Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Re: Kudos

Dec 10, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

The only way to go with Voltron is the original. Period.

"FORM BLAZING SWORD!" 

Yeah, looking back now; "and I will form the Head", sounds a little funny. Smiley Wink

Moble

it was wicked corny. I actually just part of the movie on Netflix where OG Voltron Joins with that "other" voltron this past weekend.  So bad.... but awesome all at the same time.

Message 71 of 170 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 10, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

Voltron came before Power Rangers and got ripped off.

I don't remember the Mexican Gundam though lol

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Biggest cartoon rif-off of all time, that went huge? The Go-bots got ripped off and became...... you know it.

Message 72 of 170 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Still, neither compared to Robotech!

Jetfire in Transformers was a total rip off of the Veritech Fighter.  I am assuming the patent was owned by the same company.  Not sure if they were both put out by Matel or not.

I had them both.  Sadly, both are gone.  I got heavily into M-80s at one point, and did not think to spare many toys. Smiley Sad

Moble

Message 73 of 170 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55190 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Speedy24xmax wrote:

PPilgrim would of had alot more if his kudos carried over to here....

I seen him talk about it in another thread... something over 10000 I think cant remember exact.

bm2919 wrote:
Says the chicken who wussed out of our signature contest Smiley Tongue

LOL I did I aint gonna lie... hey I was at work that day getting yelled at... 

Yeah @ one point I had 7500 kudos and handed out over 25,000 of them.......then the forums went merge happy 2 times and now i dunno where I'm at Smiley Tongue.

It's all good, sony offered me a permanent kudos trophy Smiley Wink  Smiley Tongue

Message 74 of 170 (92 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 10, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

Yeah it did take some time to get into but it was worth the payoff. I haven't seen it in a while but I like the different types of Gundams, especially the Canadian one. That guy was pure comedy with his plaid shirt. The thing about that show was that everyone had personalities to match their Gundam.

Yeah, I got a kick out of that.  The Mexican G Gundam was over the top though.

The difference in this Gundam though, reminds me of the two Voltrons.

I have the Original Lions. 

My Korean friend had both.  I think those are a Lincoln and a Chevy on the bottom.  Yeah, you see a lot of cars in space. Smiley Frustrated

Moble

Yeah, he didn't fare well.

Moble

Message 75 of 170 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Dec 10, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Biggest cartoon rif-off of all time, that went huge? The Go-bots got ripped off and became...... you know it.

What's the Go-bots?

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 76 of 170 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 10, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

What's the Go-bots?

Whipper snapper!  The go-bots are based off of the japenese style robot cartoons and hit the market before their rip-off although it be far more successful counterpart.....

Transformers.

Message 77 of 170 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Dec 10, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

What's the Go-bots?

Whipper snapper!  The go-bots are based off of the japenese style robot cartoons and hit the market before their rip-off although it be far more successful counterpart.....

Transformers.

Whoa, I grew up on Transformers and still watch some of them to this day. I like Beast Wars and the one that came out about 10 years ago where they merged two bots into one, and received a power boost. Can't believe my favorite toon is a rip-off of something else. Can't believe it. Noooooooooo!

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 78 of 170 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 10, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

What's the Go-bots?

Seriously?  The Go-Bots were to Transformers (Although they came first), as Photon was to Laser Tag.

There was always that kid in the neighborhood, whose parents just didn't get it.  They shopped on sticker price and not popularity.

Although, Photon did have a show to try and boost sales.  Didn't work BT Dubbs.

Moble

Message 79 of 170 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 10, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

What's the Go-bots?

Transformers.

Whoa, I grew up on Transformers and still watch some of them to this day. I like Beast Wars and the one that came out about 10 years ago where they merged two bots into one, and received a power boost. Can't believe my favorite toon is a rip-off of something else. Can't believe it. Noooooooooo!

Beast Wars?  That was the worst of all.  Why would you want to be a robot that turns into an animal.  Dinasaurs, OK (See Dinobots); but an Ape, or a chimp? NO WAY!

Moble

Message 80 of 170 (76 Views)
0 Likes