
Message 39 of 64 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Nov 19, 2008

Deaths_Design wrote:

kofta_of_arabia wrote:

iruhl wrote:

read the comments

How have I seen you post in this thread alone 2 times, but yet your post count says 0?

Anyway...

I never took notice of this game when people were talking about it. I thought the name was stupid (until I read more about it) and was just generally uninterested in a game that wasn't for my gaming console.

The other day I saw a locked thread in the Survival/Horror section saying the demo was great.

I was pretty bored and decided to grab it. Now, keep in mind this is only the second demo I have EVER downloaded onto my PC (the first being Bioshock).

Even after the frustration of having to download Steam and do this, and do that, I have to say: Wow.

This game was phenomenal and ridiculously fun. I only picked up the demo last night, so I didn't have a lot of time to play it, but it was really great.

Now, I'm a HUGE horror buff, as such, zombies are my lifeblood (no pun intended), and this game caters to that perfectly. The zombies are very intense and terrifying, as well as the other mutations.

Let me just put it this way...

I do not own nor play a single game on my PC (not even flash games), but this game is well on it's way to change all that.

(granted there's no news on potential PS3 ports in the future)

posts dont count on off-topic

my old account was banned ages ago with a few thousand posts...so i wont bother getting lots of posts

Message 40 of 64 (10 Views)
0 Likes